The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Dreams"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-27-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Dreams"
Any other fans out there besides me??? I was beyond upset when I found out that NBC had cancelled this show. It was one of the only shows you could watch without wondering what crud they were going to show. It was a nice, clean, family show... Maybe that's why it didn't stick... Nowadays, the more clothes that are taken off, the more profanity, the better the ratings...

--Donna :~)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Dreams sammyboy22 07-28-05 1
 RE: American Dreams janisella 07-31-05 2
   RE: American Dreams photokitty 08-21-05 3
       RE: American Dreams DonnaLynn 08-27-05 4
 RE: American Dreams susang 11-28-05 5
 RE: American Dreams mrc 11-29-05 6
   RE: American Dreams sammyboy22 12-10-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-28-05, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Dreams"
That was a good show. I watched the first season pretty regularly but, I didn't stay consistent. I watched it with my dad who lived through what was happening on this show and it became like our Sunday night ritual... It didn't last very long and we just kind of quit watching it. There were some pretty good talented actors and actresses on that show. Although and this doesnt really mean anything but, the man who played the dad on that show had the UGLIEST most penis looking nose that i have ever seen on a person!!! it was crazy.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Dreams"
I knew when they started moving it around that it was going to be axed.

What confuses me is: everyone I know watched it, so why weren't the ratings higher?

I did hear somewhere that it was an expensive show to do, maybe that was the real reason.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-21-05, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Dreams"
This was a great show. I liked that it showed many different experiences of the 60's--Bandstand, civil rights, anti-war protests, underground music scene, the soldiers point of view, etc. It really was excellent. *sigh* I wonder what the writers had in mind for Meg as she drove off on the back of that motorcycle...

As far as ratings go, I have never met or heard of anyone who had a Neilsen Box or Diary for ratings reporting. I have read some things about the system, and it sure does seem flawed to me.

I can only hope that as more households get Tivo, that becomes the standard used for ratings.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: American Dreams"
Unfortunately ratings are flawed and always will be until every single person with a T.V. is monitored. I worked in radio for a long time and we depended on Arbitron ratings as who was "the best" 2 times a year. I have personally never gotten an Arbitron diary and don't know anyone that has, but those ratings can actually make or break a radio station. The ratings systems are so flawed.

I wonder why this show was so expensive to make? I loved watching the stars of today impersonate a 60's star on Bandstand. What a fantastic show which will be sorely missed.

http://www.geocities.com/craftscrochetnmore/index.htm

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-28-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: American Dreams"
Although I didn't watch AD on a regular basis, I appreciated that the show tackled issues of importance during the 60s. The re-creations of Dusty Springfield and Nancy Sinatra were great.
Excellent soundtrack!

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: American Dreams"
I think Meg is now on Nip/Tuck. She looks kind of Gothy.

A Slice of Us for the Rest of Us!

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-10-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: American Dreams"
yeah. She is a big racist. It is like the total 180 for her. I will be interested to see how she does on the show. What I have seen so far she is pretty good.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •