The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-10-07, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
Two hours to start, and they're threatening to have three or four episodes' worth of auditions -- which means we have to ask ourselves one very important, extremely dangerous question.

Does Buck Star have a passport?

Your audition judges: Alonzo Boden, Kathleen Madigan, and Ant. Well, at least two of them know what 'funny' is.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... PagongRatEater 06-13-07 1
   RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... volsfan 06-13-07 2
       RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... ARnutz 06-13-07 9
           RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... volsfan 06-13-07 11
               RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... ARnutz 06-13-07 13
   RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... leenga 06-28-07 32
       RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Estee 06-28-07 33
 So call it a spoiler thread... Estee 06-13-07 3
   RE: So call it a spoiler thread... volsfan 06-13-07 5
       RE: So call it a spoiler thread... Estee 06-13-07 7
   RE: So call it a spoiler thread... HistoryDetective 06-13-07 24
       Just for HD. Estee 06-14-07 29
           RE: Just for HD. HistoryDetective 06-14-07 30
 First memorable joke. Estee 06-13-07 4
 RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Estee 06-13-07 6
 RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Estee 06-13-07 8
 Next up: Canada! Estee 06-13-07 10
 RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Estee 06-13-07 12
   RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... volsfan 06-13-07 14
 RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Estee 06-13-07 15
   RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Fishercat 06-13-07 19
 ??? Estee 06-13-07 16
 Echoes... Estee 06-13-07 17
 RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Estee 06-13-07 18
   RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... volsfan 06-13-07 20
       RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Seana 06-13-07 25
           RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... MKitty 06-18-07 31
   RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Loree 06-14-07 26
 RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Estee 06-13-07 21
 In lieu of a LCS call-in contest -- Estee 06-13-07 22
 RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Estee 06-13-07 23
   RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... PagongRatEater 06-14-07 27
       RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:... Estee 06-14-07 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-07, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
Personally, I will be very sad if Buck Starr has given up. He's a tradition now and who knows, maybe someday he'll actually be funny.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-07, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
I say bring on Buck!

Looking forward to tonight's epi...hope it is good!

I finally blogged

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-07, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
*poke*

HEY!!! Look who it is!

*runs to turn on TV*

06-13-07, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
*giggle*

HEY!

Well, there were a few good one liners in that round and I was fairly pleased with the results.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-07, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
I missed the beginning, but thankfully it's just the auditions!

Plus, it's 2 hours.

leenga 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-28-07, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leenga Click to send private message to leenga Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
>Personally, I will be very sad
>if Buck Starr has given
>up. He's a tradition
>now and who knows, maybe
>someday he'll actually be funny.
>
>
>
>

i've heard he is a plant
http://www.cringehumor.net/columns/062604_lcs2.htm

Read & Mark apparently also love creating characters for the "reality" show. Do you all remember the hideous Buck Star? He was the tool who went to every city of the regional tryouts whom Read & Mark ripped apart before he was able to finish his first joke. From what I hear, Buck Star is actually a Production Assistant that NBC used to film remotes. That's right! Buck didn't travel all over the country to try out, he was on the payroll doing his job! NBC wanted to create a William Hung type of character (the Dat Phan of American Idol) and decided Buck would be the perfect candidate. They gave Buck a bullshit angle with his father, a joke from Rich Vos, and when he was finally given stage time all he talked about was stalking Read & Mark.

Also, check out this article that explains how NBC hired wacky actors to try out in the LA regionals:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04074/284877.stm

06-28-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
Not even remotely surprised. It does kind of make me wonder who just the never-spokes lined up at the nighttime callbacks were this year...

06-13-07, 08:59 PM (EST)
3. "So call it a spoiler thread..."
Ye gawds. We're one segment in and the potential return of Buck is starting to feel like a relief. It looks like LCS finally reached the all-out audition disaster stage -- you know: the AI mentality where people show up just to see not only how bad they can be, but how long they can keep it up before the judges throw them out?

On the other hand, at least we're watching Ant suffer. That's always a bonus.

And we will not hear from HD until the shot of Rebecca Korry goes away. (Then again, he is on pain meds. Maybe he didn't notice.)

06-13-07, 09:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: So call it a spoiler thread..."
Rather ho-hum so far...*YAWN*

06-13-07, 09:14 PM (EST)
7. "RE: So call it a spoiler thread..."
Another good line emerged with 'quality medical care', but I'm not getting that 'must spend twenty minutes dialing' vibe yet.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-07, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: So call it a spoiler thread..."
And we will not hear from HD until the shot of Rebecca Korry goes away. (Then again, he is on pain meds. Maybe he didn't notice.)

I was hoping it was a hallucination ... but this works too. Misery loves company.

06-14-07, 05:25 PM (EST)
29. "Just for HD."
http://www.rebeccacorry.com/

I never saw that paired tour with Mirna coming.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Just for HD."
Well, that's two of the four Horsewomen of the Apocalypse. I'm heading for the hills if Lamber and She Who Shall Not Be Named are seen anywhere in their vicinity.

06-13-07, 09:07 PM (EST)
4. "First memorable joke."
'High Treason Week on the Discovery Channel.'

It's funny 'cause it's true.

06-13-07, 09:12 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
Weird -- about half an hour in and we're already most of the way through the Manhattan auditions? Either we don't have a lot of people moving on from this stop (and the LCS passes were never balanced by site), we've got a lot of places left to go, or the rumors of spending three or four episodes immersed in pitiful were false. Cross your fingers on Option #3...

06-13-07, 09:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
Okay, Ari Barker is funny. He may not be the funniest, but if he doesn't move on, it'll be because -- because -- do we have any NBC executives in the house? Really? Are you sure? Because the flaming auras of pure evil are generally easy to spot.

06-13-07, 09:25 PM (EST)
10. "Next up: Canada!"
Somewhere in Hollywood, Mark Burnett files a purely preemptive lawsuit.

06-13-07, 09:34 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
Not horrible so far. I might have given the redhead an extra chance just based on the 'freckles=mark of Jesus' shame' bit, but the six who went through in Manhattan should get an extra minute or so in the semifinals.

And now, for the first time ever, an American reality show goes to Canada -- with the intention of actually casting Canadians. Is this legal?

06-13-07, 09:37 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
I agree about the redhead.

Who is the first nutjob in Canada? WTF is that?

06-13-07, 09:44 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
I'm not sure which image I'm having a harder time getting used to: Alonzo without hair or Ant with it.

Hey, Gerry's back! I remember him from last season: a classic storyteller who had problems working short and punchy -- which doesn't help in a two-minute set. Hopefully he gets to the house ship space station this time around.

Good lines from Richard -- I'm predicting he gets through. Not sure Debra's got staying power yet.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-13-07, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
Gerry was one of my favorites from last seasons audition rounds, so I'm glad he tore it up this time.

06-13-07, 09:57 PM (EST)
16. "???"
I don't know... have any of you ever been that happy to see a man in a bad gorilla mask?

06-13-07, 09:58 PM (EST)
17. "Echoes..."
I'm pretty sure DeAnne just did every single evolution/ID argument we've ever had on the board in less than sixty seconds.

06-13-07, 10:09 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
Ugh. I do not understand why Silverback made it through. Given a free choice, I would have put him back and taken either Richard or the quasi-genius who came up with '"So what brings you to Canada?' 'I hate him!'" And only three slots for this stop? If we're looking at forty again, then Canada is being very unrepresented -- and now we're heading back to the States...

06-13-07, 10:11 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
I didn't like Silverback at all. I don't find him funny. I thought Richard was hilarious...COOKIES!

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-07, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
LAST EDITED ON 06-13-07 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

If I may? The one who did the "What brings you to Canada?/I hate him!" is Trevor Boris. He and Debra DiGiovanni are on a MuchMusic (our MTV) show called "Video on Trial", where a video is played and a panel makes snarky comments. Debra and Trevor are 2 of my favourites. I didn't think she was at her best in front of the audience either. She seemed nervous.

ETA: Ha! http://www.muchmusic.com/tv/videoontrial

I really liked Richard too. And the ADD guy. That was too funny.

I am embarrassed that my country is being represented by a guy in an ape mask. At least if he had been funny, it might not have been so bad. Shoot me now.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-18-07, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
LAST EDITED ON 06-18-07 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

I agree! I LOVED Richard..he was freakin' hilarious. The ape guy..just kind of weird. And, I recall that Deb woman from a Plastic Surgery show as one of the sarcastic commentators

Wah...I wanted Richard...his cookies skit was hilarious (as was his riff on boxing with the prize being a belt and a purse)

These judges are obviously demented...

*pouncing courtesy of Tribe*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
I wanted Richard to make it through. The gorilla mask guy just made me curious what he looks like underneath the mask. If he is picked will he sleep in the mask? Is he someone we would recognize if he took it off?

06-13-07, 10:21 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
So far, the funniest thing about Texas has been the steadily-escalating beep tones. And they'll probably get more spots than Canada did. Why? Because they're Texas. And they'll complain. Plus the president will have the FCC fine the show for airing something he couldn't understand. Like the title.

06-13-07, 10:33 PM (EST)
22. "In lieu of a LCS call-in contest --"
-- please use your cell phone to pay NBC $0.99 for the punchline of a lame joke. Because Howie's got to get the money from somewhere.

Still not that impressed by the Texas turnout. Hawkins has a good delivery, but they all feel like jokes I've heard before, possibly because I've heard his style about a thousand times. Andi, our Wisconsin semi-psychotic, has potential -- but it may be a few hundred smoke-filled stages down the road.

06-13-07, 10:43 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
And from San Antonio, the Spurs win in four. The comedians only move on in threes.

Twelve people? That's all we got from two hours?

This is going to be a very long preseason...

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
I'm concerned that they are more worried about casting than comedy again. There were some very funny comics who didn't move forward - and some prety mediocre ones that did. Especially in NYC.

06-14-07, 02:14 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
And yet, they haven't figured out how to rig the editing to make their rejectees look bad...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •