The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-21-04, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
I can't believe we are down to the Final 5 and people aren't just lighting this board up! I guess everyone must be watching Big Brother? Oh, well. If anyone caught this show last night, can you clue me in on what happened with Alonzo at the end? I missed that part. Did they give him a pass because it wasn't fair they sent three to the final challenge or did he get the most votes? I'm shocked if he got the most votes cause he had the worst set of the three. I thought so, anyway.

I was disappointed that for a second straight year it seemed like none of the comics on the show came up with a single good idea for a sitcom. "Uh, this is a show, where I'm a dad, and I live in this neighborhood, and funny stuff happens every week!" How about one, good, original, idea? Very disappointing.

Anyway, I guess I'm really writing this to try and get a feel about how America will be voting. I know how I'll vote and I'm gonna tell you! First, I hope Tammy comes in dead last so she can realize how NOT funny she is. You can only skate by on ONE joke for so long honey! And I'm not even letting how she played the game effect my decision. She's just not funny. Next, I hope is Kathleen. All she has done successfully in the house so far is entertain kids. This is "Last COMIC Standing" NOT "Last Kid's Birthday Party Clown Standing". She really shouldn't win. Next is Alonzo. He was great at the roast and I loved his early sets, but I was very disappointed with what I saw last night once he got some major stage time. It's third place for him. I hope Gary is the runner-up. Not that I really like him or his act all that much, but just because the odds were stacked against him and he has fought his way into the final 5. He may even deserve to win. I will vote for John, however. He has also had to survive two challenges and I think he has had the two funniest sets at the head to heads. Plus, he keeps coming up with original material. I don't think I've heard him repeat a joke yet! I gotta give it to John, unless of course, he totally bombs in his final set.

So who do you guys want to see win?

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... Dizwiz 07-21-04 1
   RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... motormouth 07-21-04 13
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... grit 07-21-04 2
   RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... Dizwiz 07-21-04 3
       RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... motormouth 07-21-04 14
 Naw, I don't watch BB Mistral 07-21-04 4
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... missygirl3 07-21-04 5
 Not on Tuesday night! DoodleBug 07-21-04 6
   RE: Not on Tuesday night! motormouth 07-21-04 15
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... Loree 07-21-04 7
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... Joools 07-21-04 8
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... Kellar 07-21-04 9
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... badger 07-21-04 10
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... I_AM_HE 07-21-04 11
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... FesterFan1 07-21-04 12
 Random thoughts Oscirus 07-21-04 16
   RE: Random thoughts Kellar 07-21-04 18
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... Bucky Katt 07-21-04 17
   Thank you Bucky Spidey 07-21-04 19
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... Bebo 07-22-04 20
 RE: What's Up? Is everyone watchin... galcyclist 07-22-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-21-04, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
See that just goes to show how subjective comedy really is, because I thought Alonzo was great last night. After John had to go to the head to head and picked Corey to go wityh him, everyone else got to vote on a third person to send to the head to head, and they voted for Alonzo. I don't know Corey could possibly have thought he had a great set; I thought he was awful. I don't know how Tammy's made it so far with her Dat Phanesque one joke, and I haven't seen enough of Kathleen to judge her one way or the other. I think I'm rooting for John, Alonzo and Gary, in that order.

Diz

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-21-04, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
don't know how Tammy's made it so far with her Dat Phanesque one joke
Thank you Diz, once again, for saying what I have been thinking. Glad I am not the only one.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
I was surprised that Alonso had a higher percentage than John. I thought his routine was pretty good but I thought John's was better. Doesn't matter - they both made it to the final 5.

Since I missed the beginning of this series, I hadn't seen any of John's routines so I was really surprised last night that he was so funny. I never would have guessed it based on his performance in the few immunity challenges I saw him in.

I hope it comes down to John-Alonso-Gary. I won't lock myself into a final decision, though, because they all have some weaknesses. I want to see who overcomes their weaknesses.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-21-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
John remids me of that frog from the old Warner Bros. cartoons, who does nothing but sit and croak, and then when no one's looking, he springs to life and sings and dances. John gets on stage and I'm thinking, "Whoa! Where did THAT come from?!"

Diz

07-21-04, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
OMG...LMAO!

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-21-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Naw, I don't watch BB"
I'm actually pretty pleased with the final 5, they are who I would have picked. However, I would have liked to see Kathleen go up since she was the only one who hadn't and it's kind of hard to judge how well she'd do in a head-to-head otherwise. Still, she doesn't irritate me the way some of the already-gone ones did.

I am SO GLAD Corey got taken out! Who was he kidding when he thought he was one of the "heavyweights" unless he was referring to his actual weight? Alonzo and John just blew him out of the water. He wasn't even mildly humorous to me.

Right now I'm leaning for either a John or Alonzo win. I really can't see any of the others coming that close. John just has this maniacal energy about him and Alonzo is just flat out funny. I still like Tammy, but I don't see her winning.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-21-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
I have never liked Corey, Tammy, or Kathleen. I hope John, Alonzo, or Gary wins. I missed last nights episode but I have it on tape. Thats my opinion.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-21-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Not on Tuesday night!"
I watch Big Brother when there is "nothing else on".

John, John, and John. That's who I am voting for. He had me ROLLING last night. I love is sets. He cracks me up. Alonzo is a funny guy too. He is really good at what he does. And I'm glad they picked him as the third comedian, though I would rather have seen Kathleen. Corey was somewhat funny last night, but couldn't hold a candle to the other two. I was kind of surprised that Alonzo beat John honestly.

I hope Tammy comes in last. I just don't think she is funny. She won immunity based on her looks only. The God-daughter? Come on. How over used is that!

Gary and Kathleen are funny people, but I don't think they will win. Gary has definitely proven himself (what has Kathleen done on this show?), but he is kind of inconsistent. John and Alonzo have been consistently funny, so I would love to see them as the final 2.

JayMo was actually kind of funny last night.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

07-21-04, 06:11 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Not on Tuesday night!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

I agree with everything you said.

"I hope Tammy comes in last. I just don't think she is funny. She won immunity based on her looks only. The God-daughter? Come on. How over used is that!"

So true. John is also my very favorite. Gary of course is my eye candy.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
At this point I have no idea if Kathleen is funny or not. I don't remember. I wanted to see her in the head-to-head so I would know how she performs. She must be a nice person because she loves the dog. (I'm a dog person) But that doesn't mean she is funny on stage.

I think they told the focus group we want a female to win this. It was like they thought Tammy was hot and cute so they picked her. And then they picked Kathleen next. All the guys were at the bottom.

My choice for funniest has been Alonzo and I still think he should win. But I do enjoy John too, so it wouldn't bother me if he won either. Gary is okay. I liked Tammy at first but have become bored with her. And I don't remember what Kathleen does that is funny. And I won't miss Corey. He was starting to annoy me with the same type of jokes over and over.

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-21-04, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
Hey everyone...first time poster, long time watcher of LCS.

I'm generally happy with the final 5 with the exception of Tammy. Never liked her from the start. I would LOVE it if John won, he cracks me up every time. Is it just me or did he seem really worried and nervous last night when it came down to either him or Corey? He shouldn't have been since Corey was absolutely awful. I think maybe he needs to have a little confidence. He and Alonzo are the funniest people there with Gary running a close third.

Kellar 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-21-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kellar Click to send private message to Kellar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 03:05 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 03:04 PM (EST)

I’m slightly conflicted with who I want to win. It’s a rich assortment of comics we are dealing with here. We have the polarizing humour and race relations of Alonzo (who almost made me pis# my pants), or the vanilla flavour comedy of Gary ‘the Jew’ Gulman (I converted to Judaism when I was twenty, I may have to vote for him based only on religion, us Jews stick together). Kathleen is so now threatening that I can almost class her as a nonentity, she is giving me nothing here. I’ll just classify her as a possible sleeper. Tammy is hot, so she got that going for her, and I’m not concerning myself with the stupid reality drama she caused and I’m not factoring in her crappy comedy. I only concerned with her hot body and if I’m alone when I‘m watching the show, it’s a toss up. And John, he is a guy I can relate to. Even thou I was the middle child I still had a younger brother, and I too use to kiss ##### with those Christmas rapping tubs. So he has my attention with his youth based family dynamic material. And, if we factor in the wild card vote I’m living in a constant state of conflict.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-21-04, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
i am definitely rooting for john, with alonzo in 2nd (but not a particularly close 2nd). i was laughing out loud at john's set last night. alonzo made me chuckle a little (but not as much as in some of his previous things). i never found corey funny, and i thought his performance was particularly bad.

i'll echo the sentiments above that gary has a few funny jokes and has his looks going for him. he needs to have new material.

and tammy DEFINITELY needs new stuff. you can only laugh at the pesci uncles so many times, ya know.

and kathleen... i don't remember her act at all, although the fact she hasn't been challenged yet make me think the other comedians must like/respect/fear her. so maybe she'll do well.

i predict:
5) tammy
4) gary
3) kathleen
2) alonzo
1) john

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

alonzo was by far the funniest, just as he has always been

corey was by far the unfunniest, just as he has always been <edit to add in my reaction last night on his elimination, although as soon as i saw the dynamic, i knew he'd be going> HELL YEAH! </edit>

john just seemed like he needed his meds. wrapping paper tube jokes = not funny, no matter how hyped up on crack you are while you're making them

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
Ranking them from best to worst:

1. John
2. Alonzo
3. Gary
4. Kathleen (simply because she hasn't been tested yet in this format)
5. Tammy

My prediction for who wins, though:

Gary.

He's the most likable. He's the one who's had the most air time. He's the one the at-home audience was rooting for. Dat Phan had reasons 2 & 3 going for him last season. Gary's following the same track, only he's a much better comedian.

Fester
If it's not Gary, it will be Alonzo. John is a darkhorse. Kathleen and Tammy have virtually no shot. Kathleen because she was MIA during the House period, and Tammy because she was shown as a manipulative bee-yotch.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-21-04, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Random thoughts"
Ranking the final five I'd say its

tossup Alonzo-depends on the audience and his set
tossup John-Ditto
3.Gary probably will be the winner due to his underdog status
4.Kathleen-not too big a fan of her comedy byt she's better than tammy
5.Tammy-Nobody wants another Dat phan

Wildcard
Ant and Bonnie should just stay at home
Jay his preffered audience is too sdophisticated for him to make it back
Corey may make it back if he stops with that same Ghetto joke
Todd should win easily provided that he doesn't screw up his set like at the finals

regardless of whether todd or Corey wins this Id put either one of them fourth

Corey got smoked last nightthough and he thought he wasn't a sidekick(thats a good joke) too bad John didn't get to put out Kathleen that would've been much better. It's ironic trhat both dat phan and Tammy won the same contest just goes to show that ethnic jokes make for better comedy sehows than original ideas.
Ant needs to go away and quit polluting my tv set

Kellar 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-21-04, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kellar Click to send private message to Kellar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Random thoughts"
>Jay his preffered audience is too
>sdophisticated for him to make
>it back

Jay’s audiences are people of Sophistication, case in point me. I’m a very Sophisticated individual and I enjoy Jay’s brand of humour and I guess it’s because both of us are alike in our thought process. Like when I gave my girlfriend crabs I bought her fishnet stockings to and it made all the difference.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-21-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
I agree with the concensus here. Alonzo and John are clearly the best, Gary is a notch behind them, Kathleen's grade is an incomplete. I have liked some of Tammy's material but I haven't seen enough variety from her to rate her as high as the others.

To be honest, I don't really want to see any of the other comics back as I think all of them are inferior to the final five. I am guessing that Jay will be back on a sympathy vote.

"How 'bout a birdy? I got a little birdy right here."

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Thank you Bucky"
for making my reply so easy.

Ditto.

Rooting for John, because he reminds me of my brother, but John, Alonzo or Gary winning would allow me to keep my dinner down.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-04, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
When Tammy won immunity, I just wanted it to work out that Corey would go, because he is by far the weakest of the others. I've seen Kathleen live, and think she's funny, and I've enjoyed the other comics. I'm also glad Gary didn't have to compete last night - after winning 2 head-to-heads, he deserved a free pass when so many of them hadn't even competed at all.

Alonzo and John are my favorites, but a Gary win would be fine with me too.

Have whip, will travel.

galcyclist 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-22-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail galcyclist Click to send private message to galcyclist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What's Up? Is everyone watching Big Brother?"
I was primarily watching BB, but switching over to LCS when BB got boring or obnoxious. Think I ended up actually watching more of LCS.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •