The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I don't get it."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-09, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I don't get it."
Those of you who know me might be saying, "So what's new and different about that, Max?" But I don't understand why the teams had such a hard time with the synchronized diving.

All you'd have to do with your teammate is walk to the end of the board, count to 3 together, then step off the board at the same time. While it might take a handful of tries to get the timing exactly right, it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult overall. Jumping, bouncing, boinging around-- don't do it! Just step off the board.

You'd think two Harvard lawyers could've figured that out...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I don't get it. Breezy 04-27-09 1
 RE: I don't get it. jbug 04-27-09 2
 RE: I don't get it. maroonclowns mom 04-27-09 3
   RE: I don't get it. mindy23 04-27-09 4
 RE: I don't get it. kingfish 04-27-09 5
   RE: I don't get it. Breezy 04-27-09 6
       RE: I don't get it. HobbsofMI 04-27-09 10
           RE: I don't get it. Breezy 04-27-09 12
               RE: I don't get it. HobbsofMI 04-27-09 13
 RE: I don't get it. mrc 04-27-09 7
   RE: I don't get it. HobbsofMI 04-27-09 9
       RE: I don't get it. Max Headroom 04-28-09 14
 RE: I don't get it. samboohoo 04-27-09 8
 RE: I don't get it. skeetergirl87 04-27-09 11
 RE: I don't get it. Scuba Steve 04-28-09 15
   RE: I don't get it. Belle Book 04-28-09 16
       RE: I don't get it. samboohoo 04-29-09 17
           RE: I don't get it. Belle Book 04-29-09 18
           RE: I don't get it. featherfish81 04-29-09 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-09, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I don't get it."
It had to be in the rules(no talking). It just doesn't make any sense otherwise.

My Personal 3Day Page

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-09, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I don't get it."
Not sure but I seem to recall the instructions saying something about bouncing on the board.
And? Vic & Tammy didn't seem to know what they were doing wrong. Apparently they haven't watched much sync diving - didn't know they were both supposed to hit the water at the same time.

Kiesha & Jen? would still be there today if they had stuck with that one. LOL

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-27-09, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I don't get it."

I`m with you Max, I was screaming "1,2,3 jump"

agman

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-27-09, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I don't get it."
Hubby and I were doing the same thing: "1, 2, 3, JUMP!!!, DUMMIES"!!! I dunno.......

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-09, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I don't get it."
They actually did speak to each other while on the board. Both team did.

So it is a mystery to me too why they couldn't do such a simple thing as coordinate their jump. Keisha and Jen had the obstacle of Jen's phobias, but Victor and Tammy?

That other diver was jumping fool though, wasn't she. No fear on the high board there.

04-27-09, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I don't get it."
Clarification: No verbal syncing allowed.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-09, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I don't get it."
Where did you hear this? I went back and played it 3 times as they were reading and did not hear it or that you had to bounce thus why I would have just walked off.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

04-27-09, 03:00 PM (EST)
12. "RE: I don't get it."
*points up* I said maybe it was a rule. Didn't say I heard it.

04-27-09, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I don't get it."
Ahhhhh... I'm just breaking all the rules and not reading too today.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-09, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I don't get it."
I think Tammy's lack of physical talent for bouncing was obvious.

A Slice of Manga

04-27-09, 02:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: I don't get it."
Are you saying she has small oobies?

*runs*

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-09, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I don't get it."
Well, Jaime probably would've had more success.

rocked out by agman

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-09, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I don't get it."
I don't think they were allowed to talk. They could have done hand signals. Perhaps I'm underthinking it or they were overthinking it, I'm not sure. I just know I would have done the other one.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-09, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I don't get it."
I'm not going to go back and rewatch it to see if I'm right, but I think the clue said to watch the "professionals" to see how to do it or something like that. The example showed them bouncing up and down on the end of the board once and then into the water. That's what makes it so difficult - timing that extra bounce. It's probably kind of a physics thing based on each divers weight, how hard they jump each time, etc. So, it wasn't nearly as easy as it looked.

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-28-09, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I don't get it."
What I don't get is why they chose to do "Sync" in the first place. Out of the two choices, that one looked to be much harder. Even pros aren't often in sync with each other. If you could wear a life jacket for the "Swim" task, why not go for that?

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-28-09, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I don't get it."
Yeah, that's why I would've gone for Swim. For one thing, I'm a pretty good swimmer -- although I've never swam that far -- for another, I'd probably have a pretty hard time synchronizing my timing with that of my partner. So I would've taken one look at the clue and as soon as I saw that Sink involved synchronized diving, I'd say "Let's go for Swim." And finally, I watch some of the swimming and diving events at the Olympics -- although I prefer women's gymnastics -- so I have some idea of how hard it would be to synchronize my diving with my partner. Heck, it's probably hard for pros to do it, so I can sure imagine how hard it would be for someone who's not trained at it to synchronize the timing with a partner.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I don't get it."
Agree. And if I were afraid of water, I certainly wouldn't perform a task with "sink" in it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-29-09, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I don't get it."
Unfortunately, I don't think LaKisha & Jen had much of a choice. They had to do a water-based task, either way. I really felt for Jen there.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-29-09, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I don't get it."
Right. Or one that involved jumping 10 feet into water without a life vest versus one where you could wear a life vest.

But then, I hate that feeling of falling, so I would have definitely chosen swim.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •