The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-10-09, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-09 AT 01:42 AM (EST)

Previously on The Amazing Race we learned:
~You do not need to know how to count in order to win Miss America.
~Sam and Dan look cute wearing anything.
~The Globtrotters know how to groove.
~Gary and Matt must really dislike fish.
~The poker girls quit. No, wait! Er, they didn't quit (those tricky, tricky editors making Tiffany say, "We are quitting the race."). Well, it doesn't make much a difference because they are no longer in it.

On to tonight's show!

We start in the province of Groningen, which was the site of the last pit stop. Phil explains that the racers have no idea what is in store for them (what he means is that they have no idea they will have to do a despised road block that we have seen before).

Departure times:
Sam and Dan: 9:33 pm
Meghan and Cheyne: 9:48 pm
Globetrotters: 10:32 pm
Gary and Matt: 11:08 pm
Brian and Erika: 1:38 am

Teams must fly to Stokholm, Sweden. Then they must board a train and ferry to find the Tivoli Grona Lund amusement park. Once there, one team member gets to ride the Fritt Fall. It appears that this is one of those rides that threatens to make your bladder release and your stomach is in your throat for the rest of the day. During the ride, an arrow must be spotted which points to the next clue box.

En route to the airport:
~Sam and Dan bicker due to Sam's clear and precise directions. Please note: when someone is already mad, do not laugh at their frustration unless you want them to yell at you.
~For some reason Meghan finds going to Sweden amusing, to which Cheyne replies, "Sweet." (I like to think he said, "Swede.")
~We learn it is Flight Time's birthday and he wants his cake iced. He would also like to come in first place... so lets just take a detour through the red light district, that is sure to get us to the airport faster.
~Gary is the oldest racer left, but Matt doesn't think he seems old. Awww. Gary says that, "They are in it to win." That is just weird. Who competes in the Amazing Race to win?
~Brian brings up the clog incident (or the not reading incident?) for some reason. Beauty queen points out that they looked good in their costumes though. Well, that makes up for all of your complaining Brian and all TAR watchers had to endure. Brian is too good for Erika, too bad her mom doesn't realize that.

At the airport we learn there are two flight times (now that is shocking! There isn't just one flight ten hours from now that everyone will take?), 6:55 am or 9:25 am.
~Meghan makes the startling revelation that they need to get on the earlier flight. Whew, glad she has her wits about her.
~Sam and Dan see Meghan and Cheyne and are very happy about it!

Boarding the 6:55 flight are Meghan, Cheyne, Sam, Dan and Globetrotters (heh, they are really trotting the globe, aren't they?). The 9:25 flight consists of Gary, Matt, Brian and is graced with Erika's presence.

They then have to get tickets for the train.
~Meghan thinks shouting at Cheyne will make the machine go faster and the rest just seem confused.
~Even though Sam and Dan have been neck and neck with Meghan and Cheyne, they find their true competition to be the Globetrotters because they are the "other all male team and are athletic" (hmmm, so is Gary or Matt the female in disguise?).
~Flight Time and Big Easy just miss the first train.
~Gary and Matt miss the train that Brian and Erika get onto.

Aboard the ferry, Sam points out the crazy ride that he and Cheyne will ride. I wonder if Meghan will cry again since she isn't doing it?

Once on the ride they must look for an arrow which points in the direction of their next clue:
~Meghan reminds them to "keep the eyes peeled," in which she then points out where the eyes are. So, apparently they shouldn't keep their eyes closed the whole time? And thank goodness she shows them where eyes are because they might not know what they use to see. Sam and Cheyne work together and find the arrow relatively easily before the plunge. If Cheyne's hair wasn't sticking up before, it sure is now!
~Cue the music! Globetrotters have no option on who rides because Big Easy is too tall. I get the feeling from Flight Time's face during the "fall" part that he did not like the ride much.
~Brian is afraid of heights therefore Erika must do it. Well, at least she won't have to count anything. She does a little dance for finding the arrow and then her eyes practically pop out of her head on the descent.
~Matt thoroughly enjoys the ride and Gary is jealous.

After following the arrow, they will receive their next clue which informs them they must now play Roaming Gnome Ring Toss to find their next clue and the newest addition to their team until the next pit stop.
~Sam and Dan are good ring tossers!
~Once they find their gnome, Cheyne makes a pucker and yucky kissing noises at it. Way to welcome your new guest.
~Big Easy is much better at ring toss than the birthday boy is.
~Erika's true talent is ring tossing. Is that an allowed talent in pageants? She then becomes a gloating ring tosser and informs us of the year we are in. Thanks!
~Gary rings a gnome as a very confused child watches on. Not sure if she is confused about Matt's hair or just the whole commotion, but she is precious.

Next up: Detour! Teams must choose between Nobel dynamite (fill sand bags to create a bunker and set off an "enormous" explosion revealing a box with the next clue) and Viking alphabet (decode a message using the Viking alphabet that reads "the strong viking" in English and they will receive the next clue). All teams choose the former. Why read when you can blow stuff up? On the way to the dynamite site:
~Meghan manages to charm someone into showing them (including Sam and Dan) the way.
~The Globetrotters go through several "dumb" (Big Easy's words, not mine!) names for their gnome before settling on Harlem Gnome.
~Brian and Erika pay Weird Al to show them the way.
~Gary and Matt drive in circles for a while. Finally they ask for directions and make their way to the site.

At the dynamite site:
~The two leading teams are still putting on gear when the Globetrotters arrive. They are not pleased and a "gosh dang it" is thrown out. Thems be fighting words!
~The Trotters are taunted a bit and their feelings get hurt. Reaction? "We about to blow y'all up." Luckily everyone is wearing their safety gear, so it falls upon deaf ears.
~Sam and Dan devise a plan to use their hands instead of the shovels provided.
~The Trotters sing. At least it will kind of drown out my next point.
~Somehow Meghan thinks it will be more efficient to work on the same bag (i.e. Cheyne holds it open while she shovels... makes sense to me!) and we hear her whine about it for way too long. From this point, she will have a chip on her shoulder about his disagreement for the rest of this leg.
~Erika states that she can't even think about beauty now, she doesn't care if she is dirty or stinky, she just wants to win. Clearly having dirt under her nails is a new level that she just cannot bear with.

Sam and Dan complete the dynamite challenge first. They are supremely happy that they could feel and smell their explosion. We learn from the next clue teams will be heading to an infamous site: Bogs Gard Farm. We all know what is coming, even if the teams don't.
~The Trotters finish shortly after the brothers.
~Whiny and Cheyne finish and their short ride to the farm is filled with love and comfort.
~Once Brian and Erika complete the challenge he states that they must go fast. They proceed to walk very slowly.
~Finally, Gary and Matt explode their dynamite and head to the farm.

Once they arrive at the Bogs Gard they learn they must perform the switchback road block. They must search hay bales for one of seven race flags:
~Sam and Dan race to the clue box. It is always a good idea to waste some of your energy just before performing a task. But I enjoyed their childish side. Sam decides to do the road block and Dan yells at him for the majority of the time. Hey Dan? Sam and I have a message for you: "SHUT THE EFF UP!!!" I definitely would have taken the time to slap him by now.
~Cheyne decides not to make a decision, therefore Meghan does the hay challenge. She lets us know many times that this is the worst thing she has ever done. She then breaks down several times before finding a flag. She redeems herself a little with her cutsie little trick at the end (and her tripping in the ditch was funny, too).
~The Trotters arrive. Did you know it is Flight Time's birthday? Big Easy does the challenge. Cue the music!
~Brian decides to do the challenge and talks a little sense into Dan, the madman.
~Gary is superdad! He keeps his cool the entire time and we get an awesome shot of his work ethic through his son's stretched ear peircing... gross!

~Big Easy finds the first flag and they check in very happily. They won a trip to, uh, I don't know, but it looks nice. Flight Time got his cake iced after all.
~Meghan and Cheyne check in next and somehow Cheyne is happy she is his partner.
~Brian finds his flag next, which just isn't fair!
~Sam finally finds his flag and the brothers bond. Somehow Sam still has the energy to do a little jig before reaching the mat. Dan breaks down and they are just so adorable!
~Gary finds his flag after 2 hours and 45 minutes. Luckily, this is a non-elimination leg and they are still in the race! They skip away from the mat.

Next time on TAR:
~Poor Matt doesn't know what a candlabra is.
~Flight Time collides with one of the brothers on a narrow bridge (I think it is Sam since Dan is yelling at him to hurry).

Well, that's all folks! Hope you enjoyed my first ever summary (and if you didn't, please don't tell me).

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
I've been 'patched

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 " Seana 11-10-09 1
   RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 " sica077 11-10-09 2
       RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 " Seana 11-10-09 3
           RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 " sica077 11-11-09 5
 RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 " Molaholic 11-11-09 4
   RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 " sica077 11-11-09 6
 RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 " Max Headroom 11-11-09 7
 RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 " dajaki 11-11-09 8
 RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 " MissMyth 11-11-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-10-09, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
Wow, great first summary, sica!

I liked:

Gary says that, "They are in it to win." That is just weird. Who competes in the Amazing Race to win?

Brian and Erika pay Weird Al to show them the way.

and

She redeems herself a little with her cutsie little trick at the end (and her tripping in the ditch was funny, too).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-10-09, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
Thanks! I can see why no one would want to do all of the summaries... I spent way too much time rewinding and pausing this afternoon

I've been 'patched

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
Ha! Yeah, I've done that every season until now. The other VCR died, so instead of running up and down the stairs, I take as many notes as I feel like taking and then write mostly from memory.

11-11-09, 01:51 AM (EST)
5. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
We are addicted to our DVR so I probably had it a little easier than you with your VCR. He found it amusing that I watched TAR three times this week . I was taking notes at the beginning but halfway through I was still jotting down things from the first ten minutes!

I've been 'patched

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
WHOOP WHOOP!

Great job.

11-11-09, 01:54 AM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
Thanks! I was very stressed about writing it...

I've been 'patched

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
Nicely done. I'm far too illiterate lazy to write a summary myself, but I appreciate reading good ones.

agman 2009

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-11-09, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
Thanks sica! That was a "swede" summary! Sorry, my humor sucks before my first cup 'o joe in the morning. I particularly liked . . .

hmmm, so is Gary or Matt the female in disguise?

Erika's true talent is ring tossing. Is that an allowed talent in pageants?

Why read when you can blow stuff up?

And the answers are Matt and Yes and I don't know - I think I'll go blow stuff up.

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-11-09, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 7 ""
Good summary Sica. Thanks for this!

"(hmmm, so is Gary or Matt the female in disguise?)"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •