The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My taxi driver does not know..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-09, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"My taxi driver does not know..."
where to go so I'm going to call the police! because this is worth a million dollars to us and the person our taxi driver is calling is not a concierge.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My taxi driver does not know... vince3 05-11-09 1
 RE: My taxi driver does not know... Estee 05-11-09 2
   RE: My taxi driver does not know... Molaholic 05-11-09 3
       RE: My taxi driver does not know... Estee 05-11-09 4
           RE: My taxi driver does not know... JessicaRN 05-11-09 5
               RE: My taxi driver does not know... mindy23 05-11-09 6
                   RE: My taxi driver does not know... vince3 05-11-09 7
                       RE: My taxi driver does not know... MaryKat 05-11-09 8
                           RE: My taxi driver does not know... Wiggle 05-11-09 9
                           RE: My taxi driver does not know... HobbsofMI 05-11-09 10
                               RE: My taxi driver does not know... dajaki 05-11-09 11
       RE: My taxi driver does not know... Karchita 05-12-09 12
           RE: My taxi driver does not know... JessicaRN 05-12-09 14
 Speaking of taxi's true 05-12-09 13
   RE: Speaking of taxi's samboohoo 05-12-09 15
       RE: Speaking of taxi's Starshine 05-12-09 16
           RE: Speaking of taxi's HobbsofMI 05-12-09 17
               RE: Speaking of taxi's true 05-12-09 18
                   RE: Speaking of taxi's Keyser 05-12-09 19
                       RE: Speaking of taxi's Max Headroom 05-12-09 20
           RE: Speaking of taxi's ARnutz 05-12-09 22
       RE: Speaking of taxi's mrc 05-12-09 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
I'm surprised they didn't yell the infamous, "We're in a RACE FOR A MILLION DOLLARS!" to that person on the other end of the line, and threaten to say that if they refuse to help them that they owe them that million since they cost them the Race.........
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
Have you ever been to Manhattan? Just because you're paying a taxi driver money, it doesn't mean s/he has an obligation to take you where you wanted to go. It just means you have to give them money. And more money. Some more money now would be nice. Meter's running!

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

Have you ever been to Manhattan?

But, dude, this was Maui. Kick back and chill, ya know?

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
All the truly great cabbies serve an apprenticeship in Manhattan. It's where they learn not to speak English.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-11-09, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
The fact that it was Hawaii meant that if the driver would have pulled over and put them out, there would not have been another taxi drive coming by for them to abuse.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-11-09, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
What I don't get is WHY the taxi driver didn't know where the place was?? Don't they get paid for that information??? And in the meantime, the meter is running, and he's reading maps, calling his boss, getting gas, etc, etc.....I would have been PI$$ED, too!!!

Maui is NOT freaking Idaho-it's a fairly small island!

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
I think nowadays the meters in taxis are based on miles driven, so if he's stopped and trying to get directions, it's only a time waster. If he's driving around lost, however........

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-09, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
It would have been funny if they had to go to Manhatten. They could have been in the US and had a taxi driver who could not speak English or not known where he was going.

Wiggle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-09, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wiggle Click to send private message to Wiggle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
Well, I work in downtown Portland, Or, and I took a cab for work one time and my driver didn't know how to get to perhaps Portland's central location, Pioneer Square - maybe 10 blocks away in a city with a very small downtown. I was pretty annoyed and (a) it was during work and paid by work and (b) I wasn't in the chance of making $1 million.

I think there are certain expectations of cab drivers - know the immediate downtown/how to at least approach a neighborhood from the airport/how to say "Where's that," and get directions.

Oh wait, maybe that's the problem -- most taxi drivers are men and are thus genetically incapable of asking for directions?

Perhaps we need a new Amazing Race boards category: "Male pattern can't ask for directions-ness"?

05-11-09, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
Funnier yet would be they are in Manhatten and jump into the Cash Cab!!!

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-11-09, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
Going double or nothing on the video bonus question: What is the two word term that describes the type of individual seen here? (montage of Jaime screaming at local inhabitants of various cities around the world)

Answer: Ugly American (Jaime wouldn't have known the answer and left the Cash Cab with $0.)

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-12-09, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
My two cents:

The Hana Road is a major tourist attraction. I have only been to Maui three or four times, and I know where the Hana Road is. The clue said Hana Road. I don't understand what the problem was with driving down the Hana Road unless the not-so-cheerful leaders either didn't read the clue or show it to the driver, or for some reason they were overruling just heading down the Hana Road.

I only lived in Hawaii for a couple of years, but this I know: pushy + white + female = not exactly a lot of cooperation from locals.

Don't ask me how I know about that pushy part.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-09, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: My taxi driver does not know..."
Plus, from what I remember of the Hana Road, once you were on the road, there was not going to be any speeding or passing each other. When they got on the road, they were pretty much going to finish in that order, leading to kind of an anti-climatic finish.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Speaking of taxi's"
TAR's biggest flaw is the final leg coming down to who has the best taxi driver. They should just change the name of the show to The Amazing Taxi Race. UGH. The show has contestants driving around foreign countries, why can't they drive themselves in the final leg!? Patooey.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Speaking of taxi's"
I agree. And for some reason, this year it seemed they were in taxis a lot. A whole lot.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-12-09, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Speaking of taxi's"
In some countries driving could be dangerous, I wouldn't drive in Romania for example, however driving in Hawaii should be OK.

J Slice what a cool lady

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

05-12-09, 02:14 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Speaking of taxi's"
Yep, but if I was driving myself and was behind or just in front the chances of speeding, driving crazy, being very frazzled, etc.: 100%.

Thus why I don't see them letting them drive the last leg.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Speaking of taxi's"
I don't buy that excuse. Every leg is potentially for the million, and from what I've seen over the years, each leg is equally frazzling. I'm sure there are stiff penalties for breaking the law, and since TAR has been following the rules like sticklers lately, there is no reason why they could not drive themselves in the final leg.

Keyser 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-09, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Keyser Click to send private message to Keyser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Speaking of taxi's"
Can you imagine running up to the mat, all of the other teams cheering, and then Phil saying at the final mat the following?

"After 5 continents, 15 countries, and 10,000 miles (Im just making up numbers), you are the first team to arrive .... however, you have incurred a 30 minute penalty for speeding. Please wait out your penalty over there and afterwards I can check you in"

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Speaking of taxi's"
I could see that happening to Mark & Michael.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Speaking of taxi's"
This is true, but the finish line is always somewhere in the US, so I don't see why they can't drive during the final leg. Maybe it is just for the fact that there are speeding penalties. *shrug*

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Speaking of taxi's"
I didn't realize it until you wrote it, but you're right: why the heck did they not drive themselves more this season?

A Slice of Manga

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •