The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Are the ratings way lower this season?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-08-04, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Are the ratings way lower this season?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-04 AT 11:04 PM (EST)

The reason I ask is that first season we had a rather huge amount of fans posting here in these very forums, yet this season, there's but a trickle of new posts every day. What gives?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... Sweater_Puffs 07-08-04 1
   RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... woeisme1 07-08-04 3
       Hysterical too.... Sweater_Puffs 07-09-04 5
   RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... memacmur 07-21-04 12
 RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... Roo 07-08-04 2
 RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... SurvivorBlows 07-08-04 4
   RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... cqvenus 07-09-04 6
       RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... erickman 07-10-04 7
           RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... ladro 07-10-04 8
               RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... erickman 07-10-04 9
                   RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... Rabies 07-12-04 10
                       RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... erickman 07-20-04 11
                       RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... vixie 08-09-04 14
 RE: Are the ratings way lower this ... Mr Canuck 08-08-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-08-04, 04:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-08-04 AT 04:08 AM (EST)

I think the show as a whole is 'slower' than the first. There's not as much to be 'amused by' as the first. No Hutch. No Kip...... uhhh, no carrots!

I gotta go adjust my Cuban tea bags.... hmmm, wonder what he meant by that?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-08-04, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
If the cast of characters made a big difference how does one explain how Survivor, BB, Tar, or any of the other shows for that matter, are still on seasons later?

This season is hysterical too, only different. But that is just my opinion.

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

Go here>http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID31/475.shtml, go now, I need you

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-09-04, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Hysterical too...."
Two words.... bangers and mash!

in somebody else's bun.... Oh, i guess that's seven words.

Yes, they have had some funny moments!

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-21-04, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
My guess for the drop in ratings is that the novelty has worn off.

I've been off on vacation, so I also don't know how heavily SpikeTV has been promoting this years season either. I know last year you couldn't go past the channel without seeing part of an ad (or a repeated episode) being shown. I eventually jumped in a few episodes into season 1 (due to both ads and friends), and have been hooked ever since.

Personally, I still think the show is great, even a bit better than last year just because they have gone completely over the top. Besides, Gerald (Jonathan Torrence, aka Jono) is great to see on network TV for all us Canadians who have seen far too much of his on-screen antics. From Street Cents to Jonovision (his own tween-oriented talk show) to Trailer Park Boys and Joe Schmo. Oops, on a rant...

MEmacmur

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-08-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
I think the time slot makes a big difference. JS1 was on from 9 - 10 pm. in my area, which is a much better time for many people. Is it only on Mondays at 11:05 in your area? Our is shown again on Tuesday nights at 10.

Roo

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-08-04, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
>Are the ratings way lower this season?

Ya, you could say that:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2666

Debuting Tuesday, June 15, Joe Schmo 2 drew only 596,000 overall viewers for its premiere, a figure that was not only below the numbers drawn by last fall's premiere of the original Joe Schmo, but far below the 3.4 million viewers who tuned in for the program's October 2003 finale.

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-09-04, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"

wow. that is truly pathetic. maybe they should've saved it for the fall instead of putting it on in the summer.

~ cq

Monsty is lying, she is going to a truck driver's convention. She told me. She used the language to prove it. -- knockers

erickman 61 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erickman Click to send private message to erickman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
i knew it would bomb just like joe mill 2 did i wonder how high the raitings are for matts show 10 things every guy should do it would be funny if they are higher

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-10-04, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
Thanks for the tip. But, since I didn't even know Matt had a show, I would be surprised if his ratings were higher.

07-10-04, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erickman Click to send private message to erickman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
>Thanks for the tip. But, since
>I didn't even know Matt
>had a show, I would
>be surprised if his ratings
>were higher.

yea it is a pretty good show it is on once a month where 4 guys compete for tickets to like the super bowl or some other event

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-04, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
Leave it to Spike to market Matt's show in such a way that even fans of Joe Schmo (me) don't know it even exists!

But hey, this is the channel that intelligently decided it was going to cut it's potential audience in HALF, by billing itself as a men's channel.

07-20-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
so s-blows how are the raitings after the move to monday night did it help out any

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-09-04, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
I'm sorry..what show? On Spike, I take it, but when?
p.s. Not a guy (at least not at this time)

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Canuck Click to send private message to Mr%20Canuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Are the ratings way lower this season?"
Problem is that they didn't give it a fighting chance. ratings are soooo important that after 2 episodes they decided to move it to an impossibly late time slot. So much that I don't bother watching the first airing and wait for the re-air a few days later (still late but not as much). Hopefully they will do a Schmo 2 marathon in the fall.

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •