The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Official Summary Ep 4 "I Feel Like Ricky Bobby""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-21-09, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Official Summary Ep 4 "I Feel Like Ricky Bobby""
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-09 AT 08:59 PM (EST)

The Karma Show

Sam & Dan, winners of the last leg, leave Wat Phnom at 12:25PM and receive their clue which informs them to fly to the Persian Gulf and find the worlds tallest building. They grab a taxi and head to the airport where they figure they'll buy tickets to the Persian Gulf. I'd laugh at them but Sam is just too darn cute.

Globetrotters leave the Pit Stop and head for an internet cafe to find out where the worlds tallest building is and to book tickets. They attempt to get the viewers to feel sorry for them by mentioning they were in New Orleans during Katrina. Phil lets us know that the building in question is the Burj Dubai which is twice the height of the Empire State Building.

Brian & Ericka begin the leg with a confessional about tonight's theme about Karma. Mostly, I heard "Blah, blah blah, Big Game of Karma, blah, blah blah..". Ericka, it turns out actually knows that the worlds tallest building is in Dubai. They head to the airport with Gary & Matt and Meghan & Cheyne following close behind. At the airport, Ericka graciously informs the other teams that they have to head to Dubai. Karma, get it?

Lance & Keri are next to leave, we learn Lance won't back out of the wedding because they have put down too many non refundable deposits. Keri, unlike every other person watching, is amused by this - maybe they are meant for each other. They head to an internet cafe where they bicker over the computers connection speed.

Mika & Canaan begin the leg and upon reading the term "worlds tallest building", Mika starts getting nervous and we get some foreshadowing about her fear of heights. Obviously, Mika has never watched the Amazing Race before.

Tiffany & Maria are the last team to start this leg and every team winds up on the same flight through Bangkok. I sorta wanted some team to head to the Petronas Towers or the CN Tower but they all went to the right place.

Upon getting to Dubai, all teams head for a fountain near the Address Hotel where they sign in. Maria & Tiffany arrive first (how did that happen?!?), followed by Brian & Ericka,Sam & Dan, and Meghan & Cheyne. They will be the first group to go up in the tower. Meanwhile, Mika & Canaan's cab driver is lost an dneeds to ask directions. Canaan decides to call him an idiot. Hmmmm, isn't Canaan the one who calls himself a devout Christian? Becasue I'm sure that's how Jesus would handle it.

Mika & Canaan, Lance & Keri, Nathaniel & Herbert and Matt & Gary arrive in that order and make up the second group. Mika is getting queasy because she's afraid they'll have to jump off the Burj Dubai. First group goes up, and all they have to do is grab a clue. I was hoping for some base jumping but all the clue says is to find the marked cars on the second parking level of the Dubai Mall and drive themselves to Dubai's Conservation Reserve. There is also a Fast Forward, which Megahn & Cheyne decide to go for. On the way down they lamely try to psyche out the second group by saying how scary it was. Only Mika falls for it.

The Fast Forward says to find The Dubai Autodrome (The city of Dubai seems to have Trump syndrome, everything must be named after itself, The Burj Dubai, The Dubai Conservation Reserve, the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Autodrome, etc) and one team member must complete a lap in a F3 open wheel racer in 45 seconds or less. That's it. Not even both team members have to participate in this one.

The second group goes up and finds out they don't have to jump off the building to which Mika says "This is the happiest I've felt in forever!". Since she is marrying Canaan, it is probably the happiest she will ever be.

Most of the second group head one way to find the marked cars but Lance & Keri think they are smarter than the other teams and go in the opposite direction. Of course, it turns out they are wrong and they are not very smart at all. Which leaves Lance begging God for help to find the car. When they finally find the marked after every other team has left, Keri attempts to ask for directions from a local and Lance tells her, "Don't". I guess because he is such a master at finding his way in foreign countries. They head out and get lost.

At the Fast Forward, Cheyne finds a helmet that will fit over his hair - about the only challenging thing about this Fast Forward. There is also some babbling about Meghan being a control freak.

Brian & Ericka, Maria & Tiffany and Sam & Dan arrive together at the Dubai Conservation Reserve, where as far as I can tell they conserve sand. Lots and lots of sand. Drivers take them to the Roadblock where one team member must seek out water and fill up a bag to get their next clue.

Mika & Canaan are driving around lost thinking they are in last place, prompting Mika to say "You never know - some other team might be having the same trouble we're having." - cut to Lance & Keri who are, you guessed it - lost.

Brian, Dan & Tiffany are looking for water in the scorching heat and not having much luck. Lots of empty urns and complaining about the heat while Flight Time & Big Easy arrive followed shortly by Matt & Gary. Big Easy and Matt begin the Roadblock. Big Easy brings up New Orleans again - YAWN. Brian finds water first and fills his bag. On the way back he lets Tiffany and Dan know where to find the water. Karma, get it?
Brian & Ericka receive their next clue which tells them to make their way to Ski Dubai (you knew it had to have the word Dubai in the name didn't you?).

Lance & Keri are still lost.

At the Dubai Autodrome, Cheyne is easily finishing the task while Meghan stands on the sidelines and cries. Don't ask me why she is crying but she is. Cheyne completes the lap, makes a Will Ferrell reference (proving he has bad taste in movies)and head to the Pit Stop, Souk Madinal, Jumeirah in a Masserati.

Tiffany and Dan find the water but Dan breaks the handle off his ladle (no, that's not code, it really happened). Tiffany gets in on the good Karma theme by lending Dan her ladle. Not to be outdone in the Karma department, Brian stops his car to give Mika & Canaan directions to the Roadblock. After completing the Roadblock, Maria & Tiffany drive over a metal rod and bust the radiator on their car. Maria makes a really dumb statement about having an excuse being an Asian woman. Nice way to fight negative stereotypes. Sam & Dan feel bad and decide to wait for Maria & Tiff's new car to arrive. I don't know if that would be considered Karma points or Stupidity points. I'll give them the Karma points - Sam is just so cute. The replacement car arrives pretty quickly and they head off to Ski Dubai. Matt works quickly and catches up to them. Big CrybabyEasy is still looking and moaning about New Orleans. Eventually he finds water and finishes. Mika & Canaan make it to the Conservation Reserve.

Lance & Keri are still lost.And bickering.

Meghan & Cheyne arrive first at the Pit Stop and win a trip to Jamaica.

Gary & Matt somehow arrive at Ski Dubai first for the Detour - Build a Snowman or Find a Snowman. Ignoring all past history of search tasks they pick Find a Snowman. The Three Muskateams (Brian & Ericka, Sam & Dan, Maria & Tiffany) get to Ski Dubai together and also pick Find a Snowman. Gary hopes the tiny snowman isn't white - I guess snowmen in Montana are chartreuse or fuscia.

Lance & Keri finally get to the Roadblock just as Canaan is finishing. Lance takes his anger out on some empty urns. Mika drives and is amazed how going 110 feels like going 60. Canaan points out that 110 KPH is about 60 MPH. Mika is not too bright and she is not cute like Sam.

Flight Time & Big CrybabyEasy arrive at Ski Dubai and choose Find. The Three Muskateams are working together on one mountain of snow and Miss America finds a snowman. She shows it to her alliance mates for an extra half point of Karma and heads to the Pit Stop.

Lance has finally finished the Roadblock. He sarcastically tells the guy collecting the water to "have a nice life". Lance is seriously lacking any good Karma. Lance & Keri drive back and get lost again.

Meanwhile, Maria & Tiffany and Gary & Matt have aborted searching for a tiny white snowman in a large pile of snow and head to Build a Snowman. Dan thinks they should switch tasks too but Sam doesn't want to give up. Sam is so cute. Eventually, Sam is convinced to go to Build and as soon as they leave the Globetrotters find a snowman. The teams who changed detours get their snowmen built and get their clues. The lady judge was pretty lenient.

As the Globetrotters leave, Mika & Canaan show up. Proving Karma is contagious, they tell Mika & Canaan to bring warm clothes.

They arrive at the Pit Stop in this order:

1) Meghan & Cheyne
2) Brian & Ericka
3) Nathaniel & Herbert
4) Matt & Gary
5) Sam & Dan
6) Maria & Tiffany

Mika & Canaan choose build and finish before Lance & Keri arrive. Lance & Keri also build a snowman and Lance wants to kick the snowman. I guess he saw the handwriting on the wall and knew his kickboxing days on TV were over and wanted to get a final kick in. Mika & Canaan get seventh place and Lance & Keri get eliminated.
And a chorus of TV Viewers sing joyfully "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!"

Next Week: Mika freaks out over a water slide and Canaan tries to resolve her fear of heights by freaking out even more and throwing her down the water slide.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 4 "I Fe... Starshine 10-22-09 1
 RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 4 "I Fe... Belle Book 10-22-09 2
 RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 4 "I Fe... dajaki 10-22-09 3
 RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 4 "I Fe... Seana 10-23-09 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-22-09, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 4 "I Feel Like Ricky Bobby""
What? No mention of last weeks summary

A great job Kidflash, thanks for a more enjoyable read than watch.

But what do you really think of Sam?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-22-09, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 4 "I Feel Like Ricky Bobby""
I know I was singing "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!" when Lance & Keri were Philiminated! Great summary!

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-22-09, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 4 "I Feel Like Ricky Bobby""
Thanks kidflash!

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-09, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Official Summary Ep 4 "I Feel Like Ricky Bobby""
Thanks, kidflash! So how did you enjoy your first time?

I liked:

the references to how cute Sam is

They grab a taxi and head to the airport where they figure they'll buy tickets to the Persian Gulf. I'd laugh at them but Sam is just too darn cute.

and

Ignoring all past history of search tasks they pick Find a Snowman.

Sig by agman, bouncy by IceCat

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •