The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"South and North - how confused can you get?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-20-07, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"South and North - how confused can you get?"
OK - Quito is in the central northern part of Ecuador. Cotopaxi Park is about 50 miles due south from the city. The teams were given a map on how to get there. There was an emphasis on entering the park on the north end. To get to the north end you drive south out of Quito. The first part of the park you will come to as you drive south is the north part. However, if you keep driving (at least another hour it would seem from comments Sunday night) you'll eventually come to the south end of the park. Of course, to do so you would have had to pass by in the proximity of the north end of the park.

How can any of these teams be called an All-Star team if they don't know north from south? I understand they were traveling in the southern hemisphere (barely), but north and south don't change down there.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: South and North - how confused ... nailbone 02-20-07 1
 RE: South and North - how confused ... Cyndimaus 02-20-07 2
 RE: South and North - how confused ... nailbone 02-20-07 3
 RE: South and North - how confused ... Seana 02-20-07 4
 RE: South and North - how confused ... Max Headroom 02-20-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-20-07, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: South and North - how confused can you get?"
Dood! They couldn't even figure out that they were in Ecuador, not Peru.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-20-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: South and North - how confused can you get?"
I understand they were traveling in the southern hemisphere (barely), but north and south don't change down there.

Maybe they do and nobody told us.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: South and North - how confused can you get?"
I got it!!! Don't the toilets flush in reverse down there? Maybe that confused them.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: South and North - how confused can you get?"
Yes. For heaven's sake. People who have been on the show before are making the same mistakes as if they'd never done the show at all.

I can't believe they were given a map that only some of them read. I can't believe that anyone would be given a map and then still ask a local to take them.

One assumes that this map was not just a piece of paper, blank except for an arrow marked "You are here" and an X where the park is.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: South and North - how confused can you get?"
Map-reading abilities are right up there with driving a manual transmission as prerequisites for TAR contestants. How could so many "all-star" teams screw up reading a map??

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •