The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ericka's Excuse"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-08-09, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ericka's Excuse"
It's someone else's fault that they lost. I guess she'll blame us for not buying the country album that she's working on.

However, they arrived at the last challenge — counting out $1 million dollars in poker chips — in second place. The episode showed the two other teams quickly advancing to the last phase, leaving Dunlap and Kleinschmidt to figure out where they went wrong.

Dunlap said on Monday that the counter who checked their work made a mistake that placed them third in the challenge and could have cost them the race.

“It’s easy for us to blame her and say it was her fault, but it really was,” Dunlap said. “She was organizing her chips once we laid them on the table, and she put one of the black $500 chips in the same pile in between the blue $100 chips. We were $400 off and it was something really crazy …. When she found out that she had done that, her face was so pale. Oh gosh, she really looked like she had seen a ghost. She looked over at the producers like, ‘What do I do? They were like, ‘Count it again guys.’ I was like, ‘You’re kidding me, right?

When the show aired, the part where Dunlap and Kleinschmidt completed the last task never aired. It is important to Dunlap that people know they did. “We are finishers and we finished that race completely,” she said.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091207/ENTERTAINMENT12/91207078/Ericka+Dunlap+says+counting+error+might+have+cost+her+‘Amazing+Race’+win

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ericka's Excuse jbug 12-08-09 1
 RE: Ericka's Excuse BrassFan 12-08-09 2
 RE: Ericka's Excuse kingfish 12-08-09 3
 RE: Ericka's Excuse Estee 12-08-09 4
   What? udg 12-08-09 6
       Never mind udg 12-08-09 7
           RE: Never mind kingfish 12-09-09 8
 RE: Ericka's Excuse mrc 12-08-09 5
 RE: Ericka's Excuse Colonel Zoidberg 12-10-09 9
   RE: Ericka's Excuse ARnutz 12-11-09 11
 RE: Ericka's Excuse byoffer 12-10-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-09, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ericka's Excuse"
wow

Santa is shakin! bobblin! Thanks Tribe!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-08-09, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ericka's Excuse"
That's an interesting read there. Kinda makes you wonder if it had any effect on the outcome.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-09, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ericka's Excuse"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-09 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

That’s too bad, you hate to see that kind of possible outcome altering mistake. Surely the producers have the contingency of a mistake being made by judges in one of their various challenges legally covered, but still, a bonus check would be appropriate if it wouldn't be a tacit admission that would put them at risk of a lawsuit.

The possibility that they lost first or second place due to a production mistake is kinda crappy.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-09, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ericka's Excuse"
Owsie.

If that's accurate, then the producers owe them something: we've got a Survivor: Africa-level mistake on our hands. Some sort of compensation will change hands, if only to ensure silence --

-- too late.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-08-09, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "What?"
OK, I'm a bad RTV fan. What happened in Survivor: Africa?

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-08-09, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Never mind"
Wikipedia knows everything.

"There was some controversy surrounding an immunity challenge in the final episode. In a "Fallen Comrades" challenge, in which the contestants were quizzed on trivia regarding players in the game who had been voted out, the final question was "Which female contestant has no piercings?" The official answer, given by Kim Johnson to earn the win, was Kelly Goldsmith. Lex van den Berghe answered the question with Lindsey Richter's name, who, unbeknownst to the producers, also had no piercings. After the producers were alerted to the mistake, both third place finisher van den Berghe and fourth place finisher Tom Buchanan were awarded the $100,000 runner-up prize instead of the traditional third and fourth place earnings."

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-09, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Never mind"
And both Tom and Lex's gut were invited to return for Allstars.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-09, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ericka's Excuse"
I'm shocked that anyone believes her.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-10-09, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ericka's Excuse"
Maybe it happened that way and maybe it didn't, but I'll just say this:

Meghan and Cheyne were going to win it at that point. The counter may have cost them second, but that's it.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-09, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ericka's Excuse"
Exactly.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ericka's Excuse"
I loathe Ericka greatly for her tantrums and awful attitude, so not much mercy from me. It's a little, but not too different than a taxi-driver getting lost or a car getting a flat tire. If they had been putting their poker chips on the table properly, then the counter wouldn't have had to restack.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •