URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1468
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"South and North - how confused can you get?"

Posted by sittem on 02-20-07 at 11:06 AM
OK - Quito is in the central northern part of Ecuador. Cotopaxi Park is about 50 miles due south from the city. The teams were given a map on how to get there. There was an emphasis on entering the park on the north end. To get to the north end you drive south out of Quito. The first part of the park you will come to as you drive south is the north part. However, if you keep driving (at least another hour it would seem from comments Sunday night) you'll eventually come to the south end of the park. Of course, to do so you would have had to pass by in the proximity of the north end of the park.

How can any of these teams be called an All-Star team if they don't know north from south? I understand they were traveling in the southern hemisphere (barely), but north and south don't change down there.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: South and North - how confused can you get?"
Posted by nailbone on 02-20-07 at 11:13 AM
Dood! They couldn't even figure out that they were in Ecuador, not Peru.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 02-20-07 at 11:22 AM
I understand they were traveling in the southern hemisphere (barely), but north and south don't change down there.

Maybe they do and nobody told us.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Posted by nailbone on 02-20-07 at 11:48 AM
I got it!!! Don't the toilets flush in reverse down there? Maybe that confused them.

Posted by Seana on 02-20-07 at 12:20 PM
Yes. For heaven's sake. People who have been on the show before are making the same mistakes as if they'd never done the show at all.

I can't believe they were given a map that only some of them read. I can't believe that anyone would be given a map and then still ask a local to take them.

One assumes that this map was not just a piece of paper, blank except for an arrow marked "You are here" and an X where the park is.

Posted by Max Headroom on 02-20-07 at 12:25 PM
Map-reading abilities are right up there with driving a manual transmission as prerequisites for TAR contestants. How could so many "all-star" teams screw up reading a map??