URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1536
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Problem with the finale"

Posted by Ricky on 05-07-07 at 01:11 PM
I have a problem with the last task in the finale. One player had to answer questions and then the other player had to match their answers to get the combination to the safe to get the next clue.

Eric and Danielle were the only team to get that task done. They stopped the other teams after 10 minutes of trying, and let them continue to the final destination I guess to make it a closer race at the end.

If Eric and Dani would have gotten stuck in traffic going to the final destination and another team passed them to win that would have not been fair.

The other teams should have had to stay at the US Mint until they either got the combination right or someone won the race.

"A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners" - Martin, First loser on The Apprentice LA

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Problem with the finale"
Posted by dabo on 05-07-07 at 01:21 PM
Yeah, but those were family feud questions and they probably had to get out of the garden before tourists started showing up. Such a shame they couldn't end at Alcatraz.

Posted by trigirl on 05-07-07 at 02:34 PM
I would have been really unhappy if it had just been another 'who's got the best taxi driver' finale. At least they had to work for it. Eric knows this better than anyone...he lost his amazing race because of the flag task.

Posted by dabo on 05-07-07 at 02:47 PM
Having a vapid partner whose mind he could clutter up with his own nonsense really worked out well, ya gotta admit.

Posted by Max Headroom on 05-07-07 at 04:31 PM
And how about the forced bunch point on the flight to San Francisco? Making the teams go to Oakland had to limit those flight choices to exactly one, no?

Allowing the teams the choice to fly anywhere in the Bay area would have allowed the Schmirnas to work their flight magic one more time. Maybe Air Armenia had a nonstop flight to SFO that arrived 45 minutes ahead of the flight to Oakland?

But wasn't that finish exciting???

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 05-10-07 at 09:57 AM
That would have been a good question to ask the F3s: Did they HAVE to go to OAK? Maybe that's where the earliest flights got in.

Assuming the Bay Bridge is running OK (and that's a BIG assumption, especially in light of recent events), I would think OAK is closer to downtown SF than SFO. I defer to a Bay Area local to correct me if I'm wrong.

"Air Armenia" . . . *snerk*. And I was amused by Mirna asking about Southwest. It codeshares with ATA (which all three teams wound up using), but Southwest as such has never flown to Hawaii.

You've been warned, so don't complain.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 05-07-07 at 05:17 PM
Yeah, it was lame. But I was still hoping Eric and Danielle would get stuck longer in traffic and another team would win.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Posted by Ontheroadagain on 05-08-07 at 07:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-07 AT 07:05 PM (EST)

I think it would have be fairer that after 10 minutes, the safe told you which numbers were correct and which were wrong. So you would have to still solve it but it might take a couple of mintues. Say you had 2 of the numbers correct, you could cycle through the teams until you found right team for the first wrong number, then work on the other wrong number.

Posted by udg on 05-08-07 at 07:08 PM
I like that! Plus, the potential for, "She picked WHICH team?!"

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Ricky on 05-10-07 at 03:33 AM
I agree that the safe telling them which numbers they had correct. That would've been a good compromise since there are thousands on 4 digit combinations, and if they were only off by one number they wouldn't have known it.

Also, I can't remember were they allowed to pick the same team more than once in their answers ?

"A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners" - Martin, First loser on The Apprentice LA