The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Horrible Twist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-17-06, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Horrible Twist"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-06 AT 10:44 PM (EST)

When the producers were brainstorming for this season's big twist did they squelch the ones that would have made the show more interesting? They neede to come up with a reason to keep all the teams until episode two, not philiminate an extra one, and the most interesting team in the race at that. When Phil asked the guys to step onto the mat, I thought they were going to lose all there cash and extra clothes. That would have been a great first episode twist. Cutting two teams we never got to meet is such a bad idea.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Horrible Twist dragonflies 09-17-06 1
 RE: Horrible Twist mysticwolf 09-17-06 2
 RE: Horrible Twist flipxcyd 09-18-06 3
   RE: Horrible Twist Seana 09-18-06 4
       RE: Horrible Twist dabo 09-18-06 5
           RE: Horrible Twist Earl Colby Pottinger 09-18-06 13
               RE: Horrible Twist dabo 09-18-06 15
                   RE: Horrible Twist Earl Colby Pottinger 09-19-06 16
                       RE: Horrible Twist dabo 09-19-06 17
                           RE: Horrible Twist Earl Colby Pottinger 09-19-06 21
                               RE: Horrible Twist dabo 09-19-06 23
       RE: Horrible Twist Earl Colby Pottinger 09-18-06 11
   RE: Horrible Twist bondt007 09-18-06 8
 RE: Horrible Twist zipperhead 09-18-06 6
   RE: Horrible Twist Padme 09-18-06 7
       RE: Horrible Twist jbug 09-18-06 9
       RE: Horrible Twist brvnkrz 09-19-06 24
 RE: Horrible Twist Cyndimaus 09-18-06 10
 RE: Horrible Twist Max Headroom 09-18-06 12
   RE: Horrible Twist Jims02 09-19-06 19
   RE: Horrible Twist ARnutz 09-19-06 20
 Disagree newsomewayne 09-18-06 14
   Disagree also michel 09-19-06 18
       RE: Disagree also silentJ 09-19-06 22
 The Math? mrc 09-20-06 25
   RE: The Math? newsomewayne 09-20-06 26
   RE: The Math? volsfan 09-21-06 27
       RE: The Math? udg 09-22-06 29
           RE: The Math? dabo 09-22-06 30
   RE: The Math? cahaya 09-21-06 28
       RE: The Math? Tahj 09-22-06 31
 Time to re-visit this topic........... aquariaqueen 12-10-06 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-06, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Horrible Twist"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-06 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

Agreed. And so much for cultural diversity. Although we still have the Kentuckians.

Make this the best day of your life!

etf extra siggie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-06, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Horrible Twist"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-06 AT 11:07 PM (EST)

The show hasn't finished on the west coast yet. You may want to join the discussion thread in Spoilers Forum until it does at 11:30 EST. Until then it's considered spoiler material.

Autumn by Tribe blogging's scary

Edit to add west coast finishing time.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-18-06, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Horrible Twist"
Agreed. TAR got rid of two of the few interesting teams right then and there. I was hoping Vipul & Arti could have at least lost their money and see them again.

An arkiegrl siggie

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Horrible Twist"
Yeah, I'd have like to see more of Vipul and Arti, too.

But I'm kind of hoping that one of the twists is that there's a new penalty for coming in last on a non-elimination leg. I just never liked the begging for money thing.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Horrible Twist"
Agree, the begging thing was never all that interesting.

Worst twist, though, was bringing back gross numnums. But I suppose I should be happy they didn't have to eat a gutbusting pile of fish eyes.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-18-06, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Horrible Twist"
You call that gross? The eyeballs are small and will go down fast, it is not like you have to chew/taste them. Plus my mom was lamenting that she was not there, she LOVES sucking on fishheads - eyes, brains, flesh - she LOVES it all!

09-18-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Horrible Twist"
Oh, gosh, let me think... eyeballs getting plucked from disembodied heads and eaten... yeah, if that doesn't qualify as a gross numnum I'd be hard-pressed to think of what would.

09-19-06, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Horrible Twist"
Growing up with my parents and seeing some of the things they enjoy, fish eyes were the least gross things i seen them see.

Try Manish Water, Chicken feet (not the leg the foot), Chicken heads, Stinking Toe, Stewed (not fried) tripe. And that is just my Jamacian roots, since I was born in England, add Blood Sauage and Blood Pudding. Great GrandDad was Scottish so add Haggis to list. And even further back I have Irish blood, leading to the worse of the worse ---- Green Beer!!!

09-19-06, 00:39 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Horrible Twist"
LOL! Earl, I'm pretty certain every culture in the world has in its heritage what I would refer to as gross numnums. That doesn't bother me, enjoy your heritage and all the gross numnums that go with it.

My dad grew up way out in the middle of nowhere, they raised and slaughtered their own livestock and hunted critters to fill the larder and so on, never let anything go to waste, that's how they survived year by year. Ever had tripe? Head cheese? Chitterlings? Possum pie? (Possums are quite probably the mangiest critters on the planet.) Or (((shudder))) soy bean soup?

The point is that they had a gross numnums challenge, someone was bound to find it repulsive, that's precisely and only why they did it. I don't find that sort of thing entertaining at all.

09-19-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Horrible Twist"
Gross, does not bug me. But the size of some of the meals does.

Eyeballs only was barely a mouthful. Unless you are alergies to fish, no big deal. But the Russian meal of two pounds of caviar, that is a lot of salt to take in. The South America meal of about 5 pounds of meat, I don't eat that much meat even it it was all prime ribs or T-Bones - that is a lot of aminal protein to digest.

Some of the meals are just not gross, they are a major bio-chemical stress to the body of the one eating.

09-19-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Horrible Twist"
Yeah, that's true, I bet they were all hungry again an hour later.

09-18-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Horrible Twist"
I was hoping for something like an extra task that they had to complete to catch up with the other teams for the first non-pitstop elimination, and I never expected the second one to be an elimination also! That was definatly a "hand me all you got" point in the race.

I understand the Muslims had thier problem keeping up with the others because of prayer breaks, but Vipul and Arti looked like they just needed a little shock to make it clear they were in a race, taking away thier belongings may have been a shock needed to get them going. I am very sorry to see them gone.

bondt007 3358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-18-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Horrible Twist"
TAR didn't get rid of anyone, they just came in last.

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

Charter Member, April 2001; Club Anti-DAW

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Horrible Twist"
You know what would be a cool new twist? If they bring one of the eliminated teams back.

Padme 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-18-06, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Padme Click to send private message to Padme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Horrible Twist"
I think it would have been neat if the last team on that mat would have been shot to first place in the next leg. Now THAT woulda been cool!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Horrible Twist"
>I think it would have been
>neat if the last team
>on that mat would have
>been shot to first place
>in the next leg.
>Now THAT woulda been cool!
>

I was on the edge of my chair expecting that to happen too! Was anxious to see the reactions of the other racers. I was NOT expecting them to get Philim'd right off the bat like that. That was not a good twist.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Horrible Twist"
That's what I thought was going to happen too.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Horrible Twist"
I thought it would have been cool if they had been given something that would help them in the race instead of a penalty. It would have been totally unexpected. Maybe a 15 minute lead on everyone else or something they could use later in the race. Not really fair but it would have been unexpected.

Last team eliminated was boring except that everyone else was there watching and were totally shocked.

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Musings

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Horrible Twist"
What a rotten idea. Couldn't the twist have been to HAVE ONE LESS NON-ELIM LEG?? If they were going to Philiminate two teams in leg 1, I guess they needed to add a 12th team, but why bother? We never got to know either Bilal/Sa'eed or Vipul/Arti, so what did the producers gain from this twist?

I'm stumped. Someone please fill me in.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Horrible Twist"
I agree.

While I like that they gave one extra team a chance, it didn't make sense to eliminate them so rapidly, and then make us sit through 2 or 3 non-elimination legs. They should've just cast Bilal & Sa'eed and then eliminated a NEL leg, in my opinion.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Horrible Twist"
I also agree. One less non-elim would've been way better than this!

...and if they really wanted to have this "twist", why didn't they throw it in the middle of the race? They could've easily snuck it in between two non-elim legs or something. That would've been better, I think.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Disagree"
I thought it was a great twist. It didn't really make for great TV because Phil was wayyyy too apologetic for it. This was the time for Phil to play the a-hole host but he failed. But still a great twist. You know viewers are not the only ones who can forsee bunch points. I'm sure the racers have an idea when one is approaching, too. Now instead of playing it safe, racers will be forced to race hard the whole race. I doubt it got the reaction the producers were hoping for at the time, but I would be willing to bet it affects how the racers compete from here on out. Probably a lot less teamwork between the teams.

Silence suggested by Syren, 2005

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Disagree also"
Instead of the casting directors having to make the final cut of a team we'd never have seen, they gave all 12 a shot. There are always alternates and it is possible that until very late, one team wasn't sure to make it. An alternate could've been kept on hold maybe as late as a week prior to the start. Instead of saying "better luck next time", they made late arrangements for an additional team and put in that mid-leg elimination. Even if it was planned all along, we did get to meet each one so it was still a good idea. Better than Survivor Palau where 20 were casted for an 18 player game. The first two eliminated had much less of a chance than Bilal and Sa'eed. I also agree that it will make each team worry before the usual bunching points.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-19-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Disagree also"
If that's the case, they should have just booked 11 flights and eliminated the idiots that couldn't find the airport in a major American city. Would have saved the producers $5000 too.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "The Math?"
Am I wrong, but aren't we right back where we usually are in terms of non-elim legs?

12 teams + 8 elim. pit stops = 4 teams at the end.

But since we've eliminated Team Islam and Team Good Looks, we're down to 10 teams + 7 more elim. pit stops = 3 teams in the end.

In other words, if the teams do their math, then they know that what happened to Team Islam won't happen again, so this doesn't change any strategy.

Or should I stick to teaching history?

What is Phil's golf equipment?

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Math?"
... if the teams do their math, then they know ...

You may be right, but ask Bolo about TAR racers' ability to do math.

Silence suggested by Syren, 2005

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-06, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The Math?"
I have it taped but I don't think Phil said how many pit stops there were...just how many non-elims.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The Math?"
Phil said there would be 8 elim pit stops. He didn't say how many non-elims or how many pit stops total.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

09-22-06, 02:09 AM (EST)
30. "RE: The Math?"
It's really a limited season that has to conclude before Christmas special and whatnot season, the observation about the math is valid.

Gawd forbid TAR gets in the way of the annual broadcast of "You're a mean one, Mister Grinch!"

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-06, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: The Math?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-06 AT 11:25 PM (EST)

Of course, we could have one or more extra NEL's (non-elimination legs) combined with the same number of DEL's (double-elimination legs).

Foo dogs by Tribe

That would be scary, and frustrating to watch.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-22-06, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: The Math?"
And who knows, maybe they'll let one of the early eliminated teams come back.

Wait, this isn't the Project Runway forum is it. Never mind.

Tribe rocked my sig!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-10-06, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Time to re-visit this topic..........."
Was I the only one who thought we may see this stunt again?
Only then would it gained a tiny bit of credence for allowing it the first episode.

Sorry, this was a big mistake. Robbing someone before they even got a chance...

Thanks to Seana for my sigpic!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •