The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The host is the same guy right?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-16-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The host is the same guy right?"
Underneath that dyed hair and goatee, that's the same show host as in the first one right?? I can't help but wonder how long it will take before the Joes notice him slipping in and out of his fake accent.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The host is the same guy right? mmm_link 06-16-04 1
   RE: The host is the same guy right? gravity2k 06-16-04 2
   RE: The host is the same guy right? memacmur 06-16-04 3
   RE: The host is the same guy right? ladro 06-16-04 6
       RE: The host is the same guy right? mmm_link 06-23-04 13
 RE: The host is the same guy right? Neffer 06-16-04 4
   RE: The host is the same guy right? managerr 06-16-04 5
       RE: The host is the same guy right? Traces 06-17-04 7
 RE: The host is the same guy right? Sweater_Puffs 06-18-04 8
   RE: The host is the same guy right? Beccarito 06-19-04 9
       RE: The host is the same guy right? Sweater_Puffs 06-20-04 10
 The funniest thing ever moonbaby 06-20-04 11
   RE: The funniest thing ever covertwo 06-20-04 12
   RE: The funniest thing ever Schmoron 06-23-04 14
       RE: The funniest thing ever Sweater_Puffs 06-28-04 16
           RE: The funniest thing ever NOZENUGGETS 08-12-04 17
   RE: The funniest thing ever Sweater_Puffs 06-28-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-16-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"
Yup its Ralph Garmen, but why did he put on a disguise? If the two contestants never heard of the Joe Schmo show, then why not bring him back w/o the getup? I wish they would have brought back the Hutch.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

gravity2k 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-16-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gravity2k Click to send private message to gravity2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"
>Yup its Ralph Garmen, but why
>did he put on a
>disguise? If the two
>contestants never heard of the
>Joe Schmo show, then why
>not bring him back w/o
>the getup? I wish
>they would have brought back
>the Hutch.

You must realize the contestants on the show have no idea that they are actually on a show called Joe Schmo...

If not, I think the producers need to contact you for Season 3.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-16-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"
Yes it is the same guy.

My guess as to why they have the accent and bad dye job is that even thought they (hopefully) screened the contestants to ensure they didn't watch the Joe Schmo show, they probably still wanted to make sure no one thing on the show gave away that this was fake. And if he was easily recognized as 'they guy who was on Spike TV incessantly for a couple of months' the contestants might be more likely to figure it out.

Still, they seem to have taken the ridiculousness up a notch from last season - makes it great fun to watch, but I wouldn't be too surprised of Ingrid figures it out...

MEmacmur

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-16-04, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"
I don't understand the reason for the disguise either. I find people with accents annoying, even actors with fake accents. I wish they would have brought the Hutch back also. In fact I think they should have brought the entire cast back from the first season, have them play the same characters with different story lines.

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-23-04, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"
After watching him in the first two episodes, I see the extra humor in his British host position. Maybe later on he'll lose the accent making it more confusing to the schmos.

Neffer 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-16-04, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Neffer Click to send private message to Neffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"
I was wondering if anyone else was going to comment of that "british" character Ralph is playing. I was in tears it's so awful!
That whole initial episode seemed way over the top, like the producers are giddy with success or something. The Schmoes would have to have had absolutely NO exposure to the original at all or it would be obvious. Anyway, makes for addictive TV thats for sure (dammit!).

Neffer
Constantly playing internal game of chess between intellect and TV viewership

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-16-04, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"
Not only is it a way to keep a castmember from last season, but it's also a way to spoof all of those Reality Shows that seem to have British Hosts. (Paradise Hotel, Forever Eden, Weakest Link, etc.)

Traces 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-17-04, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Traces Click to send private message to Traces Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"
It's spoofing the Bachelor-type shows that always have some British butler dude host.

"You know, that might be the answer - to act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That's a trick that never seems to fail." -Lieutenant Colonel Korn

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-18-04, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"
Yep - it's Ralphy baby alright! I guess I'm the only one impressed with his metamorphing - he's got range, who knew? I think it was a good idea to disguise him, coveryourass, ya know. Besides, it makes it more fun for Ralph.

The only one previously on a reality show with a british accent was the little dude from Joe Millionaire.

Wait.... I've got stuff in places. - Eleanore

Beccarito 57 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-04, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Beccarito Click to send private message to Beccarito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"

>The only one previously on a
>reality show with a british
>accent was the little dude
>from Joe Millionaire.
>
>Wait.... I've got
>stuff in places. - Eleanore
>

Erm, would you be talking about the AUSTRALIAN butler? !

06-20-04, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The host is the same guy right?"
The one and only.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-20-04, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "The funniest thing ever"
HUUUGE cheese factor in the host. This show is laugh out loud funny!

covertwo 54 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-04, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail covertwo Click to send private message to covertwo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The funniest thing ever"
very funny show.... but too bad Ingrid is catching on fast

Schmoron 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-23-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schmoron Click to send private message to Schmoron Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The funniest thing ever"
Hilarious character for the shmarmy host. I bet he is having a blast playing this guy. How can he keep a straight face?

06-28-04, 02:55 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The funniest thing ever"
"This show is such fun because I get to do the fun patio scenes in 108 degree weather wearing a nice woolen suit." .....polyester gets me hot too Ralphy!

NOZENUGGETS 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-12-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NOZENUGGETS Click to send private message to NOZENUGGETS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The funniest thing ever"
Yes, an honest-of-goodness Brit...from Philadelphia, PA!!!

06-28-04, 02:53 AM (EST)
15. "RE: The funniest thing ever"
"I'm not gay, I'm Canadian!"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •