The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Orleans Real World House"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

rwgal 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-31-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rwgal Click to send private message to rwgal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Orleans Real World House"
Because of the devastation to the New Orleans area...I was wondering if anyone knew the status of the Real World House in New Orleans along St. Charles Avenue. If Bunim-Murray is going to plan to release some type of statement about the area due to the fact that their production took place there.

Thanks!

1-800-HELP-NOW

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Orleans Real World House blushgal 09-15-05 1
   RE: New Orleans Real World House reality_rockz 09-18-05 2
       RE: New Orleans Real World House DaveThe Dude 09-18-05 3
 RE: New Orleans Real World House GeorjiB 09-27-05 4
   RE: New Orleans Real World House MochaJavaGirlie 10-15-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

blushgal 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-05, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blushgal Click to send private message to blushgal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Orleans Real World House"
I know, I was hoping they would just air the NEW ORLEANS season.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

reality_rockz 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-05, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reality_rockz Click to send private message to reality_rockz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Orleans Real World House"
i was thinking the same thing. i wonder if the some of the ex-room-mates are helping out with the relief?

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-18-05, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Orleans Real World House"
That's a good idea. Maybe they should re-air the New Orleans saeason - which I have never seen. Maybe they could do a 30 minute show on the RW house and the neighborhood, just to show what has happened to that area during the recent catastrophe.

Is there any way we can convey this to MTV? I mean, it would be nice to see some of the older RW seasons. Since the flood, I bet alot of people would like to see that season. Maybe MTV could show, after each episode, what a particular neighborhood looked like then, and what it looks like now after the mess.

GeorjiB 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-27-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorjiB Click to send private message to GeorjiB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Orleans Real World House"
I was also wondering on the status of the house after Katrina/Rita!? I read on a website that the house was in an area that had faired better than other places.

MochaJavaGirlie 8 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MochaJavaGirlie Click to send private message to MochaJavaGirlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Orleans Real World House"
Hi, I read Melissa from RW New Orleans Blog.
www.princessmelissa.com

This is what she had to say about that.
New Orleans
Sep 02 2005

I never know how exactly to go about posting a message like this…

I tried contacting my friend Lionel Milton for days, with no response. For those of you that didn't follow Real World New Orleans, Lionel Milton is an artist friend of mine that I met there. We've maintained a friendship over the years.

I started to go insane when I couldn't reach him and finally I got a hold of him ten minutes ago.

He was in Lafayette. He’s on his way now to Texas and then he’s getting on a plane to New York. I told him he can stay with me and J.

He lost everything. All of his artwork. His house. His car. It’s gone.

In my limited conversation with him, he said he’s just happy to be safe and dry.

I asked him if there was any place specifically in New Orleans that he’d like me to mention on the site.

Lionel sent me this message that he’d like people to understand:

“That's the helpless part. There is no direct NOLA spot to make sure the
refugees get this stuff NOW!

For now direct them to the Red Cross. But what is most important is to
educate people on the inhuman desperate situation my hometown folks
are in. Let them know these are people from an unfair educational and
social system that crippled their efforts to evacuate our city.

Let them know these are poor people that have been treated like third world citizens and now it became 200,000 times worst. They are homeless, hungry, thirsty, tired and broken. AND THAT WAS BEFORE THE STORM.

Ask yourself what would you do without food, water, shelter and death all
around you? And there is no hope.

There was a young girl who gave birth to twins under the overpass yesterday. Because of the conditions, of not even the basics, she lost them both. She may die soon too from stress and lack of basic needs like food, water, shelter.

New Orleans has offered so many cultural influences to the world – jazz, blues, Mardi Gras, Voodoo Fest, Jazz Fest, but that is overlooked. Did you even know that the state of Louisiana provides 25% of the US’s oil?

New Orleans citizens are NOT violent looters. They are 2005 third world
refugees in a first class America. Over 70% are black and they have shown us that we have never and will never be true citizens of a nation we helped to build. Even to our death as it inhumanly plays out for the world to see.

They are sending in thousands of troops to maintain a no tolerance for
the looting. Ask yourself this, will each officer have a water bottle
and sandwich for a possible refugee? But there is no doubt they will have a bullet if we get out of line. Ya feel me?”

Listen to the mayor of New Orleans by cutting and pasting this into your browser:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/audio/national/NAGIN_AUDIO.mp3

There is a survivor assistance forum where you can post information relating to family and friends in need. Go here:

http://katrinasurvivors.pepie.com/

Go here for a list of phone numbers set up for cash donations and volunteer services:

http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=18473

Also, there is a temple in Baton Rouge that is helping refugees but they need the following supplies:

diapers, baby bottles, children and adult tshirts, underwear, sneakers, socks, toiletries, dolls, toys and children's DVDs (anything to distract the children from boredom and fear)

You can send those items to:

RABBI BARRY
B'Nai Israel
3354 Kleinert Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70806

As you know, you can make cash donations to the American Red Cross by dialing

1 800 HELP NOW

You can donate through the Salvation Army as well by dialing

1 800 SAL ARMY

If you are on Long Island, the Salvation Army here is accepting donations locally.

You can call 516 747 4902.

If you are a part of an organization here in New York, Long Island or otherwise, that is putting together an effort and you can use my help maybe somehow, please email me as well.

The benefit at The Downtown on Long Island is tentatively set for Sunday, September 11. When I get more details about the bands and the times, I'll post them.

Thank you.

Updated by: Melissa

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •