The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
I am sure we will see them drink, drink, drink and then go out for a drink. Let's watch the drama unfold this week. *YAWN*

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... DaveThe Dude 10-04-05 1
   RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... volsfan 10-04-05 2
       RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... DaveThe Dude 10-04-05 3
           RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... volsfan 10-04-05 4
               RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... DaveThe Dude 10-04-05 5
                   RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... volsfan 10-04-05 6
                       RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... DaveThe Dude 10-04-05 7
                           RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... DaveThe Dude 10-05-05 8
                               RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... motormouth 10-06-05 9
 RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... Elaine0 10-07-05 10
   RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... DaveThe Dude 10-07-05 11
       RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Di... DaveThe Dude 10-08-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-04-05, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
Well, they had their little production meeting in the morning. That means that Wes had to force himself to crawl out of bed prior to 5:00pm. In other words, he looks extremely upset. Goodness.

Then, Danny and Mel go to dinner, ignore their pager message, and drink through the time they are supposed to be meeting with the first band to arrive in town. What a crew! All they do is complain while the others are "working." Ugh!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-04-05, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-05 AT 10:04 PM (EST)

Mel bitches that their job sucks. This gets old as most of us would really like these types of jobs and take them seriously.

10-04-05, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
So Danny and Mel blatantly go against orders by their employer and they drink on the job. In fact, they don't just have a drink or two, they POUND the booze like there's no tomorrow. Then, when Mel gets friendly with a few members of the band Danny reacts like a total jerk. I felt bad for him when his mother died, but this kid has the maturity of a drunken 13 year old.

10-04-05, 10:11 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-05 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

I totally agree. I think both of them are very very immature and of course Mel pours on the sexuality and everything will be ok. This gets old...

ETA: Where the fvck did Katie come from?

10-04-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
Yeah, where DID this Katie girl come from? Did I miss an episode along the way?

I got a kick out of the talk that Nehemiah tried to have with Danny and Wes. Nehemiah tries hard to convince our two resident mental midgets that they MUST take this "job" seriously. At the very least, for Heaven's sakes, a vacation is riding on the successful completion of the video. But what does Wes the Einstein say, he says that they have way too much serious partying to do, and THAT is more important than their jobs or any dumb vacation. I think if I were NEhemiah I would be tempted to strangle both of them.

Did Mel just tell Danny "I love you?!?!?" Oh my friggin God, what next?!?

10-04-05, 10:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
Did Mel just tell Danny "I love you?!?!?" Oh my friggin God, what next?!?

Yes yes she did. How sad is that?

How long will it take for the mental midgets to grow up?

10-04-05, 10:48 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
>Did Mel just tell Danny "I
>love you?!?!?" Oh my friggin
>God, what next?!?
>

>
>Yes yes she did. How sad
>is that?
>

I think I am going to puke!

Next week looks promising. Well, maybe it looks vaguely interesting. Hmmm, well, at least Lacey gets busted on tape for spreading trash about her roommates. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll all throw her in the river.

10-05-05, 11:34 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
I'm curious: Back in the days of Real World - Paris, how many people would post here after each episode? I mean, what happened to all the people who used to be here? Was there a little problem with Bubonic Plague or something that I missed along the way? Where'd everybody go?????

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-06-05, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
I cannot answer your question as for who used to post, but for me, I read this forum but find I don't have a lot to add. I do enjoy reading all the commentary by you guys though.

A Nutzy creation

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-07-05, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
I watched the last two episodes and a repeat of the one before that a little earlier and caught up on the messages here. Now I have to give my thoughts.

Wes and Lacey are pathetic. I guess they could apply to other cast members, but those two stick out.

Wes, the super stud of Austin, spends a night alone in the house. Where are all the women knocking down his door? Did he need a break from all the action he's getting? Hardly. He sits at home and waits for Jo to get dumped by Leo so he can go in for the kill. Does he have to wait for a woman to be thrown under a bus before he can scores?

Then there is Lacey. She is so superior to all the others. They are just ignorant, drunken whores. (Ok, maybe she's right on that.) She's wise and pure. Always ready to give advice to her roommates. No nasty sex for our Lacey. Not even any of that nasty dancing where people might bump their naughty parts against you. Ewwwww! This sneak prefers to spy on the others while they have fun all the time complaining about them to her boyfriend or whoever on the phone. Why would she sleep in the same room with Jo & Leo? Yes, she said she would sleep someone else, but she sure didn't hesitate to come back when they said she could stay. You know she was glued to every sound they made. Who wants to bet she was having a little fun herself under the sheets. Then she listens in to Mel's conversation with this Katie person and talks about it to Rachel. She is such a sneak. After watching for the second time I still can't believe Lacey said to Jo, who was calling from jail, that she's lucky she was in jail because she missed the fight the night before. I bet Jo still can't get over her luck. Who wouldn't prefer to spend the night in jail over watching your love sick roommates argue. I hope she gets reamed next week by Rachel. It's time for good on Rach to have another meltdown.

And what's with this job. On San Diego they lost money if they didn't go to work. On Philadelphia they were told they'd be fired if they missed work. If they were fired, they had to go home. So even if they hated their jobs or stayed out all night boozing, they usually made an attempt to actually do the job. This year it seems like they barely work and nothing happens if they don't show up. They get told not to drink on the job and don't even give it a thought before getting trashed later. As Wes said, drinking is more important than a job or a vacation. A vacation? You can't miss one night of drinking to get a free vacation? Someone give him the number of AA or better yet a good kick in the butt.

I really cannot believe these people will not go one night without drinking. How boring is it going to the same bars every night with the same people, then staggering home drunk. Can't they think of anything else to do? Oh yeah, they went to the ranch, but most of them hated that. They didn't like camping. Well, that was hardly camping.

I sometimes get annoyed with Mel and Danny, but do understand their problems. The relationship happened way too fast and neither one of them knows how to fix whatever problems they have. But I do have one question. Danny wants time out with the guys. Mel says that's fine with her. Then why do they have to wind up in the same bar?

Nehemiah is the only sane one.

One other thing that bothers me. It was the beginning of the show where Jo went to jail. Her and Rachel were sitting somewhere and both were wearing coats. Jo even had her furry hood up. Rachel was telling Jo about how she kept arguing with people on the way home the night before and they showed a clip of them with Mel walking home. All of them wore skimpy little tops and no coats. Then that night they of course went out again and were again where skimpy tops. Does Austin reguarly have such drastic temperature changes within a day? The nights should be cooler, right? It didn't make sense.

10-07-05, 09:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
>Wes and Lacey are pathetic.
>I guess they could apply
>to other cast members, but
>those two stick out.
>
>
You said it all, sister!

10-08-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 16 Discussion 10/04/05"
Well, I've been thinking about the Real World show and how it has gone from being fairly interesting and with lots of promise to what it is now: A boring and predictable show with cast members that are chosen for (mostly) all the wrong reasons. If the show is going to survive for any length of time after this year, then I think that many of the people who direct, produce, and administrate this show need to be fired - or at least re-assigned.
Each season we have new cast members but in some ways they are just re-treads of earlier cast members. MTV obviously has worked out a kind of formula for who they want on the show, and I think THAT needs to change.
The worst mistake, as Elaine points out, is that their "job" for this season - if you wish to call it that - is a joke. These people really are like a bunch of Welfare bums that get subsidized for not working, and then the camera is supposed to record the trouble they get into when they have way too much time on their hands. Notice that these clowns drink at the same bars every night, and then usually sleep past noon every day. Just like people who spend large parts of their lives on Welfare, our RW cast in Austin has no work ethic, they are lazy, their morals and attitudes are ridiculously scewered, they spend too much of their time getting or recovering from being intoxicated, and they lead nonotonous, non-productive lives. This is not the Real World as most of us know it, but rather a sick parody of Welfare life.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •