The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geminirose 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-23-06, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geminirose Click to send private message to geminirose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
Did Jill ever explain why she chose not to contact her mom on Christmas? I know she spent the holiday with her dad, but why did she not speak to her mom?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... Redbud 05-23-06 1
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... jonimoni 05-23-06 2
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... mirage3033 05-23-06 3
       RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... Redbud 05-23-06 4
           RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... mirage3033 05-23-06 5
               RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... Redbud 05-23-06 6
                   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... SOfan0221 05-23-06 12
           RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... Ujena 05-24-06 30
       RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... beckettrep 05-24-06 34
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... MizJazmine 05-23-06 7
       RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... alaholly 05-23-06 8
           RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... Shazbot 05-23-06 9
           RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... geminirose 05-23-06 10
           RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... southern sam 05-23-06 11
 RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... young_black_sista06 05-23-06 13
 RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... MovinOnUp 05-23-06 14
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... geminirose 05-23-06 15
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... BlueCollar Blonde 05-23-06 16
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... Redbud 05-24-06 27
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... tac_2 05-24-06 28
 RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... maryellennaco 05-23-06 17
 RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... JustBNMe 05-23-06 18
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... Katie1985 05-23-06 19
       RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... origsofan 05-23-06 20
           RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... origsofan 05-23-06 21
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... snowflake2 05-24-06 22
       RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... SeasonedRefinement 05-24-06 24
 RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... bikbruz 05-24-06 23
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... butterfly34 05-24-06 29
       RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... dopeydwarf 05-24-06 32
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... MizJazmine 05-24-06 31
 RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... eire_heart74 05-24-06 25
   RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... Shazbot 05-24-06 26
       RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... bikbruz 05-24-06 33
           RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christ... Shazbot 05-25-06 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-23-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
Well, I guess for all the work that Jill did in her 4 months at SOH what she learned was how to disrespect her mother on Christmas. Shame on you Jill...how hard was it to send your Mom a christmas card??? Seriously....
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jonimoni 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-23-06, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jonimoni Click to send private message to jonimoni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
I realize that we do not know all that has gone on in the past between Jill and her mom, but, there is NO excuse to let Christmas go past without as little as a phone call. If Jill had really learned anything in her looooonnnnggg stay in the house she would have behaved as an adult and made some effort to contact her mother for the holiday.....sheesh!

mirage3033 100 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirage3033 Click to send private message to mirage3033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
She ignored her Mom at Christmas, the mom who lost her housing due to a hurricane this year, the mom who spilled her guts on national tv, the mom that was castigated because she did not educate her daughter about jills sperm donor, the mom who;s beloved husband that helped raise jill was murdered and not even mentioned and all the other sh*tty things that jill does to her mother because..........she felt like it. isn't that what she said? jill has the emotional maturity of a gnat.

05-23-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
There's a fine line between taking care of oneself and being selfish. Jill has serious problems if she can't see fit to get to know her sperm donor while KEEPING a relationship with her mother. I don't blame the mother for her hard feelings....where was the father while Jill's mother was busy raising her?? Yes, that's right let's ignore Mom so we can bond with the one who dumped you....is that what she learned in SOH?

mirage3033 100 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirage3033 Click to send private message to mirage3033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
according to the giant lizard yes. Iguana is the one that pushed Jill in contacting the sperm donor. I would not be surprised if the producers did not promote that story line and contacted Leonard just for a big teary moment. I did not like the fact the Iggy had to "MEDIATE" the phone call. Is this the first time Jill has spoken to her mother since Christmas??

05-23-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
I thought that was odd also. After 4 months in the SOH and countless hours of "therapy" Jill can't see her way clear to calling her mother? She needed IV? How is Jill going to survive outside the house?

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-23-06, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
I don't think she is going to survive outside the house. How hard is it to call your mom and say, you know mom I made a mistake and I am sorry that I didn't send you at the very least a card on Christmas. You don't need a life coach to do the decent thing......that is why the Good Lord gave you a conscience. If you bother listening to it, it will serve you well. But then again, she didn't listen when she was shoplifting so there you go. Let's run to SO everytime a conflama erupts in her life. I liked one of the other posters who said she had the sense of a gnat. lol too funny.

If you want to bond with daddy, so be it but don't disrespect your mother in your need to be coddled, babied, pitied or whatever the emotion is your going for.

Jill needs to cluctch her pearls a little tighter and choke some sense into herself.

Ujena 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-06, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ujena Click to send private message to Ujena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
I must have missed this part of the show, it has been hit and miss for me this week. The only thing that I can think of after watching this show this year is that Jill is trying to pull away from her mother. I believe Jill talked alot about her mother leaning on her emotionally and I think financially.

No question about it, not contacting her on Christmas is shocking and sad. Keep in mind though, Jill is starting out with her father about the emotional age she was when he walked out. Oddly enough, she is an infant emotionally, in her dealings with him and she is now able to obsorb all she missed out on as a child. I believe, in time, healings will happen all around and there will be a time when Jill's dad will talk to her mother and explain and apologize.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-24-06, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
>She ignored her Mom at Christmas,
> the mom who lost
>her housing due to a
>hurricane this year,
>the mom who spilled her
>guts on national tv,
>the mom that was castigated
>because she did not educate
>her daughter about jills sperm
>donor, the mom who;s
>beloved husband that helped raise
>jill was murdered and not
>even mentioned and all the
>other sh*tty things that jill
>does to her mother
>because..........she felt like it.
> isn't that what she
>said? jill
>has the emotional maturity of
>a gnat.

The emotional maturity of a gnat?????? LOL.........Well said!! and I couldn't agree more.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
I was thinking that it was probably something Jill and her mom didn't do (sending Christmas cards) because they lived together all those years BUT Jill could have called her. It was wrong for her to (what it looks like) cut her mom out to put her dad in! That's just silly and immature.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-23-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
Apparently she didn't learn much during her stay at Starting Over. Sad.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-23-06, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
I agree wholeheartedly with the comments in this thread. How hard could it have been to send a card, a gift... make a phonecall, whatever. In fact I would even go so far as to suggest that out of respect for her mother, perhaps Jill should've picked another time in the year to spend with her father. Sorry Jill, but your mother was there... your father wasn't, whether you like it or not.

05-23-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geminirose Click to send private message to geminirose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-06 AT 06:13 PM (EST)

>Apparently she didn't learn much during
>her stay at Starting Over.
> Sad.

she learned how to get her radio career back on track. if she wasnt on SO would she really have been able to afford to put her demo tape together? would the people she interviewed with really have interviewed her if the SO cameras weren't there?

i was just so surprised that jill could be so ignorant that she didnt realize (until IV pointed it out) that not calling her mom on christmas was cruel and hurtful. how selfish is she?!

i'm assuming that her mom was still uncomfortable with jill contacting her dad, and she was probably still upset that jill moved out (remember that her fear was dying alone), so where was jill's COMPASSION (the word they love to throw around in the house) for her mom?

she could have at least sent a card if she didnt want to speak.

southern sam 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail southern%20sam Click to send private message to southern%20sam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
I could NOT believe JILL... unreal to forget you mother on Christmas their is NO excuse..... NONE. All the years Jill mother raised her and kick in the teeth..... just the sperm donar. I cried for Jill mother. I am so sorry for you (Mother) to have such a unloving child and all you did for her. You do not deserve this so sorry. Jill colors are not nice just for her self, and selfish. Up to this point I liked Jill not anymore. Jill GROW UP before you grow OLD... Mother go on with your life and take this as what Jill really is as person. SO SORRY

young_black_sista06 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-23-06, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail young_black_sista06 Click to send private message to young_black_sista06 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
My heart broke for Jill's mother! I had a lot of respect for Jill up until that moment. How do you just casually forget about the person who was there for you when your "father" was off building a family of his own (important fact: that never consisted of you)? I understand the feeling that Jill's mother was feeling, because I think that any normal person would feel that way if their child did that to them. When Jill was first explaining that whole situation, I felt that she tried to portray her mother as the "bad guy." Now that I see the REAL picture, Jill is the real bad guy in this story. JMO

MovinOnUp 28 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MovinOnUp Click to send private message to MovinOnUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
Jill did not send her mother a christmas card. Other than Jill, no one knows what the reason for that is...personally, I think it was an oversight based on being in new territory (first time they haven't spent Christmas together).

This, however, does not mean that she didn't call her mother or that she hadn't talked to her since then. IMO there is a difference between messing up and overlooking what might be considered common courtesy and "ignoring" her mother.

Remember that just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. The conversation with her mother today was a) much longer than what you saw and b) one of MANY conversations along the path to improving her relationship with her mother. There were many more acknowledgments and levels of ownership from Jill that for whatever reason did not make the show.

Yes I know Jill. Say what you will about her I can tell you that she has worked very hard at strengthening the relationship with both her mother and her father. I can not imagine trying to balance those relationships at this stage in her life...how do you build a relationship with a man you never thought you'd know? How do you do this without your mother feeling abandoned and betrayed? And how do you negotiate all of this while trying to grow your newfound "self-hood." Probably most significant is how do you wrap your brain around being a daughter with a present father when you've never had that experience?

Has she had some mis-steps? Yes. Will there be more? Probably. I, for one, think it takes courage to explore these things period...much less without the world watching.

All of this to say, bash her if you must for her inconsideration, oversight or whatever, but know the facts. She didn't send a christmas card. Everything else is speculation, rumor and untrue.

05-23-06, 08:32 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-06 AT 08:35 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-23-06 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

you say that you're a friend of jill's and you know that she did not send her mother a card. on today's show, IV said that jill had NOT called her mother either (correct me if i'm wrong, guys)-- which was why IV was there to mediate a call between daughter and mother to discuss the matter.

so she didnt send a card or call her mom on christmas. maybe a way her mom wouldnt feel abandoned or betrayed by jill's decision to build a relationship with her father is if she acknowledged her occasions such as christmas.

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
>Jill did not send her mother
>a christmas card. Other
>than Jill, no one knows
>what the reason for that
>is...personally, I think it was
>an oversight based on being
>in new territory (first time
>they haven't spent Christmas together).
>
>
>This, however, does not mean that
>she didn't call her mother
>or that she hadn't talked
>to her since then.
>IMO there is a difference
>between messing up and overlooking
>what might be considered common
>courtesy and "ignoring" her mother.
>
>
>Remember that just because you didn't
>see it doesn't mean it
>didn't happen. The conversation
>with her mother today was
>a) much longer than what
>you saw and b) one
>of MANY conversations along the
>path to improving her relationship
>with her mother. There
>were many more acknowledgments and
>levels of ownership from Jill
>that for whatever reason did
>not make the show.
>
>Yes I know Jill. Say what
>you will about her I
>can tell you that she
>has worked very hard at
>strengthening the relationship with both
>her mother and her father.
> I can not imagine
>trying to balance those relationships
>at this stage in her
>life...how do you build a
>relationship with a man you
>never thought you'd know?
>How do you do this
>without your mother feeling abandoned
>and betrayed? And how
>do you negotiate all of
>this while trying to grow
>your newfound "self-hood." Probably
>most significant is how do
>you wrap your brain around
>being a daughter with a
>present father when you've never
>had that experience?
>
>Has she had some mis-steps?
>Yes. Will there be
>more? Probably. I,
>for one, think it takes
>courage to explore these things
>period...much less without the world
>watching.
>
>All of this to say, bash
>her if you must for
>her inconsideration, oversight or whatever,
>but know the facts.
>She didn't send a christmas
>card. Everything else is
>speculation, rumor and untrue.

And herein lies the problem with what the show has digressed to. The "editing" and some of the statements made made it clear to the viewers that Jill did not a) send her Mom an xmas card, b) did not call her on xmas, and c) I swear IV said that Jill had not even spoken with her Mother since before xmas, hence IV arbitrating their phone call.

I mean honestly, there was no other conclusion for the viewers to come to so if your information is correct, it is just plain wrong and totally misleading for the producers of SO to present the story otherwise.

You know perhaps the real "project" they should all conglomerate on is after their vow of silence contracts have ended, publish a "Behind the Scenes: The Real Stories of Starting Over".

05-24-06, 12:36 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
Thanks for an interesting post. However, in my personal opinion there is NO excuse for not sending her mother a Christmas card at Christmas time, unless the holiday is something they don't celebrate. I don't buy the "well she relocated to a new teritory" excuse either. I simply cannot be convinced that a woman with only a part-time job did not have time nor presence of mind to send her mother, the first Christmas they are separated, a card. What I can believe is that Jill had some issue with her mother, and was being passive agressive in dealing with it.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-06, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
>
>Has she had some mis-steps?
>Yes. Will there be
>more? Probably.

I've been forgiving Jill's 'mis--steps' throughout her entire SO experience because I felt her intentions and motives were, for the most part, genuine. However, I see now that until Jill escapes from Iyanla's grip and influence my support is in vain.

Jill's mother was there for her during the good, bad, and ugly and by Jill's own admission remained her most ardent supporter and when her mother appeared on the show it wasn't hard to see they had a warm and close connection.

It was chilling to me when Iyanla first started pressuring Jill to track down her father - I knew what was coming and I knew that whack job wasn't going to let up until she forced the reunion. Had to be he!! on Jill's mother who, by that time, probably clued in to just how influential Iyanla had become in Jill's life. From my point of view and as a mother, I know I would be very scared for my child, grown or not.

So, it came down to Jill choosing her father over her mother at Christmas. It's already been said but hear my echo: WRONG

You know, as a daughter of a 'father' who was absent for over three decades I can understand the conflicting feelings Jill has had and can forgive her confusion as to how deal with her sudden discovery of this man. However, that her mother, whom raised and nurtured her being ignored at any time, just has to be about the most undeserved painful blow Jill could deliver.

Jill better get straight with reality and do it fast. Unlike the rest of her housemates, a few who apparently can afford to be delusional (at least temporarily), I don't see Jill as having that luxury.
I wish her the best but by that I mean within the bounds of reality, not under a trance of some New Age 'priestess' who evidently Jill worships more than her own mother.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-23-06, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
Because she's a fart! No, really - she just is soo into herself obviously and her "tools" were put waayyyyyy in the back of the toolshed. What a skanky thing to do to the woman who gave birth to you IMHO

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
Jill can't do 2 things at one time. It takes effort and energy which she can't do becuase she is such a fat a$$. Plus maybe her mom didn't join her fan club and thus she didn't get the engraved Christmas cardRemember Jill is a big star on tv and in radio now. Gag

Katie1985 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Katie1985 Click to send private message to Katie1985 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
My heart broke for her mother as well. I try not to talk bad about anyone-even on tv, because I don't know these people and don't know what's cut out, but IV clearly stated that Jill did not send her mother a Christmas card. How cruel can a person be? Her mother, who is so afraid of being alone, spent her first Christmas without her without so much as a phone call? I don't know what kind of thought process a person could have to logically think that is okay???? I seriously hope that I missed a big part of the conversation and that Jill really wasn't that horrible to her mom.

origsofan 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail origsofan Click to send private message to origsofan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
All I know is Jill's mom raised her and loved her unconditionally for many years. Jill's "father" abandoned Jill and her mother. He's just a selfish PR..K. He couldn't even see Jill without his wife holding his hand with his grown kids in tow. If I were Jill I'd spit on him and treat my mom with all the more respect she deserves.

origsofan 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail origsofan Click to send private message to origsofan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
P.S. All Jill's father contributed to her was the fat genes. His two sons are heavy and Jill's mom was slim.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 00:19 AM (EST)

Jill must have been too busy to send her mom a Christmas card...too busy informing the State of California where to send her public assistance checks. Or maybe coming up with that absolute gutbuster of a line, "I won't eat a cupcake...but I will eat her 2nd cousin, a donut." <<eyeroll>> Yeah, Jill, and by the looks of you, also:

-her daddy the layer cake
-her mother the ho-ho
-her sister the twinkie
-her brothers, cheesecake and banana cream pie
-her grandma the cookie
-her grandaddy the fried dough

Jill mentioned her Dad has a pretty nice, big house...guess now that her mom lost all her $$$ sinking it into Jill's Failed Fat Suit business, Jill's gonna sniff around to see if she can sponge off her Dad.

Edited because I typed "butguster" instead of "gutbuster".

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
And the fans continue to dwindle.

Strike two...

Like them or not, Rhonda and Iyanla are two legitimate television personalities who have talent management and publicists working in their behalf. Even if we have no intention of ever watching them again, most of us have wondered where their next career steps might lead them.

Jill, on the other hand, is a HG. As such, she has not been able to secure that type of serious representation. So, she substitutes reality show reappearances and blog entries for real publicity and career management. The result? Well, here it is: most posters are bashing Jill for snubbing her mother at Christmas. Even a post from someone who claims to know Jill isn't turning the tide.

I don't think it's working, but don't sweat it Jill. I have a feeling that come June, you won't have to deal with the stress of message boards or their miserable members...ever again.

bikbruz 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bikbruz Click to send private message to bikbruz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
I think that no matter how much love between mother and daughter, with major life changes there are growing pains. I truly believe that, however wrong, Jill was plain 'ol afraid to hear the disappointment and lonliness in her mom's voice when she called home. She probably delayed and delayed, until she was too ashamed even to call.
Personal experience? Yep- I've got plenty. I'm an only daughter of an aging mother, and the hurt and martyrdom she conveys every time I make an independant, forward moving decision makes me feel so guilty I can't face talking to her. Then I'm so mad at myself for not facing her and being the bigger person, that I just avoid her. It's a downward spiral, and I'm working on growing up(thirty-two years old yesterday, maybe I'll grow up someday, LOL)

butterfly34 72 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail butterfly34 Click to send private message to butterfly34 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
> I
>think that no matter how
>much love between mother and
>daughter, with major life changes
>there are growing pains.
>I truly believe that, however
>wrong, Jill was plain 'ol
>afraid to hear the disappointment
>and lonliness in her mom's
>voice when she called home.
> She probably delayed and
>delayed, until she was too
>ashamed even to call.
> Personal
>experience? Yep- I've got plenty.
>I'm an only daughter of
>an aging mother, and the
>hurt and martyrdom she conveys
>every time I make an
>independant, forward moving decision makes
>me feel so guilty I
>can't face talking to her.
> Then I'm so mad
>at myself for not facing
>her and being the bigger
>person, that I just avoid
>her. It's a downward
>spiral, and I'm working on
>growing up(thirty-two years old yesterday,
>maybe I'll grow up someday,
>LOL)

I agree I think that Jill just was afraid to call. Then too much time passed by and she was ashamed. I don't think she is a heartless #####. She being human and made a mistake. The good news is that she said she was sorry and her mother forgave her.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."

I don't think she is heartless either. I had a christmas where my son didn't call, but he called the next day--that day they had been on the tail end of a cruise, and he told me hewas coming up to my area in a few days. That made me happier--he and his wife work their own business, and just got away for a few days. We had Christmas then.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
What you described is what I was initially thinking happened, but I still think it was silly and immature on Jill's part.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
I was shocked when she said that! After all, didn't her mom come to the house and help support her in this process? Having an honest conversation about how they were going to stop blaming each other and start helping each other? She couldn't even send a card? WTF?

Her mom's feelings towards the father are completely justified and Jill needs to own that. Her mom also has to own the fact that Jill wants to find out more about dad as well. But for it to lead them to not talking even at a holiday, that's just a shame.

05-24-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
"Personal experience? Yep- I've got plenty. I'm an only daughter of an aging mother, and the hurt and martyrdom she conveys every time I make an independant, forward moving decision makes me feel so guilty I can't face talking to her. Then I'm so mad at myself for not facing her and being the bigger person, that I just avoid her. It's a downward spiral, and I'm working on growing up(thirty-two years old yesterday, maybe I'll grow up someday, LOL)"

---------------------------------------------------------------
Bikbruz - I have the same problem with my mother... and I too am an only daughter (only child)... and my mother has never re-married. I have a hard time with it. I have used the exact same words - everytime I do something INDEPENDENT, FORWARD MOVING... It's as if I'm commiting a crime. But I'm realizing the biggest problem is in my head - which I'm working on. The advice I can give to you (I'm a little older) is to act like you care even if you don't... it just makes things go so much easier. Then - specific duty over - get back to what you like doing in life... at least that's my strategy!

bikbruz 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bikbruz Click to send private message to bikbruz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
Thanks Shaz, it's nice to know there are others in the same boat. While I KNOW my mother wants the best for me, I always get the feeling that 'the best' is what she wants for me, not what would make me happiest. Our relationship swings from comfortable to strained, and I guess I'm learning to avoid the subjects that strain it.

05-25-06, 01:09 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Jill Ignoring her Mom on Christmas..."
>Thanks Shaz, it's nice to know
>there are others in the
>same boat. While I
>KNOW my mother wants the
>best for me, I always
>get the feeling that 'the
>best' is what she wants
>for me, not what would
>make me happiest. Our
>relationship swings from comfortable to
>strained, and I guess I'm
>learning to avoid the subjects
>that strain it.

I think the distinction between 'the best' and 'happiest' is well put. And you're aware of it, so that's a big advantage. I believe my mother wanted to take me down so to speak and looked for ways to get under my skin... but she didn't know what worked when I ignored it. Ignoring it is hard but it works, eventually. I think space between us was a good idea too. I realize though that lately I've been trying to sort this out on a whole new level, in terms of the effect the whole relationship has had on me. I just know that fighting causes a whole lot more work, and some things will just never change. Well the best of luck to you Bikbruz.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •