The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wild Card?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

truckerman666 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-23-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail truckerman666 Click to send private message to truckerman666 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wild Card?"
Whats the wild card, and why would one comic come back for a chance to win. Someones funnier than everyone whos out so whats the point. They never had a wild card last year, why start now. Gulman beat ant and london, Heffron beat Holcomb and Bonnie, and Tammy beat Todd, if they're already proved themselves over them, they shouldnt come back in.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wild Card? Oscirus 07-23-04 1
 RE: Wild Card? theking0075 07-23-04 2
 RE: Wild Card? PagongRatEater 07-24-04 3
 RE: Wild Card? theking0075 07-26-04 4
   RE: Wild Card? bystander 07-26-04 5
       RE: Wild Card? theking0075 07-26-04 7
       RE: Wild Card? jenlee012976 07-28-04 13
   RE: Wild Card? Bebo 07-26-04 6
       RE: Wild Card? caveman 07-26-04 8
           email vote silentJ 07-28-04 14
       RE: Wild Card? Joools 07-27-04 9
           RE: Wild Card? grit 07-27-04 10
               RE: Wild Card? truthrules50 07-28-04 15
           RE: Wild Card? Dizwiz 07-27-04 11
           RE: Wild Card? Mistral 07-27-04 12
       RE: Wild Card? DoodleBug 07-28-04 17
 RE: Wild Card = Simply Dreadful mocha madness 07-28-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-23-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wild Card?"
Not to menttion the fact that The winner of the wild card round will get more exposure than the five who made the finals giving thme an unfair advantage.

They really need to stop bringing back defeated contestants into these reality shows its a stupid idea that needs to be locked in a chest and thrown into the bermuda triangle for nobody to find.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-23-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wild Card?"
Because......the audience who voted that Gary was funnier than Jay London obiviously had no idea what they were doing and it's only right Jay should be allowed to come back and slay us with more of his hilarious one-liners!

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-24-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wild Card?"
And how does that affect the mechanics of the show? Do we then have to have ANOTHER elimination round or will it be the Top Six competing for America's votes?

I agree that it is total carp. Stupid LCS ghost tribe.

07-26-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wild Card?"
I think if you listen to NBC's explanation, it goes a little something like this:

Basically, they want to give AMERICA the final say on who wins. That ulitimately means that if America's favorite has already been kicked off the show, he or she should be allowed to come back so that America has the chance to give their favorite the top prize. It basically means that the eliminations only penalize you in that it gives you less time to make America fall in love with you!

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-26-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wild Card?"
Well I gotta say IMHO that many of America's Favorites were kicked off before they even got a chance in the house. One of my favorites was that Higgins guy. He would have run circles around Bonnie McFarland and Ant but somehow they were more fun people to have in the house. I think that Drew Carey and Brett Butler were correct in their outrage over who went through to the house earlier in the show. They were just there for ratings.

07-26-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Wild Card?"
If I had my way, Buck Star would be in the final 5!

jenlee012976 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-28-04, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenlee012976 Click to send private message to jenlee012976 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wild Card?"
Totally agree !!!
Those guys were great and I can't say that this year I have laughed my --- off like I did last year. Poor decisions as far as I'm concerned but if we have to pick, hummmmmmmm. I guess John but I don't really care in the end. Maybe next year will be better

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wild Card?"
Hmmm...is this the "Dave Mordal" rule? After all, there were a lot of pissed off folks last year (including me) when Dave got ousted.

After all, the voting audience only gets to base their vote on the one performance that they see. The viewers can see the whole body of work. Last year, we watched a comedian with a small subset of material use it over and over to win his head-to-heads. Once I got a chance to vote, I voted for the ones that had the more comprehensive (and funny) material.

I'm glad to see this. I was disappointed when Jay had to go against Gulman, because I wanted to see both of them go further. Jay had an off night against Gary and lost, but since we viewers can judge on the entire body of work, those of us who find Jay's type of humor funny still have a chance to vote for him.

Have whip, will travel.

caveman 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-26-04, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caveman Click to send private message to caveman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wild Card?"
Did we ever find out who the comic was that the celebrity judges claimed did deserved to be there? If the producer's fix was in from the beginning for a certain comic to make the house regardless of what the celebrity judges thought, perhaps this is yet another way to put him or her back in the game.

Or the producers know that the finalist are shaping up to be the worst of the worst and the show will die at LCS2.

Caveman

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "email vote"
I just emailed the show ( lastcomicstanding@nbc.com ) and voted for "the guy that got screwed over by the procucers". If everyone that that thinks he deserved a shot does that he might get move votes than The Insignificant ANT.

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-27-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Wild Card?"
The problem with America voting is that the truly funniest comic may not actually win. The audience in the theater has been voting based solely on the stand up routines but the TV viewers know more of what's going on in the house...the alliances, the backstabbing, the mind games, etc. There's a chance that the TV audience will vote for someone based on sympathy, not on how funny he or she is. I can't be the only one who thinks that Dat Phan won last year (at least partly) because people took pity on him since he was constantly being picked on by the others in the house.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-27-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Wild Card?"
The problem with America voting is that the truly funniest comic may not actually win. There's a chance that the TV audience will vote for someone based on sympathy, not on how funny he or she is.

We saw that with American Idol. How else do you explain Camille, Jasmine, and Johnny Red getting so far in the competition?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

truthrules50 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-28-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail truthrules50 Click to send private message to truthrules50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Wild Card?"
>We saw that with American Idol.
> How else do you
>explain Camille, Jasmine, and Johnny
>Red getting so far in
>the competition?

Well...But then there's the Flip Side - The Good thing about a Wild Card - If it wasn't for the Wild Card, Clay Aiken wouldn't have been in the competition.

(Okay - No bashing now ! LOL)

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-27-04, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wild Card?"
Ugh, Dat. Sympathy MUST be the reason he won, because his act was kinda funny the first time I heard it, but it got old REALLY fast...which is unfortunate, because it was the only act he had!

Diz

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-04, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wild Card?"
I agree with most of what you're saying, but I truly think they should be judged on their stand-up ability alone (yes, I know I'm idealistic). Being funny in the house doesn't translate into being able to entertain an audience. Same with the little "challenge" thingies they give them. But since the TV viewing audience is the decider, they are going to vote on the whole package. Maybe we should just have a live audience/couple of judges vote rather than have the "great unwashed" decide the whole thing.

And I am still convinced that Dat Phan was set up to win the whole thing from the beginning. One thing I noticed was that they originally had him listed as being from Santee, CA, which even I, as a SoCal native, had to look up. Later on in the show they changed it to San Diego, CA, which most folks have heard of.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Wild Card?"
I wish we had the wild card last year! I, too, was ticked that Mordal was booted. This year, so far, the audience has done a pretty good job of picking the unfunny comedian.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Wild Card = Simply Dreadful"
This was simply dreadful....truly all five were without talent, and they all showed it. I will not bother to vote any of these losers back into the competition. The only way this could work would be if we could vote in any of the three other comics, Naturman, etc., who got screwed in the original selection process.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •