The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Don't get pulled over in Rhode Island."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-10, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Don't get pulled over in Rhode Island."
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-10 AT 08:13 AM (EST)

And if you're unlucky enough to find yourself on the side of the highway with Louie & Michael approaching, just dive out of the car and try to land in front of incoming traffic. Ultimately, it'll be easier. 'Hey, look! It's a suspect! Sure, we don't know what they've done if anything, but that's a suspect because we pulled them over, and that means they're guilty of something because we're cops and when we say you've committed a crime, we just have to figure out which one it is! And we've got people who do that last part for us! Say, partner, what crimes do we need to make quota on this month? Anything with a maximum security sentence attached to it? Ah, let's just make something up...'

I know. You're going to say they're undercover detectives, not traffic cops. They were undercover detectives. They've spent the last few weeks exposing their faces to the world. Criminals watch TAR, y'know. 'And there's another country I could flee to, with a mass transit system no one could possibly track me through.' They are known men, and after the events of the first three episodes, they are known morons. We're going with the Dandrew Strategy: near-to-last on every leg through a combination of mental errors, physical ineptitude, and the power of raw stupid.

'Here we are, standing in line. Someone is ahead of us in this line. Let us arrest them for loitering and clear our way. We can't do that because we're in the wrong place? All right, in that case -- hey! They're holding a spot for someone else! They can't do that! No one is allowed to act with special powers unless they happen to be us! Citizen's detainment! Citizen's detainment!'

'We are carrying cans of paint looking for a house that needs painting. If people in other countries happened to be very short, they might live within tiny cracks in walls. Here is a wall. Let us paint it.'

'This cannot be a pantry. I don't see any pants.'

'I have conclusively proven that the set of directions we were given leads in a complete circle. I have done this without following them, checking the instructions against a compass, or using any actual brain cells. I will now dig a hole directly under my feet.' *repeatedly slams face into ground* 'Dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole...'

Rhode Island's Finest? Let's hope not. In fact, the whole Race might have just been a desperation move by their captain: if they're out of the country, then they can't do any local harm. (Unless they happen to start a war. And what are the odds of that happening? One in five, tops?) Buddy movies just aren't as much fun for the supervisors if they're actually living with the results, y'know. Turn in your badge. And your gun. And all records that you ever worked here.

So don't get pulled over in Rhode Island. And if you do and have to dive into traffic, be very careful about which car you go in front of.

Because if you're really cursed, Dan & Jordan might be driving it. And miss you.

The human pace is not a standardized measurement. The unit of Racer Stupid, however, is conducted in Dandrews.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode ... Seana 03-01-10 1
 RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode ... Earl Colby Pottinger 03-02-10 2
   RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode ... Molaholic 03-02-10 3
       RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode ... PepeLePew13 03-04-10 4
           RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode ... PsychoKitty 03-04-10 5
 RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode ... featherfish81 03-04-10 6
 Louie on Desk Duty? Snidget 03-09-10 7
   RE: Louie on Desk Duty? qwertypie 03-14-10 8
   RE: Louie on Desk Duty? Estee 03-16-10 10
   RE: Louie on Desk Duty? kidflash212 04-14-10 19
       RE: Louie on Desk Duty? PepeLePew13 04-15-10 21
 RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode ... Earl Colby Pottinger 03-16-10 9
 The 'Karma' t-shirt. Estee 04-05-10 11
   RE: The 'Karma' t-shirt. LibraRising 04-05-10 12
       RE: The 'Karma' t-shirt. jbug 04-05-10 13
           RE: The 'Karma' t-shirt. LibraRising 04-05-10 14
               RE: The 'Karma' t-shirt. PsychoKitty 04-13-10 16
 They call it 'strategy'. Estee 04-12-10 15
   RE: They call it 'strategy'. kingfish 04-14-10 17
   RE: They call it 'strategy'. LibraRising 04-14-10 18
       RE: They call it 'strategy'. kidflash212 04-14-10 20
           RE: They call it 'strategy'. featherfish81 04-15-10 22
 Promotion standards. Estee 04-26-10 23
 RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode ... Estee 05-03-10 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-10, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode Island."
Yes, it was certainly amusing how Mike determined that they would go in a circle. 4 directions, various lengths (by paces) = circle. Got it.

And Louie has never gone on a search. So any time any kid or senior or mentally handicapped person ever went missing in their part of RI, Louie was never called in on the search in what 20? 30? years in law enforcment? Really? Apparently, he only served warrants.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-02-10, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode Island."
I can't imagine the welcome they will get back at the station when this race is over, they better not be up for a review for promotion, this show will kill any chances they had. Thank God.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-10, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode Island."
I can't imagine the welcome they will get back at the station when this race is over, they better not be up for a review for promotion, this show will kill any chances they had. Thank God.

Considering the fact that they've identified themselves as "undercover cops" they must be using fake faces. So their grid-search-pattern ineptitude will go unnoticed.

Seana did another one.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-10, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode Island."
They're so good at being undercover that the guys in their own station wouldn't be able to recognize them at all as legitimate cops.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-04-10, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode Island."
Hahahaha! Good one! ;)

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-04-10, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode Island."
At first, I thought they were being pretty clever with the directions. You can look at the directions and distances and add them up so that you only have to walk in one direction. But of course that's not what they did. It probably wouldn't have saved that much time, anyway.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-10, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Louie on Desk Duty?"
http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/09/amazing-race-louie-stravato-drug-investigation-cocaine-rhode-island-police/

According to the Rhode Island State Police, Louie Stravato has been put on "desk duty" -- after his name came up in a "four month" investigation into a "large-scale" cocaine distribution operation.

Three officers were arrested in a sting operation -- but Stravato was not among them.

According to law enforcement, Stravato was among 4 officers assigned to the desk work following the investigation. The RISP would not comment on the nature of Stravato's involvement in the case.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-10, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Louie on Desk Duty?"
I have a really good idea who was the anonymous tip

03-16-10, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Louie on Desk Duty?"
Gosh, why would someone need half a million dollars in a hurry?

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-14-10, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Louie on Desk Duty?"
I wonder if there is anything to be read into the fact he went back to work.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-10, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Louie on Desk Duty?"
Probably not. He probably needed to go back anyway as contestants wouldn't get paid until after the season has ended on TV and the cheques are given to them the day after the finale has aired. Gotta earn some money in the meantime.

(Not that I think he's winning this season anyway).

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-16-10, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode Island."
The last two races these two have been doing very good.

But on the other hand it does not seem to be well thought plans that got them ahead, but rather they are doing tasks in their comfort zone.

Once that tasks change in their nature (and they will) I expect to see these two go thru a melt down.

PS. If I am wrong, I will come back and admit it.

04-05-10, 00:05 AM (EST)
11. "The 'Karma' t-shirt."
'Come and get us, universe!'

...oh, wait. The universe already did. See what happens when you dare the universe?

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-05-10, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The 'Karma' t-shirt."
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-10 AT 11:09 AM (EST)

I think karma would be if the next roadblock was eat five bacon egg and cheese croissandwiches followed by 3 hours of shoveling snow.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-10, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The 'Karma' t-shirt."
I think karma would be if the next roadblock was eat five bacon egg and cheese croissandwiches a dozen glazed donuts followed by 3 hours of shoveling snow.

Fixed that to fit who these guys are

04-05-10, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The 'Karma' t-shirt."

That's some nice coconut-breaking, boys.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-13-10, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The 'Karma' t-shirt."
FABULOUS!!!!

04-12-10, 06:52 AM (EST)
15. "They call it 'strategy'."
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-10 AT 06:53 AM (EST)

Please explain to me how Dan & Jordan are greater threats in a F3 than Jet & Cord.

I'll wait.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: They call it 'strategy'."
Still waiting?

Want a donut?

04-14-10, 01:32 PM (EST)
18. "RE: They call it 'strategy'."
Because they're not "good family people" or whatever the code word has been this season?

I've not been following spoilers at all this season (I rarely do for TAR) but am hoping that the fact that they've twice articulated their preferred final 3 means that will NOT be the final 3, and that either them or Brent and Caite will be the 4th place finisher. There's usually one team in the final 3 whose win would make me retch, but I don't know if I could stand it if there were two out of three.

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-14-10, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: They call it 'strategy'."
Agree, I'm considering if I'd actually watch if they were both in the F3.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-15-10, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: They call it 'strategy'."
I would, if only to cheer really loudly for the third team.

04-26-10, 09:13 AM (EST)
23. "Promotion standards."
So based on the available evidence, what Rhode Island likes to see in its detective candidates is low intelligence, zero cultural sensitivity, a total lack of patience, obsession with hurting people and shooting everything in sight, plus total inability to recognize or solve a clue.

Also, the current year in Rhode Island? 1973.

05-03-10, 09:25 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Don't get pulled over in Rhode Island."
Oh, the deductive skills.

Oh, the trained observation ability.

Oh, the job opportunities that await them in Arizona.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •