URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 647
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Has Deal or No Deal jumped the shark?"

Posted by Molaholic on 11-28-06 at 03:29 PM
The series started out as a mega-hot hit. Such a simple concept and potential payday. Howie Mandel is simply marvelous and of course the briefcase gals are delish...

But now the producers have gone -- what can I say -- a wee bit ga ga.

It started last week, (or was it the week before?) with the gal who went around collecting cans for college funds -- and what does she get as her first offer -- a boat-load of cans. Then they dress up the set in all lime green --
This week it's another special offer -- the guy likes beer, so what's his offer? A lifetime supply of rootbeer.

Get back to what got you on top -- simple greed. Forget the cutes!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Has Deal or No Deal jumped the shark?"
Posted by Snidget on 11-28-06 at 08:25 PM
Haven't watched it lately, but I think all these game shows jump the shark pretty much as soon as they move out of a "for one week only" mode to being a part of the regular lineup.

You can never again recapture the excitement or ratings that you got for the show during that week, but they always try to see if they can toss something, anything, in to make people tune back in.

"RE: Has Deal or No Deal jumped the shark?"
Posted by Bebo on 11-28-06 at 09:24 PM
Well, there may be some debate on whether this belongs on the Reality or Non-Reality forum, but since there's been a discussion going on in the Reality forum for quite some time, I'll lock this as a duplicate and send folks over there.