The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Millionaire Forum (Protected)
Original message

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-27-03, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Spoilers inside...

I thought it might be fun to start a thread where we pick on David for his lying skills in the capacity of convincing these girls that he is, in fact, a millionaire.

Blatantly stealing from Survivor Bashers, we will call this the JM Gufus. Yay.

Tonight's episode: I nominate the fact that he said he flew the horse over to be pretty hella dumb. I also nominate the fact that he picked up that bench way up over his head and plopped it down another stupid thing to do if you want to convince people you have servants doting on your every need.

Your turn.

- loves to hate this show

ps - I may have to drop this show because I don't think I'm part of the target demographics. The commercial for Hokey Pokey Elmo followed by Annoying Dancing Barney really made me question why I was seated in front of the TV during this program at all.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... Tiger Lily 10-27-03 1
 RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... Angelfood 10-27-03 2
   RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... ginger 10-28-03 3
 RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... Chrissy gal 10-28-03 4
   RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... Swami 10-28-03 5
 RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... jkokoj 10-28-03 6
   RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... ginger 10-28-03 7
       RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... jkokoj 10-28-03 9
       RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... lroy 10-28-03 13
 RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... love2smile 10-28-03 8
 RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... rose 10-28-03 10
   As far as I know moonbaby 10-28-03 11
       RE: As far as I know rose 10-28-03 12
 RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... Ahtumbreez 10-29-03 14
   RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... motorkitty 10-29-03 15
       RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... ginger 10-29-03 16
 RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus... Guppin1234 10-29-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-27-03, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
"I nominate the fact that he said he flew the horse over to be pretty hella dumb."
I second this motion.

2nd on my list: when he said "Holland. That's where they wear the wooden shoes, right?" yet again. Didn't he already confirm this with Sir Paul last week? (Not that this would necessarily make them suspicious, but it sure as hell was a dumb thing to say.)

Sentence first. Verdict afterwards.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-27-03, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Of course, I agree with the 2 biggies above.

But can I shamelessly add:
Choosing Lina and Olinda and Alessia to give a necklace to?

Maybe the producers asked him to keep them so they would have some Drama Queens for a while.
Muahahaha.

Evil Queen in Disguise

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Well, he 86d one potential biotch but kept another. I hope all the cats grow claws. Not really interested in seeing a European Zora/Cinderella type emerge (e.g., "I've never been given a pearl necklace before"). My "favorite" (or the one that made the best snarklevision) was the nasty one who grabbed all the dresses and spoke bad French last year.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-28-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
>>ps - I may have to drop this show because I don't think I'm part of the target demographics. The commercial for Hokey Pokey Elmo followed by Annoying Dancing Barney really made me question why I was seated in front of the TV during this program at all.<<

I read your post before I watched the show. I pointed out the ads to my husband. We both thought that someone made a mistake and will be in trouble for putting the commercials on the wrong show. It was really funny though!!

GUFUs
1 - Not having the "ball" in a place where they could mingle better. All the girls just sat there!

2- Not having them dance to some American Country Music.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Yeah, the whole show is a gufu, but what the hell kind of dancing was that they did? The Minuet? Okay--I don't go to balls much (actually--never) but no one I know dances like that! Is there, like, a name for it?

IceCat is a Genius

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-03, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Out of pure curiosity I watched this show last night. WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME! Whew glad I got THAT out.

Does this Joe remind anyone of Woody Harelson on Cheers? And these cheesy woman from Sweden, Holland, etc.?! WTF? Those women are ridiculous!

I will have to say that nothing about this show made me want to watch again.

10-28-03, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
It's a trainwreck all right. But it fills my need to have a really really bad show on Fox in my "reality" lineup.

I think we should have put Nailbone up for this job. I'm sure he can hoist an ottoman just as high above his head as Vaqero Ho Smith. And he has a very nice smile.

Assumes NB would not be adverse to being surrounded by scantily clad women with accents.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
LOL I am sure NB would comply. Maybe we should nominate him next round!
Not sure his wife would like that though!

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-03, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
>It's a trainwreck all right.
>But it fills my need
>to have a really really
>bad show on Fox in
>my "reality" lineup.

I second that! My DF is like, "what the f*%K?" when i tuned in. i told him that now that PHo is done i needed some trash TV to round out my television watching. I can only get so far on Curb Appeal, House Hunters, & Survivor.

~lroy

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-28-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
LOL Yea......that WAS dumb. That's why he can't lie. Your brain has to think quick in the situation he's in, and he just can't do it! I think he's very cute, but BOY! He is dumber than a doorknob! lol

rose 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-28-03, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Is this on right now???? I'm in ET, and it doesn't come on until 8, I thought. am i missing it? argghhhhhhh....

a wonderful kyngsladye original

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "As far as I know"
it isn't on yet, rose.

Is this guy too soft-hearted for this show? Whopper lies are part of the deal and he is already having a HUGE problem with it. I find it refreshing to have someone on a reality show who can't lie! God help me, I think I might *heart* this Joe because of it!

*dons the hair shirt*

rose 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-28-03, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: As far as I know"
Good, wouldn't want to miss a chance to slam the doof and his looovely women. (said with much sarcasm)

a wonderful kyngsladye original

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-03, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
I was disappointed they didn't have the girls fight over the dresses, as they did in the first one. That was an entertaining episode in Joe1, I can't imagine how bad it would have been with these girls.

TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original

motorkitty 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-29-03, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motorkitty Click to send private message to motorkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Didn't he tell the first group of girls on their date that he had never been to Europe, and then he told the second group that he had been to Paris to visit friends once before? I think he's going to blow it. I think that these girls are already thinking that something is "fishy"........and he is not smart enough to make up good lies--------he flew his horse over---INDEED!!!

10-29-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Can't decide if it's an inability to lie, or a lack of wit enough to lie. Vaqueros Ho is not the sharpest spur in the stable.

PAUL (quizzing Lil Buckaroo for practice): Is your uncle still living?

VAQUEROS HO: Yessir.

PAUL: But didn't he leave you $80 million?

VH: (blink) (blink)

PAUL: Because that would seem to imply YOUR UNCLE IS DEAD, NIMROD!

Okay, this is not an exact transcription. But you catch my drift, pardners.

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-29-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Can you imagine David in the bedroom? "Those are your boobs, right?

"ps - I may have to drop this show because I don't think I'm part of the target demographics. The commercial for Hokey Pokey Elmo followed by Annoying Dancing Barney really made me question why I was seated in front of the TV during this program at all."

Good one. Actually, I think the advertisers were doing a parody on FOX TV executives and David. When David has sex, they refer to it as Hokey Pokey. And the post production party is called "Let's all go down to the Dancing BARNey.

Sarcasm is not
a crime!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •