The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Book of Daniel"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-07-06, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Book of Daniel"
Did anyone else watch? What did you think? I watched but just want to know what everyone else thought.

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Book of Daniel bigrock 01-07-06 1
   RE: The Book of Daniel volsfan 01-08-06 3
 RE: The Book of Daniel DooWahDitty 01-07-06 2
   RE: The Book of Daniel volsfan 01-08-06 4
       RE: The Book of Borrring! foonermints 01-09-06 5
 RE: The Book of Daniel Tahj 01-09-06 6
   RE: The Book of Daniel foonermints 01-09-06 7
       RE: The Book of Daniel Tahj 01-10-06 11
           RE: The Book of Borrring foonermints 01-14-06 12
   RE: The Book of Daniel volsfan 01-09-06 8
       RE: The Book of Daniel Tahj 01-10-06 10
 RE: The Book of Daniel Snidget 01-10-06 9
 RE: The Book of Daniel jkokoj 01-14-06 13
   RE: The Book of Daniel volsfan 01-15-06 14
 RE: The Book of Daniel Hoobie 01-25-06 15
 So how is this show shaping up? DooWahDitty 01-25-06 16
   Shaping up, not so well Snidget 01-25-06 17
       RE: Shaping up, not so well Tahj 01-26-06 19
 RE: The Book of Daniel freespiritginny 01-26-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bigrock 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-07-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bigrock Click to send private message to bigrock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
I DVR'D it, Not bad, the sister in law was very annoying.

I AIN'T SKEERED!?!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-08-06, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
I didn't much like the sister-in-law either but I think she has an interesting story.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-07-06, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
I tried to watch for your sake vols to see what the hoopla was about, but it was boring. And I like Aidan and Ellen. Could it be that the original material was ok but the screenwriting didn't do the story justice.

01-08-06, 09:02 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
Well, I can't put my finger on it but in a way it was boring to me but then I look back at it and there was alot of stuff happened.

I told my best friend that it was terrible and then I started telling him everything that happened and I ended up telling him it was interesting. He thought I had lost my mind and maybe I have but there is something that is bringing me back to it.

The part of me that says it was terrible is the part that it was just over the top and that is also the part that I find interesting. Almost like what type of wreck will happen next. I don't know if that makes sense because I think I am at a loss of words (for once).

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Book of Borrring!"
Yes, Yes It Was. I tried watching. I tried watching the tape. God Knows I tried. Failed miserably.

Guess I'll go back listening to organ music. Bleh, but at least it's over in 639 years. That may be rip-roaring excitement compared to this show.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-09-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
I watched. I liked the second episode better than the first. It has some potential but definitely needs to improve.

The gay guy, Christian Campbell is hot. Did anyone see him Reefer Madness? He's Neve's brother.

The Japanese guy is a cutie too.

Moves courtesy of Syren

01-09-06, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
Was that the original? I saw that one in school, but I don't remember the actors.

01-10-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-06 AT 12:26 PM (EST)

No, the musical is based on the original.

Moves courtesy of Syren

01-14-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Book of Borrring"
God! I'm getting old.

01-09-06, 10:34 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
Christian Campbell is hot but I didn't see Reefer Madness. Do I need to see Reefer Madness?

01-10-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
Vols, you DEFINITELY need to see Reefer Madness. There is a musical number where he is covered only by a fig leaf. It's well worth it! I tried to find a shot of it on the web but no luck.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-06 AT 09:14 AM (EST)

Watched it on the DVR last night.

Here is my main issue with the show. Did anyone else feel like the show played more like a mid-season lets catch the viewer up on all the plot twists (like Lost or Desparate Housewives both do) rather than a first episode of a show.

It's like the writer sat down and said I have 36 plot twists, I expect to be canceled by show 3-6 so I need to put in 6 of these every hour so I get them all in before the show goes off the air.

It made it hard to care about any of the people or any of the plot twists as there was no main plot that got twisted. It was like each segment of the show could have been a whole episode, but they didn't have the attention span for writing all those different episodes, so they just did a plot twist summary.

I think the all plot twist moment, with very little else could get very old, very fast.

While there were quite a few moments I did like, but maybe not enough to overcome the plot twist summary writing style.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

ETF: redundancy

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-06, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
I tried to watch this show but didn't really get it. I thought it was boring and slow and just a remix of things already out there.

01-15-06, 08:26 AM (EST)
14. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
I thought it was boring and slow

Did we watch the same show? As someone mentioned above...it was so packed full of plot twists it was hard to keep up with (IMHO). Boring and slow? Really?

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-25-06, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
Unbelievable. Well, I guess not really. Who would put a show on Friday nights at 10pm, and not expect it to fail?

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-25-06, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "So how is this show shaping up?"
The promos bait viewers with zany comedy.... is this actually the case? Does this show have a chance? (Despite the late Friday night slot.)

syg by Cyg

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Shaping up, not so well"
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18228,00.html

at least it lasted longer than Emily's reasons why not.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

01-26-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Shaping up, not so well"
I hate network TV.

Moves courtesy of Syren

freespiritginny 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-26-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail freespiritginny Click to send private message to freespiritginny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Book of Daniel"
I think it is a shame to cancel the show so soon.....how could it have time to get a fan base. My husband & I watched part of the 2 shows they showed around here and it had potential!!!
The last time I checked we were in the U.S. with all our freedoms.....yeah right....if you don't like a show...no one is forcing you to watch it....change the channel. Most of you probably have cable anyway, so there are plenty of channels to choose from. I, personally, think NBC should give it a chance.
It was based on the real world, filled with problems, drugs, sexuality choices, etc. It at least had something to do with things in the real world that most families face at one time or another, as well as, spirituality. It is a shame, as I feel this is a form of censorship, and one more step toward losing more of our freedoms. We should always have the right to choose in any situation.
Wishing peace, prosperity and happiness to us all during this Holiday Season. May the New Year-2006-bring our Soldiers home (finally) and provide us with the above 3 things.
Free Spirit Ginny

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •