The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Problem with the finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-07-07, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Problem with the finale"
I have a problem with the last task in the finale. One player had to answer questions and then the other player had to match their answers to get the combination to the safe to get the next clue.

Eric and Danielle were the only team to get that task done. They stopped the other teams after 10 minutes of trying, and let them continue to the final destination I guess to make it a closer race at the end.

If Eric and Dani would have gotten stuck in traffic going to the final destination and another team passed them to win that would have not been fair.

The other teams should have had to stay at the US Mint until they either got the combination right or someone won the race.

"A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners" - Martin, First loser on The Apprentice LA

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Problem with the finale dabo 05-07-07 1
 RE: Problem with the finale trigirl 05-07-07 2
   RE: Problem with the finale dabo 05-07-07 3
 RE: Problem with the finale Max Headroom 05-07-07 4
   RE: Problem with the finale Cygnus X1 05-10-07 9
 RE: Problem with the finale Cyndimaus 05-07-07 5
 RE: Problem with the finale Ontheroadagain 05-08-07 6
   RE: Problem with the finale udg 05-08-07 7
       RE: Problem with the finale Ricky 05-10-07 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-07, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Problem with the finale"
Yeah, but those were family feud questions and they probably had to get out of the garden before tourists started showing up. Such a shame they couldn't end at Alcatraz.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-07-07, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Problem with the finale"
I would have been really unhappy if it had just been another 'who's got the best taxi driver' finale. At least they had to work for it. Eric knows this better than anyone...he lost his amazing race because of the flag task.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Problem with the finale"
Having a vapid partner whose mind he could clutter up with his own nonsense really worked out well, ya gotta admit.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Problem with the finale"
And how about the forced bunch point on the flight to San Francisco? Making the teams go to Oakland had to limit those flight choices to exactly one, no?

Allowing the teams the choice to fly anywhere in the Bay area would have allowed the Schmirnas to work their flight magic one more time. Maybe Air Armenia had a nonstop flight to SFO that arrived 45 minutes ahead of the flight to Oakland?

But wasn't that finish exciting???

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Problem with the finale"
That would have been a good question to ask the F3s: Did they HAVE to go to OAK? Maybe that's where the earliest flights got in.

Assuming the Bay Bridge is running OK (and that's a BIG assumption, especially in light of recent events), I would think OAK is closer to downtown SF than SFO. I defer to a Bay Area local to correct me if I'm wrong.

"Air Armenia" . . . *snerk*. And I was amused by Mirna asking about Southwest. It codeshares with ATA (which all three teams wound up using), but Southwest as such has never flown to Hawaii.

You've been warned, so don't complain.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-07-07, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Problem with the finale"
Yeah, it was lame. But I was still hoping Eric and Danielle would get stuck longer in traffic and another team would win.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Ontheroadagain 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-08-07, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontheroadagain Click to send private message to Ontheroadagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Problem with the finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-07 AT 07:05 PM (EST)

I think it would have be fairer that after 10 minutes, the safe told you which numbers were correct and which were wrong. So you would have to still solve it but it might take a couple of mintues. Say you had 2 of the numbers correct, you could cycle through the teams until you found right team for the first wrong number, then work on the other wrong number.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-08-07, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Problem with the finale"
I like that! Plus, the potential for, "She picked WHICH team?!"

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-10-07, 03:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Problem with the finale"
I agree that the safe telling them which numbers they had correct. That would've been a good compromise since there are thousands on 4 digit combinations, and if they were only off by one number they wouldn't have known it.

Also, I can't remember were they allowed to pick the same team more than once in their answers ?

"A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners" - Martin, First loser on The Apprentice LA

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •