URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 210
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The host is the same guy right?"

Posted by Rabies on 06-16-04 at 02:19 PM
Underneath that dyed hair and goatee, that's the same show host as in the first one right?? I can't help but wonder how long it will take before the Joes notice him slipping in and out of his fake accent.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The host is the same guy right?"
Posted by mmm_link on 06-16-04 at 04:00 PM
Yup its Ralph Garmen, but why did he put on a disguise? If the two contestants never heard of the Joe Schmo show, then why not bring him back w/o the getup? I wish they would have brought back the Hutch.

Posted by gravity2k on 06-16-04 at 04:20 PM
>Yup its Ralph Garmen, but why
>did he put on a
>disguise? If the two
>contestants never heard of the
>Joe Schmo show, then why
>not bring him back w/o
>the getup? I wish
>they would have brought back
>the Hutch.

You must realize the contestants on the show have no idea that they are actually on a show called Joe Schmo...

If not, I think the producers need to contact you for Season 3.

Posted by memacmur on 06-16-04 at 05:35 PM
Yes it is the same guy.

My guess as to why they have the accent and bad dye job is that even thought they (hopefully) screened the contestants to ensure they didn't watch the Joe Schmo show, they probably still wanted to make sure no one thing on the show gave away that this was fake. And if he was easily recognized as 'they guy who was on Spike TV incessantly for a couple of months' the contestants might be more likely to figure it out.

Still, they seem to have taken the ridiculousness up a notch from last season - makes it great fun to watch, but I wouldn't be too surprised of Ingrid figures it out...

MEmacmur

Posted by ladro on 06-16-04 at 11:06 PM
I don't understand the reason for the disguise either. I find people with accents annoying, even actors with fake accents. I wish they would have brought the Hutch back also. In fact I think they should have brought the entire cast back from the first season, have them play the same characters with different story lines.

Posted by mmm_link on 06-23-04 at 09:01 AM
After watching him in the first two episodes, I see the extra humor in his British host position. Maybe later on he'll lose the accent making it more confusing to the schmos.

Posted by Neffer on 06-16-04 at 08:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone else was going to comment of that "british" character Ralph is playing. I was in tears it's so awful!
That whole initial episode seemed way over the top, like the producers are giddy with success or something. The Schmoes would have to have had absolutely NO exposure to the original at all or it would be obvious. Anyway, makes for addictive TV thats for sure (dammit!).

Neffer
Constantly playing internal game of chess between intellect and TV viewership

Posted by managerr on 06-16-04 at 08:58 PM
Not only is it a way to keep a castmember from last season, but it's also a way to spoof all of those Reality Shows that seem to have British Hosts. (Paradise Hotel, Forever Eden, Weakest Link, etc.)

Posted by Traces on 06-17-04 at 03:36 AM
It's spoofing the Bachelor-type shows that always have some British butler dude host.

"You know, that might be the answer - to act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That's a trick that never seems to fail." -Lieutenant Colonel Korn

Posted by Sweater_Puffs on 06-18-04 at 02:06 AM
Yep - it's Ralphy baby alright! I guess I'm the only one impressed with his metamorphing - he's got range, who knew? I think it was a good idea to disguise him, coveryourass, ya know. Besides, it makes it more fun for Ralph.

The only one previously on a reality show with a british accent was the little dude from Joe Millionaire.

Wait.... I've got stuff in places. - Eleanore

Posted by Beccarito on 06-19-04 at 12:44 PM

>The only one previously on a
>reality show with a british
>accent was the little dude
>from Joe Millionaire.
>
>Wait.... I've got
>stuff in places. - Eleanore
>

Erm, would you be talking about the AUSTRALIAN butler? !

Posted by Sweater_Puffs on 06-20-04 at 07:29 PM
The one and only.

"The funniest thing ever"
Posted by moonbaby on 06-20-04 at 09:12 PM
HUUUGE cheese factor in the host. This show is laugh out loud funny!

"RE: The funniest thing ever"
Posted by covertwo on 06-20-04 at 11:21 PM
very funny show.... but too bad Ingrid is catching on fast

Posted by Schmoron on 06-23-04 at 10:07 AM
Hilarious character for the shmarmy host. I bet he is having a blast playing this guy. How can he keep a straight face?

Posted by Sweater_Puffs on 06-28-04 at 02:55 AM
"This show is such fun because I get to do the fun patio scenes in 108 degree weather wearing a nice woolen suit." .....polyester gets me hot too Ralphy!

Posted by NOZENUGGETS on 08-12-04 at 02:32 PM
Yes, an honest-of-goodness Brit...from Philadelphia, PA!!!

Posted by Sweater_Puffs on 06-28-04 at 02:53 AM
"I'm not gay, I'm Canadian!"