The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I love Joe Schmo!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

jgardino 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-16-03, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jgardino Click to send private message to jgardino Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I love Joe Schmo!"
Hi all- I know you are all out there trying to bash the concept of the show and trying to figure out what the "real" plot is behind the show, but I honestly believe that Matt doesn't know what is going on. Everyone says, "oh, he's too stupid, anyone could see through this." But that is easy for you to say cause you are on the outside, watching it from home, knowing that all these people are actors and that they are all assigned specific roles.
If you were in Matt's shoes and really thought you were on a reality show, you would have no reason to second guess anything. As everyone knows, all these shows are cast with people that fit those roles, so you would just attribute that to the reason you have a gay, a rich girl, a virgin, the buddy, etc.
I know it is hard for people to believe that Matt is really that nice, and I'll admit it is hard for me to believe sometimes too, but I am a believer. I think he is honestly the nice guy he presents himself to be. And to someone that was convinced there are no more "nice guys" left out there, Matt has given me hope. For myself, and countless other women out there watching this show, I think we would be more than willing to fulfill Matt's "I just want a house, dog, and a girl" wish, even if it is a little corny.
So please people, quit overanalyzing and just enjoy the show for what it is. I hope you all can just sit back and enjoy the finale! And I can't believe they're making us wait 2 weeks! Cruel!!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I love Joe Schmo! LynneAndReef 10-16-03 1
 RE: I love Joe Schmo! mistofleas 10-17-03 2
   RE: I love Joe Schmo! Lisapooh 10-17-03 3
 RE: I love Joe Schmo! Bebo 10-21-03 4
   RE: I love Joe Schmo! Miss_Chevious 10-21-03 5
       RE: I love Joe Schmo! Lisapooh 10-21-03 6
           RE: I love Joe Schmo! Bebo 10-21-03 7
               RE: I love Joe Schmo! mistofleas 10-21-03 8
                   RE: I love Joe Schmo! erikman 10-21-03 9
               RE: I love Joe Schmo! Jpod5 10-21-03 10
                   RE: I love Joe Schmo! Lisapooh 10-21-03 11
                       RE: I love Joe Schmo! woeisme1 10-22-03 15
                   RE: I love Joe Schmo! Bebo 10-21-03 12
                       RE: I love Joe Schmo! Tiger Lily 10-21-03 13
                           RE: I love Joe Schmo! Bebo 10-22-03 17
                               RE: I love Joe Schmo! Tiger Lily 10-22-03 18
                       Ohhhh, a Michael Myers fan... Guppin1234 10-22-03 19
           RE: I love Joe Schmo! woeisme1 10-22-03 14
               RE: I love Joe Schmo! cassiemodo 10-22-03 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LynneAndReef 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-16-03, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LynneAndReef Click to send private message to LynneAndReef Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
YOU SAID IT!! I agree with everything you said in your post! I also hate that we have to wait two weeks!! Matt has given me hope too!! He will surely get the girl, the house and the dog after this is all over. (White pickett fence and all) I think it would be REALLY cool if Molly or Ashleigh fell in love with him, but that would just be too much of a fairy-tale ending to be real......it is a nice dream though...
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-03, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
So please people, quit overanalyzing and just enjoy the show for what it is. I hope you all can just sit back and enjoy the finale!

*snicker*

Stop me Pooh!

--loves psychoanalizing

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
You need to be more like me hon! I under analyze everything because I'm very, very shallow.

Not a deep thinker.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
Welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the guidelines. Everything you posted could have been included in other threads that on the first page - there was no need to start one saying the same stuff again.

And if we didn't "overanalyze", then this board would have gotten very, very boring by the second show. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to stick my finger down my throat after reading message boards filled with "I Love ____/Me Too" threads. Some of us prefer discussion.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Miss_Chevious 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-21-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Miss_Chevious Click to send private message to Miss_Chevious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
That's a nice way to make someone feel welcome.

10-21-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
well, there's always the crap baskets.

10-21-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
Silly me, I obviously got up on the wrong side of the coffin today.

*clears throat and smiles*

Welcome to the forums. Please feel free to bash, overanalyze, etc. about Joe Schmo or many of the other reality programs that are discussed on this forums. Obviously, we are a group of Desperate Attention Whores (aka DAWs) for whom just watching a television program isn't enough - we like to discuss things in greater depth. If you're the same, then great, pull up a chair, grab some lard-filled fats, and enjoy. If you're not, then it's a shame you've wasted your time. There are clearly marked exits in the front, middle, and rear of the cabin.

*points at the front, middle, and rear of the cabin*

In case of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, there are no oxygen masks to drop down. You will have to fend for yourself. Buh-bye.

Better?

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-03, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
*grabs a lard filled treat*

*holds up her *hearts Bebo sign*

--emulates pooh and bebo every day

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-21-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
note to all realty show fans if a site has sucks or blows in the name it might have some show bashing.

Jpod5 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-21-03, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jpod5 Click to send private message to Jpod5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
Though prompted to seek a message board due to my infatuation with Schmo, I must blatantly admit my appreciation for Bebo and Pooh. You two are gems in the crown of this fine forum. I seek no other, and shamelessly venerate your wit and uniqueness. I don’t even know all the inside jokes, yet hardly a post goes by that I don’t smile thanks to yourselves.

Much gratitude,

jimbo

10-21-03, 09:02 PM (EST)
11. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
Jimbo, it is very obvious to me that you are quite bright and also a man of impeccable taste. I'm sure you are also handsome. And witty. You are most likely of royal lineage. Practically godlike! I gots me a feeling about you!

I hope you (and all the other fine schmorons on this board) make your way over to the Off Topic forum! 99.9% of all inside jokes start there. It's how so many of us became friends - and we'd love to get to know all y'all better too.

So - go read there. Just today we've discovered many posters' secret crushes. Join the football and NASCAR thingees. See puppy pictures! Vote for the worst.song.ever. Help woeisme name her fish! Go - go now!!!!

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-22-03, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
Thank you Lisapooh for the honorable mention!!!!

Woe **hearts** Lisapooh

Charmingly crafted by Phoenixmons.

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

10-21-03, 10:04 PM (EST)
12. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
You two are gems in the crown of this fine forum.

*blushes*

Awwww, a charming man can always turn me to jello. You just put a big smile on my face, hon.

I don't think there's any one person who understands all of the inside jokes around here. Part of the fun is making up an inside joke to be a part of. For example, after mentioning Dr. Schnittman in my Schmo summary, a few of us kept talking about Schnittmans on the Off-Topic forum for some Schmo-comaraderie.

Any poster who's willing to let loose and not take these shows - or themselves - too seriously is awesome in my book, regardless of whether it's the first post or 5,000th from that poster. I've encountered some posters throughout the forums who have made me smile since that very first post, and I love the new energy in the forums thanks to the folks willing to pull up a keyboard and have some fun.

OK, I'm getting a litte verklempt here. Talk amongst yourselves, I'll give you a topic...Joe Schmo is neither a Joe nor a Schmo, discuss.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-21-03, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
Joe Schmo is neither a Joe nor a Schmo, discuss.
Ahhh.... But he was like buttah. (Or was that Earl's toe jam? I'm confused.)

FTR, also thinks Bebo and Pooh are aweseome. Not to mention dozens of other peeps around here.

10-22-03, 08:08 AM (EST)
17. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
*high fives * Tiger Lily

Hee hee hee. Do you think Barbra likes his show?

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-22-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

I heard that Mike Myers based that character on his mother-in-law.

And, if *I* were Barbara, I would absolutely love it. However, I'm not Barbara (thankfully), so I can't say.

Edited to add: There are a lot of people I really, really, hope have a good sense of humor, based on how much they get made fun of.

Sentence first. Verdict afterwards.

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-22-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Ohhhh, a Michael Myers fan..."
A girl after my own heart, and I'm straight!

I heart Coffee Tawk. I heart my dog head (bumper sticker).

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-22-03, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
I tried that over on the human nature thread and not only did I not get a thank you, it wasn't even acknowledged as the recipient was too busy tearing me a new one.

But this new poster seems to swim well in our pool and seems worthy. Can I bring it in?

Charmingly crafted by Phoenixmons.

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

cassiemodo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-22-03, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cassiemodo Click to send private message to cassiemodo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I love Joe Schmo!"
As realityworld virgin, not sure where to post this random tidbit (and certainly not qualified to comment on inside jokes) - so putting the random bit here by default...

brother in law in OR said they already saw last episode - they're showing JS on Sundays - anyone else have that experience? If so, give a spoiler notice and SPOIL away!!! (:

Cassiemodo
Anchorage, Alaska
~Faith~Courage~Strength~Passion~

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •