URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID47
Thread Number: 124
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""

Posted by cqvenus on 10-27-03 at 09:41 PM
Spoilers inside...

I thought it might be fun to start a thread where we pick on David for his lying skills in the capacity of convincing these girls that he is, in fact, a millionaire.

Blatantly stealing from Survivor Bashers, we will call this the JM Gufus. Yay.

Tonight's episode: I nominate the fact that he said he flew the horse over to be pretty hella dumb. I also nominate the fact that he picked up that bench way up over his head and plopped it down another stupid thing to do if you want to convince people you have servants doting on your every need.

Your turn.

- loves to hate this show

ps - I may have to drop this show because I don't think I'm part of the target demographics. The commercial for Hokey Pokey Elmo followed by Annoying Dancing Barney really made me question why I was seated in front of the TV during this program at all.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Next Joe Millionaire "Gufus""
Posted by Tiger Lily on 10-27-03 at 10:15 PM
"I nominate the fact that he said he flew the horse over to be pretty hella dumb."
I second this motion.

2nd on my list: when he said "Holland. That's where they wear the wooden shoes, right?" yet again. Didn't he already confirm this with Sir Paul last week? (Not that this would necessarily make them suspicious, but it sure as hell was a dumb thing to say.)

Sentence first. Verdict afterwards.

Posted by Angelfood on 10-27-03 at 11:21 PM
Of course, I agree with the 2 biggies above.

But can I shamelessly add:
Choosing Lina and Olinda and Alessia to give a necklace to?

Maybe the producers asked him to keep them so they would have some Drama Queens for a while.
Muahahaha.

Evil Queen in Disguise

Posted by ginger on 10-28-03 at 11:46 AM
Well, he 86d one potential biotch but kept another. I hope all the cats grow claws. Not really interested in seeing a European Zora/Cinderella type emerge (e.g., "I've never been given a pearl necklace before"). My "favorite" (or the one that made the best snarklevision) was the nasty one who grabbed all the dresses and spoke bad French last year.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 10-28-03 at 11:56 AM
>>ps - I may have to drop this show because I don't think I'm part of the target demographics. The commercial for Hokey Pokey Elmo followed by Annoying Dancing Barney really made me question why I was seated in front of the TV during this program at all.<<

I read your post before I watched the show. I pointed out the ads to my husband. We both thought that someone made a mistake and will be in trouble for putting the commercials on the wrong show. It was really funny though!!

GUFUs
1 - Not having the "ball" in a place where they could mingle better. All the girls just sat there!

2- Not having them dance to some American Country Music.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Posted by Swami on 10-28-03 at 01:34 PM
Yeah, the whole show is a gufu, but what the hell kind of dancing was that they did? The Minuet? Okay--I don't go to balls much (actually--never) but no one I know dances like that! Is there, like, a name for it?

IceCat is a Genius

Posted by jkokoj on 10-28-03 at 02:28 PM
Out of pure curiosity I watched this show last night. WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME! Whew glad I got THAT out.

Does this Joe remind anyone of Woody Harelson on Cheers? And these cheesy woman from Sweden, Holland, etc.?! WTF? Those women are ridiculous!

I will have to say that nothing about this show made me want to watch again.

Posted by ginger on 10-28-03 at 03:46 PM
It's a trainwreck all right. But it fills my need to have a really really bad show on Fox in my "reality" lineup.

I think we should have put Nailbone up for this job. I'm sure he can hoist an ottoman just as high above his head as Vaqero Ho Smith. And he has a very nice smile.

Assumes NB would not be adverse to being surrounded by scantily clad women with accents.

Posted by jkokoj on 10-28-03 at 05:03 PM
LOL I am sure NB would comply. Maybe we should nominate him next round!
Not sure his wife would like that though!

Posted by lroy on 10-28-03 at 11:28 PM
>It's a trainwreck all right.
>But it fills my need
>to have a really really
>bad show on Fox in
>my "reality" lineup.

I second that! My DF is like, "what the f*%K?" when i tuned in. i told him that now that PHo is done i needed some trash TV to round out my television watching. I can only get so far on Curb Appeal, House Hunters, & Survivor.

~lroy

Posted by love2smile on 10-28-03 at 04:17 PM
LOL Yea......that WAS dumb. That's why he can't lie. Your brain has to think quick in the situation he's in, and he just can't do it! I think he's very cute, but BOY! He is dumber than a doorknob! lol

Posted by rose on 10-28-03 at 07:04 PM
Is this on right now???? I'm in ET, and it doesn't come on until 8, I thought. am i missing it? argghhhhhhh....

a wonderful kyngsladye original

"As far as I know"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-28-03 at 07:24 PM
it isn't on yet, rose.

Is this guy too soft-hearted for this show? Whopper lies are part of the deal and he is already having a HUGE problem with it. I find it refreshing to have someone on a reality show who can't lie! God help me, I think I might *heart* this Joe because of it!

*dons the hair shirt*

"RE: As far as I know"
Posted by rose on 10-28-03 at 07:26 PM
Good, wouldn't want to miss a chance to slam the doof and his looovely women. (said with much sarcasm)

a wonderful kyngsladye original

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-29-03 at 08:06 AM
I was disappointed they didn't have the girls fight over the dresses, as they did in the first one. That was an entertaining episode in Joe1, I can't imagine how bad it would have been with these girls.

TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original

Posted by motorkitty on 10-29-03 at 12:42 PM
Didn't he tell the first group of girls on their date that he had never been to Europe, and then he told the second group that he had been to Paris to visit friends once before? I think he's going to blow it. I think that these girls are already thinking that something is "fishy"........and he is not smart enough to make up good lies--------he flew his horse over---INDEED!!!

Posted by ginger on 10-29-03 at 01:31 PM
Can't decide if it's an inability to lie, or a lack of wit enough to lie. Vaqueros Ho is not the sharpest spur in the stable.

PAUL (quizzing Lil Buckaroo for practice): Is your uncle still living?

VAQUEROS HO: Yessir.

PAUL: But didn't he leave you $80 million?

VH: (blink) (blink)

PAUL: Because that would seem to imply YOUR UNCLE IS DEAD, NIMROD!

Okay, this is not an exact transcription. But you catch my drift, pardners.

Posted by Guppin1234 on 10-29-03 at 02:21 PM
Can you imagine David in the bedroom? "Those are your boobs, right?

"ps - I may have to drop this show because I don't think I'm part of the target demographics. The commercial for Hokey Pokey Elmo followed by Annoying Dancing Barney really made me question why I was seated in front of the TV during this program at all."

Good one. Actually, I think the advertisers were doing a parody on FOX TV executives and David. When David has sex, they refer to it as Hokey Pokey. And the post production party is called "Let's all go down to the Dancing BARNey.

Sarcasm is not
a crime!