The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-16-06, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
The teams compete in sack races and then we have Beth vs. Montana. Who will be the bitch of The Gauntlet 2. Let's discuss!

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 WTF? volsfan 01-16-06 1
 RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... Fishercat 01-16-06 2
   RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... nazpink 01-17-06 3
   RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... volsfan 01-17-06 4
       RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... nazpink 01-17-06 5
           RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... volsfan 01-17-06 6
               RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... Sonya 01-17-06 7
                   RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... FlowerChild 01-17-06 8
                       RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... nazpink 01-17-06 9
                       RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... volsfan 01-17-06 11
       RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... Fishercat 01-17-06 14
 RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... wendyp 01-17-06 10
 RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... Elaine0 01-17-06 12
   RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... Sonya 01-17-06 13
       RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/1... RuffNeck 01-18-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-16-06, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "WTF?"
Beth is now captain...URGH!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-16-06, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
This could be the greatest thing to happen to the veterans team. Losing Ruthie sucks, no doubt. However, having a mediocre performer and generally negative person in the role is great. You have people who want to knock her out in the Gauntlet. She'll take weak people to make sure she wins, so you lose a weak person either way. You either lose a bad captain or a bad player.

Plus, you get good gauntlets if you need to go, and you know they'll play hard because they don't want someone to risk a reverse tug-of-war against Beth.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-17-06, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
Dare I admit this? Ok, I will. Last night's show really made me get a kick out of Beth. I know she has a major history of being a b!tch and starting trouble, but in all fairness, who there doesn't stir up crap? I thought it was halirious how Beth was deemed the bad guy in the whole Montana situation when Beth was just trying to make a point, and in my opinion Beth was right. If the veterans wanted to sit out the heaviest players Beth would definately be the heaviest for the females with Montana trailing behind. I think Beth was right, Montana just didn't want to do the competition. Beth may be bad but Montana always got on my damn nerves especially during her season of RW, always saying things and doing things she shouldn't have then putting on the innocent face and soft voice to get her way out of trouble. So, poor Ruthie ends up going because she just couldn't be a captain and speak up more, she clearly hasn't been running things as the captain during female guantlets, and the whole team decides to put Beth in the guantlet with her. Big mistake. Ruthie had no chance in hauling Beth's a$$. I do love the part though when Montana decided to come around and try to make up with Beth after Beth won!!!! Sorry Montana, some people know when someone is sucking up and Beth is still going to get ya.

Oh and just when the rookies seem to all be getting along a new alliance accusation starts. I swear these people love to fight and make trouble. I personally, would need a huge amount of Tylenol and a lot of booze to deal with being around these people.

01-17-06, 08:07 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
Do you really think Beth can beat any of the other women on her team? Even if she does do this I don't see her lasting more than a couple of gauntlets. Do you?

01-17-06, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
No, I don't think that Beth could beat all the woman on the team, I do think she has a pretty good chance of going up against Montana. The way I see it, not many of the veteran females are all that athletic so I think Beth has a fair chance. I think the person she really doesn't want to go up against is Julie, because that chick is a fiesty one and doesn't go down without a pretty damn good fight. So, my guess is that Beth will choose Montana to go up against first and will beat her or come close, I don't think she will last long as team captain, I never would have pegged her for even lasting this long. I also think that Robin would be a good contender for her to go up against.

01-17-06, 08:51 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
I think it all depends on the gauntlet but I don't see Beth as one of the strong females on either team. She did perform last night but when it comes to one on one...we will see.

Sonya 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-17-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
What the hell were they thinking? Beth the captain. I love Robin, but they should have sent her to the Gauntlet.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
Oh fer cryin' out loud. I AM SO MAD THAT RUTHIE IS GONE. Stupid stupid Montana. I blame her. For the first time EVER...I actually agreed with Beth. If it was about weight...Beth should've sat out. If I was Beth, I would've been bitching too. THEN for all the rookies to vote Beth in? DUH...they should've voted in Montana...she wouldn't stand a chance against Ruthie. THEN for it to be challengers choice? What are the odds?

It was a priceless moment though when Beth grabbed that flag. I thought a few people were going to fall over. I actually thought Beth might cop out like Cameron...the way she was talking to TJ at the beginning of the mission....I wish she had. Poor Ruthie...she deserved to be there.

Stoopid stoopid Montanta. Nice job trying to kiss Beth's ass.....ya loser.

01-17-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
I had a pretty good feeling that Beth wasn't just going to quit, I think she had a fun time giving hope to her teammates that she was going to just walk away. I think, when given the chance, Beth likes to be theatrical and toy with people.

01-17-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
11. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
The main reason Beth was bitching was because who ever sat out was "immune" from the gauntlet. They couldn't vote for Montana to go against Ruthie.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-17-06, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
As others have said, I think it depends completely on the gauntlet at hand. Unless it is a challenge where weight is either no advantage or disadvantage (I would imagine Capture the Flag could be one. Not sure on the others), I think Beth has a puncher's chance.

I don't think many females, if any, can produce a net force large enough on a surface with little friction to compete against Beth's size. The Reverse Tug should be hers.

The shell game depends a lot on knowledge and size. Beth's prior experience, age, and ability to prevent a person from moving has to be good for her.

The Sumo Ring one (Alton v. Danny), well, yeah, look at what happened with the previous experience. Beth's no Alton, but size is an advantage especially if the opposing girl doesn't know how to use leverage.

We haven't seen any other gauntlets, but of the four we have, there's only one that I wouldn't give Beth even money in: Capture the Flag. Considering I believe there are 8 spots on the wheel, and at least four (Sumo, Shell, Reverse, and Captain's Choice) are fair to Beth, she has a shot. She won't make it to the end unless the veterans make a run (and even then, I wouldn't be surprised if they throw a mission or two to get her off).

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-17-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
Beth is a trouble maker...but last night seh stepped up and did the race. montayna just did not want to risk going in the guantlent. Afterwards she said I did not want the exemption...then she should have said to TJ I do not want it and let them choose.

I hate that Ruthie is gone, but she knew when it was reverse tug a war that she was a gonner. She had a hard time with Jisella and she was helping.

I can not believe Robin stepped up to run and then quite so soon. Ruthie could have done that challenge if they put light people in the carriage. The rookies had an advantage most of their girls are thin.

Should be interesting next week... The way I see it, Beth knows she is going in the guantlent during the woman's challenges, I bet she does not do much for the men challenges to spite the other players.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-17-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
The looks on the veteran's faces when Beth won the guantlet were priceless. Even though they probably figured Beth could beat Ruthie, they were so stunned that she was the new captain. I think the next time the veterans go into a woman's guantlet, they will pick the strongest woman to go against Beth to get her out of there. That is if they don't kill her first. I can imagine her constantly gloating that she is the captain. Could Beth beat Katie? I guess it depends on the challenge. How old is Beth? She was 24 on Real World, however many years ago was that?

How do most people on the show feel about Julie? I didn't think she was very well liked, but she seems to get along with the ones there this time.

On Overdrive Aneesa was saying how much she can't stand Veronica. Can't say I blame her, but how did that come about? She said her and Rachel used to be very close and would talk about Veronica. Now she stays away from Rachel because of their friendship.

Sonya 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-17-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
I missed Overdrive. Beth or Montana one made a comment when Montana was kissing up saying us girls that are 30 kicked butt. So I guess Beth is 30 or more, just like Mark. Heck, I'm 30 and act nothing like these people. I know I could kick their butt. LOL!

RuffNeck 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-18-06, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RuffNeck Click to send private message to RuffNeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 7; 01/16/06: Beth vs. Montana"
> Heck, I'm 30 and
>act nothing like these people.

I'd bet 90% of 5 year olds don't act like these people either.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •