The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Has Deal or No Deal jumped the shark?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Has Deal or No Deal jumped the shark?"
The series started out as a mega-hot hit. Such a simple concept and potential payday. Howie Mandel is simply marvelous and of course the briefcase gals are delish...

But now the producers have gone -- what can I say -- a wee bit ga ga.

It started last week, (or was it the week before?) with the gal who went around collecting cans for college funds -- and what does she get as her first offer -- a boat-load of cans. Then they dress up the set in all lime green --
This week it's another special offer -- the guy likes beer, so what's his offer? A lifetime supply of rootbeer.

Get back to what got you on top -- simple greed. Forget the cutes!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Has Deal or No Deal jumped the ... Snidget 11-28-06 1
 RE: Has Deal or No Deal jumped the ... Bebo 11-28-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-06, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Has Deal or No Deal jumped the shark?"
Haven't watched it lately, but I think all these game shows jump the shark pretty much as soon as they move out of a "for one week only" mode to being a part of the regular lineup.

You can never again recapture the excitement or ratings that you got for the show during that week, but they always try to see if they can toss something, anything, in to make people tune back in.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-06, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Has Deal or No Deal jumped the shark?"
Well, there may be some debate on whether this belongs on the Reality or Non-Reality forum, but since there's been a discussion going on in the Reality forum for quite some time, I'll lock this as a duplicate and send folks over there.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •