The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Just another little tidbit"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-19-03, 06:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Just another little tidbit"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 00:43 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 06:25 PM (EST)
I added yet another link fom same cyber buddy
One of my cyber buddys sent this link to me

http://www.spiketv.com/casting/index.jhtml

Just another one of those things that make you go HMMMMM....

Here's another site for all the Schmonatics

http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/ReviewWC.cfm/flat/BrewerID=102999

Brought to you by.....

----------------------------------------
If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......
----------------------------------------

*****P.S. Guppin: nice to be back and see your posts! And if you haven't been to OT then you have missed at least one classic quote from me. I'l find a way to sqeeze it in later*woe smiles knowingly*

Edited to add another site link

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Just another little tidbit Rabies 10-19-03 1
   RE: Just another little tidbit woeisme1 10-19-03 3
       RE: Just another little tidbit Rabies 10-20-03 6
           RE: Just another little tidbit littlelovey 10-21-03 8
       RE: Just another little tidbit ghost cat 10-22-03 13
           RE: Just another little tidbit Rabies 10-22-03 14
               RE: Just another little tidbit ghost cat 10-23-03 18
                   RE: Just another little tidbit Rabies 10-23-03 19
                       RE: Just another little tidbit ghost cat 10-27-03 21
 RE: Just another little tidbit Guppin1234 10-19-03 2
   RE: Just another little tidbit woeisme1 10-19-03 4
       New additions? Guppin1234 10-20-03 5
           RE: New additions? erikman 10-20-03 7
               RE: New additions? Guppin1234 10-21-03 9
                   RE: New additions? woeisme1 10-21-03 10
                       RE: New additions? Guppin1234 10-21-03 11
                           RE: New additions? woeisme1 10-21-03 12
                               RE: New additions? SZUU 10-22-03 15
                                   RE: New additions? woeisme1 10-22-03 16
                                       RE: New additions? erikman 10-22-03 17
                                           RE: New additions? Rabies 10-23-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-03, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Just another little tidbit"
why does it make you go "hmm"? How else would you look for candidates for a reality tv show?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-19-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Just another little tidbit"
It makes me go Hmmmm because why would they leave it posted this long? OH I got it.... To make Woe go hmmm...

Fashioned by the Godlike hands of Icecat

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

10-20-03, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Just another little tidbit"

OK you know what, what makes *ME* go HMMM is that the ad says that the person selected would be paid $10k just for participating. Also the ad does not say they are looking for men and women. It only says looking for men. It also says "just for moving in and playing along you'll get $10,000!".

"Playing along"???

I can't help but think that the conspiracy theorists are right. He knows. He's NOT an actor. He's not acting. But he knows it's a put-on. Hence his constant over-reacting, and trying to be mr everybody.

Is the joke on the actors. And on us...?

littlelovey 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-21-03, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littlelovey Click to send private message to littlelovey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Just another little tidbit"
And how could they have a chance to win $100,000 if that is part of the show that is fake?

ghost cat 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-22-03, 02:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ghost%20cat Click to send private message to ghost%20cat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Just another little tidbit"
If this is from Spike's website, I'm not surprised at all. Once something is put on a site, it stays there until someone takes it off again. And web designers are notoriously lazy. I've been on websites (even big, professionally done sites) where nothing gets added, updated or changed for months.

Nope, no "Hmmm" here.

the ghost cat

"God has created the cat to give man the pleasure of caressing the tiger."

10-22-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Just another little tidbit"
Yeah, webmasters are lazy... They couldn't possibly be BUSY with higher priority tasks, now could they.

10-23-03, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ghost%20cat Click to send private message to ghost%20cat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Just another little tidbit"

Hey, I created my own website once too, and I fully admit that I was too lazy to update it after a while.

Besides, the reason why the title of the job is Web Master is because the website is SUPPOSED to be the highest priority. Isn't it?

10-23-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Just another little tidbit"
That's like saying that because you have the title "receptionist" you'll NEVER be called on to lift a finger to do anything BUT picking up the phone. Unlikely.

I was the webmaster at one company, but the real job I was being paid for was being a 3D graphic artist. Website maintenance is rarely a 40 hour a week job, hence why it falls down the priority list. It's usually a task someone is assigned to now and then when time can be squeezed in.

10-27-03, 02:05 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Just another little tidbit"
The point I was TRYING to make is that there are a lot of potentional reasons why this "tidbit" exists.

It isn't as if the only possible explanation is "let's leave a data trail so no one figures out that Matt is really a Mole/Actor/the Show's Producer/the CEO of SpikeTV/Whatever". LOL

But then again, I've gotten into trouble here before for (seemingly) making fun of conspiracy theories, so I guess I'll stop here.

the ghost cat

PS: Rabies, if my sig seems disturbing to you, it's only because your mind is in the gutter.

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-19-03, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Just another little tidbit"
Thanks. I couldn't log on when they were doing their maint thing.

Where's OT? Off Topic?

10-19-03, 05:20 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Just another little tidbit"
You're welcome my little Guppi (it's a fish obsession thing).

Yes- it is Off Topic and one of my favorite places to get lost in these boards.

Here's your new quote:

"Quote me as saying I was misquoted"- Groucho Marx
I get that alot myself.

Fashioned by the Godlike hands of Icecat

How you like my new additions?

10-20-03, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "New additions?"
I like them.

I discovered Smiley Central myself, hope they are coming through okay. I'm an HTML virgin.

I'm watching David Smith on Access Hollywood right now, he sure like showing his pecs. He sounds slightly more intelligent than Evan Marriott and no jerk factor thus far. I should learn my lesson, I give these people the benefit of the doubt, then they always disappointment me. Watch at your own risk I guess.

Are you all pumped up for Joe Millionaire?

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-20-03, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New additions?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-03 AT 11:51 PM (EST)

that playing along quote sounds fishy just play along with our little joke. and why were they not looking for women too.

10-21-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
9. "RE: New additions?"
"Want to be on a reality TV show? Want to live in a mansion? Want a shot at $100,000? Want $10,000 for just playing along?

Spike TV is seeking men for a new reality show. You'll get to live like the super-rich for up to two weeks in LA. And get this, just for moving in and playing along you'll get $10,000! If that weren't enough, you'll also get a chance at $100,000!! Not bad for two weeks of living the good life!!

Auditions are scheduled for:

Columbus, Ohio
Saturday, April 19th, 9:30am - 12:30pm, Adam's Mark Hotel
50 North Third Street, Columbus, OH 43215"

- Playing along sounds pretty vague - that could entail anything the producers want. $10k for 1-2 weeks of work, that's pretty good, pretty enticing to an out-of-work actor. They would probably be willing to do just about anything.

10-21-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: New additions?"
>pretty enticing to an out-of-work actor. They would probably be willing to do just about anything.

How many actors could there be, employed or otherwise in Pennsylvania? I mean it's not like it's the hotbed of theatre or things theatrical. Is it?

Charmingly crafted by Phoenixmons.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish."
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

10-21-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: New additions?"
- I was under the impression that the ad was only circulated in Los Angeles trade magazines.

10-21-03, 06:22 PM (EST)
12. "RE: New additions?"
True, true but they found Matt in PA. Oh wait a minute, if they were looking for actors in there why didn't they just say "wanted: up and coming actors to.....blah blah blah, aasuming that went out to search for the actors and not the schmoe.

Just for you Guppi-
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

SZUU 10 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SZUU Click to send private message to SZUU Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: New additions?"
There looking for men only cause it's a netwrk for men

10-22-03, 06:20 PM (EST)
16. "RE: New additions?"
But isn't looking at women what men like to do?

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-22-03, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: New additions?"
i think the reason the wanted a man was the challanges like hands on a hooker, but they should have in there ads person instead of men it would look better.

10-23-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
20. "RE: New additions?"
Some of you are missing the point. If the ad was an ad looking for the CAST of actors, then it would have said "looking for men and women", but this ad is worded in a way that really says they were looking for the "Joe" character only. Now having said that, wouldn't such an ad really be a tip-off to a "Joe Schmo" in the first place? Seems a bit fishy that a reality show would advertise looking for ONE person, when there are actually a half dozen participants.

Thus this is more fuel for the "matt is in on it" camp.

Personally, I don't know what to think anymore. :-D

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •