URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 348
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"

Posted by Estee on 06-10-07 at 06:24 PM
Two hours to start, and they're threatening to have three or four episodes' worth of auditions -- which means we have to ask ourselves one very important, extremely dangerous question.

Does Buck Star have a passport?

Your audition judges: Alonzo Boden, Kathleen Madigan, and Ant. Well, at least two of them know what 'funny' is.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Season premiere to air 6/13 (9:00 p.m. EDT)"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 06-13-07 at 03:56 PM
Personally, I will be very sad if Buck Starr has given up. He's a tradition now and who knows, maybe someday he'll actually be funny.

Posted by volsfan on 06-13-07 at 08:46 PM
I say bring on Buck!

Looking forward to tonight's epi...hope it is good!

I finally blogged

Posted by ARnutz on 06-13-07 at 09:25 PM
*poke*

HEY!!! Look who it is!

*runs to turn on TV*

Posted by volsfan on 06-13-07 at 09:33 PM
*giggle*

HEY!

Well, there were a few good one liners in that round and I was fairly pleased with the results.

Posted by ARnutz on 06-13-07 at 09:34 PM
I missed the beginning, but thankfully it's just the auditions!

Plus, it's 2 hours.

Posted by leenga on 06-28-07 at 12:22 PM
>Personally, I will be very sad
>if Buck Starr has given
>up. He's a tradition
>now and who knows, maybe
>someday he'll actually be funny.
>
>
>
>

i've heard he is a plant
http://www.cringehumor.net/columns/062604_lcs2.htm

Read & Mark apparently also love creating characters for the "reality" show. Do you all remember the hideous Buck Star? He was the tool who went to every city of the regional tryouts whom Read & Mark ripped apart before he was able to finish his first joke. From what I hear, Buck Star is actually a Production Assistant that NBC used to film remotes. That's right! Buck didn't travel all over the country to try out, he was on the payroll doing his job! NBC wanted to create a William Hung type of character (the Dat Phan of American Idol) and decided Buck would be the perfect candidate. They gave Buck a bullshit angle with his father, a joke from Rich Vos, and when he was finally given stage time all he talked about was stalking Read & Mark.

Also, check out this article that explains how NBC hired wacky actors to try out in the LA regionals:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04074/284877.stm

Posted by Estee on 06-28-07 at 01:01 PM
Not even remotely surprised. It does kind of make me wonder who just the never-spokes lined up at the nighttime callbacks were this year...

"So call it a spoiler thread..."
Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 08:59 PM
Ye gawds. We're one segment in and the potential return of Buck is starting to feel like a relief. It looks like LCS finally reached the all-out audition disaster stage -- you know: the AI mentality where people show up just to see not only how bad they can be, but how long they can keep it up before the judges throw them out?

On the other hand, at least we're watching Ant suffer. That's always a bonus.

And we will not hear from HD until the shot of Rebecca Korry goes away. (Then again, he is on pain meds. Maybe he didn't notice.)

"RE: So call it a spoiler thread..."
Posted by volsfan on 06-13-07 at 09:11 PM
Rather ho-hum so far...*YAWN*

Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 09:14 PM
Another good line emerged with 'quality medical care', but I'm not getting that 'must spend twenty minutes dialing' vibe yet.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 06-13-07 at 10:50 PM
And we will not hear from HD until the shot of Rebecca Korry goes away. (Then again, he is on pain meds. Maybe he didn't notice.)

I was hoping it was a hallucination ... but this works too. Misery loves company.

"Just for HD."
Posted by Estee on 06-14-07 at 05:25 PM
http://www.rebeccacorry.com/

I never saw that paired tour with Mirna coming.

"RE: Just for HD."
Posted by HistoryDetective on 06-14-07 at 06:20 PM
Well, that's two of the four Horsewomen of the Apocalypse. I'm heading for the hills if Lamber and She Who Shall Not Be Named are seen anywhere in their vicinity.

"First memorable joke."
Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 09:07 PM
'High Treason Week on the Discovery Channel.'

It's funny 'cause it's true.

Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 09:12 PM
Weird -- about half an hour in and we're already most of the way through the Manhattan auditions? Either we don't have a lot of people moving on from this stop (and the LCS passes were never balanced by site), we've got a lot of places left to go, or the rumors of spending three or four episodes immersed in pitiful were false. Cross your fingers on Option #3...

Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 09:24 PM
Okay, Ari Barker is funny. He may not be the funniest, but if he doesn't move on, it'll be because -- because -- do we have any NBC executives in the house? Really? Are you sure? Because the flaming auras of pure evil are generally easy to spot.

"Next up: Canada!"
Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 09:25 PM
Somewhere in Hollywood, Mark Burnett files a purely preemptive lawsuit.

Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 09:34 PM
Not horrible so far. I might have given the redhead an extra chance just based on the 'freckles=mark of Jesus' shame' bit, but the six who went through in Manhattan should get an extra minute or so in the semifinals.

And now, for the first time ever, an American reality show goes to Canada -- with the intention of actually casting Canadians. Is this legal?

Posted by volsfan on 06-13-07 at 09:37 PM
I agree about the redhead.

Who is the first nutjob in Canada? WTF is that?

Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 09:44 PM
I'm not sure which image I'm having a harder time getting used to: Alonzo without hair or Ant with it.

Hey, Gerry's back! I remember him from last season: a classic storyteller who had problems working short and punchy -- which doesn't help in a two-minute set. Hopefully he gets to the house ship space station this time around.

Good lines from Richard -- I'm predicting he gets through. Not sure Debra's got staying power yet.

Posted by Fishercat on 06-13-07 at 10:10 PM
Gerry was one of my favorites from last seasons audition rounds, so I'm glad he tore it up this time.

"???"
Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 09:57 PM
I don't know... have any of you ever been that happy to see a man in a bad gorilla mask?

"Echoes..."
Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 09:58 PM
I'm pretty sure DeAnne just did every single evolution/ID argument we've ever had on the board in less than sixty seconds.

Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 10:09 PM
Ugh. I do not understand why Silverback made it through. Given a free choice, I would have put him back and taken either Richard or the quasi-genius who came up with '"So what brings you to Canada?' 'I hate him!'" And only three slots for this stop? If we're looking at forty again, then Canada is being very unrepresented -- and now we're heading back to the States...

Posted by volsfan on 06-13-07 at 10:11 PM
I didn't like Silverback at all. I don't find him funny. I thought Richard was hilarious...COOKIES!

Posted by Seana on 06-13-07 at 11:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-13-07 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

If I may? The one who did the "What brings you to Canada?/I hate him!" is Trevor Boris. He and Debra DiGiovanni are on a MuchMusic (our MTV) show called "Video on Trial", where a video is played and a panel makes snarky comments. Debra and Trevor are 2 of my favourites. I didn't think she was at her best in front of the audience either. She seemed nervous.

ETA: Ha! http://www.muchmusic.com/tv/videoontrial

I really liked Richard too. And the ADD guy. That was too funny.

I am embarrassed that my country is being represented by a guy in an ape mask. At least if he had been funny, it might not have been so bad. Shoot me now.

Posted by MKitty on 06-18-07 at 02:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-18-07 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

I agree! I LOVED Richard..he was freakin' hilarious. The ape guy..just kind of weird. And, I recall that Deb woman from a Plastic Surgery show as one of the sarcastic commentators

Wah...I wanted Richard...his cookies skit was hilarious (as was his riff on boxing with the prize being a belt and a purse)

These judges are obviously demented...

*pouncing courtesy of Tribe*

Posted by Loree on 06-14-07 at 10:58 AM
I wanted Richard to make it through. The gorilla mask guy just made me curious what he looks like underneath the mask. If he is picked will he sleep in the mask? Is he someone we would recognize if he took it off?

Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 10:21 PM
So far, the funniest thing about Texas has been the steadily-escalating beep tones. And they'll probably get more spots than Canada did. Why? Because they're Texas. And they'll complain. Plus the president will have the FCC fine the show for airing something he couldn't understand. Like the title.

"In lieu of a LCS call-in contest --"
Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 10:33 PM
-- please use your cell phone to pay NBC $0.99 for the punchline of a lame joke. Because Howie's got to get the money from somewhere.

Still not that impressed by the Texas turnout. Hawkins has a good delivery, but they all feel like jokes I've heard before, possibly because I've heard his style about a thousand times. Andi, our Wisconsin semi-psychotic, has potential -- but it may be a few hundred smoke-filled stages down the road.

Posted by Estee on 06-13-07 at 10:43 PM
And from San Antonio, the Spurs win in four. The comedians only move on in threes.

Twelve people? That's all we got from two hours?

This is going to be a very long preseason...

Posted by PagongRatEater on 06-14-07 at 01:51 PM
I'm concerned that they are more worried about casting than comedy again. There were some very funny comics who didn't move forward - and some prety mediocre ones that did. Especially in NYC.

Posted by Estee on 06-14-07 at 02:14 PM
And yet, they haven't figured out how to rig the editing to make their rejectees look bad...