URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1695
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I don't get it."

Posted by Max Headroom on 04-27-09 at 08:22 AM
Those of you who know me might be saying, "So what's new and different about that, Max?" But I don't understand why the teams had such a hard time with the synchronized diving.

All you'd have to do with your teammate is walk to the end of the board, count to 3 together, then step off the board at the same time. While it might take a handful of tries to get the timing exactly right, it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult overall. Jumping, bouncing, boinging around-- don't do it! Just step off the board.

You'd think two Harvard lawyers could've figured that out...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I don't get it."
Posted by Breezy on 04-27-09 at 08:25 AM
It had to be in the rules(no talking). It just doesn't make any sense otherwise.

My Personal 3Day Page

Posted by jbug on 04-27-09 at 08:26 AM
Not sure but I seem to recall the instructions saying something about bouncing on the board.
And? Vic & Tammy didn't seem to know what they were doing wrong. Apparently they haven't watched much sync diving - didn't know they were both supposed to hit the water at the same time.

Kiesha & Jen? would still be there today if they had stuck with that one. LOL

Posted by maroonclowns mom on 04-27-09 at 08:36 AM

I`m with you Max, I was screaming "1,2,3 jump"

agman

Posted by mindy23 on 04-27-09 at 08:50 AM
Hubby and I were doing the same thing: "1, 2, 3, JUMP!!!, DUMMIES"!!! I dunno.......

Posted by kingfish on 04-27-09 at 09:26 AM
They actually did speak to each other while on the board. Both team did.

So it is a mystery to me too why they couldn't do such a simple thing as coordinate their jump. Keisha and Jen had the obstacle of Jen's phobias, but Victor and Tammy?

That other diver was jumping fool though, wasn't she. No fear on the high board there.

Posted by Breezy on 04-27-09 at 09:29 AM
Clarification: No verbal syncing allowed.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 04-27-09 at 02:10 PM
Where did you hear this? I went back and played it 3 times as they were reading and did not hear it or that you had to bounce thus why I would have just walked off.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Posted by Breezy on 04-27-09 at 03:00 PM
*points up* I said maybe it was a rule. Didn't say I heard it.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 04-27-09 at 05:20 PM
Ahhhhh... I'm just breaking all the rules and not reading too today.

Posted by mrc on 04-27-09 at 10:02 AM
I think Tammy's lack of physical talent for bouncing was obvious.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by HobbsofMI on 04-27-09 at 02:09 PM
Are you saying she has small oobies?

*runs*

Posted by Max Headroom on 04-28-09 at 08:04 AM
Well, Jaime probably would've had more success.

rocked out by agman

Posted by samboohoo on 04-27-09 at 01:44 PM
I don't think they were allowed to talk. They could have done hand signals. Perhaps I'm underthinking it or they were overthinking it, I'm not sure. I just know I would have done the other one.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by skeetergirl87 on 04-27-09 at 02:51 PM
I'm not going to go back and rewatch it to see if I'm right, but I think the clue said to watch the "professionals" to see how to do it or something like that. The example showed them bouncing up and down on the end of the board once and then into the water. That's what makes it so difficult - timing that extra bounce. It's probably kind of a physics thing based on each divers weight, how hard they jump each time, etc. So, it wasn't nearly as easy as it looked.

Posted by Scuba Steve on 04-28-09 at 04:24 PM
What I don't get is why they chose to do "Sync" in the first place. Out of the two choices, that one looked to be much harder. Even pros aren't often in sync with each other. If you could wear a life jacket for the "Swim" task, why not go for that?

Posted by Belle Book on 04-28-09 at 06:38 PM
Yeah, that's why I would've gone for Swim. For one thing, I'm a pretty good swimmer -- although I've never swam that far -- for another, I'd probably have a pretty hard time synchronizing my timing with that of my partner. So I would've taken one look at the clue and as soon as I saw that Sink involved synchronized diving, I'd say "Let's go for Swim." And finally, I watch some of the swimming and diving events at the Olympics -- although I prefer women's gymnastics -- so I have some idea of how hard it would be to synchronize my diving with my partner. Heck, it's probably hard for pros to do it, so I can sure imagine how hard it would be for someone who's not trained at it to synchronize the timing with a partner.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-29-09 at 07:57 AM
Agree. And if I were afraid of water, I certainly wouldn't perform a task with "sink" in it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Belle Book on 04-29-09 at 04:15 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think LaKisha & Jen had much of a choice. They had to do a water-based task, either way. I really felt for Jen there.

Posted by featherfish81 on 04-29-09 at 06:24 PM
Right. Or one that involved jumping 10 feet into water without a life vest versus one where you could wear a life vest.

But then, I hate that feeling of falling, so I would have definitely chosen swim.