The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CSI Miami in New York"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-18-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CSI Miami in New York"
OK, does anyone else tune in to "CSI: Miami" just to see David "So Bad He's Good" Caruso and his mannerisms? The choreography of the sunglasses, the unusually placed pauses between words, the ultra-sensitive personal interest in the victim's loved ones? Not to mention his god-like ability to walk up to any other person working on the case and make *just* the right suggestion or observation that allows them to move forward. No one else would get anything done if not for "H"!

Hubby and I actually laughed out loud last night, though, after his initial exchange with Gary Sinise. To introduce the new "CSI: New York", we were asked to believe that he could walk right into a crime scene (that the other, local folks had just been dismissed from), present himself as CSI Miami, and gain access to all info and be included. No credentials, no questions asked. He could just up and leave Florida, fly up there without apparently letting any of the New Yorkers know he was coming, with the intent of knocking on the door of his suspect, alone. It was just too funny! Oh, and the dialogue? Not at all stilted. (/sarcasm)

But, hey, be sure to watch "CSI: New York"! It's different than Las Vegas and Miami! For instance, although their crime scenes seem to be no better lit than the other two locations, their lab is actually very bright, and the techs and CSI wear white lab coats! Sure, they've got the standard-issue tank top on underneath, but still... Yes, they're all as good-looking as usual, and they make even worse puns and plays on words, (all in good fun while discussing victims of hideous murders, dontchaknow) - but they BAG the DBs hands and print them back at the lab, rather than printing them on the scene! It's this kind of fascinating detail that will make the New York edition unique.

dangerkitty

Though I admit, I have a hard time watching the CSIs much because of the gore factor...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CSI Miami in New York Bebo 05-18-04 1
   RE: CSI Miami in New York miamicatt 05-18-04 2
       RE: CSI Miami in New York dangerkitty 05-18-04 11
           RE: CSI Miami in New York SurvivorBlows 05-19-04 14
 RE: CSI Miami in New York littlemisssmartypants 05-18-04 3
 RE: CSI Miami in New York dabo 05-18-04 4
   RE: CSI Miami in New York Bebo 05-18-04 5
       RE: CSI Miami in New York dabo 05-18-04 6
           RE: CSI Miami in New York Bebo 05-18-04 7
               RE: CSI Miami in New York KScott 05-18-04 8
               RE: CSI Miami in New York miamicatt 05-20-04 15
       RE: CSI Miami in New York dangerkitty 05-18-04 9
           RE: CSI Miami in New York Bebo 05-18-04 10
   RE: CSI Miami in New York miamicatt 05-20-04 16
   New York trigirl 05-26-04 19
   RE: CSI Miami in New York woeisme1 08-03-04 23
       RE: CSI Miami in New York nailbone 09-24-04 32
 RE: CSI Miami in New York buckeyegirl 05-18-04 12
   RE: CSI Miami in New York dabo 05-18-04 13
   RE: CSI Miami in New York PagongRatEater 05-26-04 18
 RE: CSI Miami in New York Loree 05-25-04 17
   RE: CSI Miami in New York Swami 05-26-04 20
       Yeah Swami trigirl 06-09-04 21
 RE: CSI New York PagongRatEater 08-03-04 22
   RE: CSI New York cqvenus 08-05-04 24
   RE: CSI New York trigirl 08-16-04 25
 Miami Hype dabo 08-20-04 26
   RE: Miami Hype Loree 08-25-04 27
       RE: Miami Hype dabo 09-22-04 28
           RE: Miami Hype Singsing 09-22-04 29
               RE: Miami Hype miamicatt 09-23-04 31
               RE: Miami Hype HeywasupBoop 12-08-05 38
           RE: Miami Hype samboohoo 09-22-04 30
 RE: CSI Miami in New York nailbone 09-24-04 33
 Another show from New York Surveysez 09-26-04 34
 RE: CSI Miami in New York willinCal 11-22-05 35
   RE: CSI Miami in New York okaychatt 12-05-05 36
       RE: CSI Miami in New York HeywasupBoop 12-08-05 39
 RE: CSI Miami in New York HeywasupBoop 12-08-05 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
I just wanted Gary Sinise to turn to him and say, "Didn't you used to work with Sipowitz?"

*hearts* Gary Sinise

Have whip, will travel.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
I *heart* Gary too.

But how funny was the ending? Of course we had to have the standard "H putting on his sunglasses" ending but what was with the "he was there and now he's gone" ghost behavior? Silly...

Kick-a$$ new sig by JSlice!

05-18-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
what was with the "he was there and now he's gone" ghost behavior?

I think it's part of the "god-like" thing. Like he just dropped in from the heavens to help them solve their case in record time (of course, it was nice of the killer to leave his plane ticket jacket with the address written on it in his top drawer, and a multitude of bloody fingerprints) - then POOF! He's gone! Was he really here, or was it just a dream? Who was that masked, er, sunglassed, man?

And of course, Sinise was about to give him credit for his invaluable help. And "H" doesn't want credit. He....just wants to know.......that the crime.....has been solved. And his promises..............Kept.

<cue the sunglasses>

POOF!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
>what was with the "he was
>there and now he's gone"
>ghost behavior?

What do you mean -- all the superheroes do that...

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who found the NYC crime scene walk-in absurd

-SB

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-18-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
I could only do the dialogue justice if you could hear me right now.....it was so funny to hear them speak to each other in their low, gravelly, very serious voices. You'd think they might shake the format up a bit. The head is always a man, the second in command is a woman, the lab geek, and the balck ME.
Try something new!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
Rats, I missed it! Much as I like Sinise, I think NYC is saturated with crime dramas right now, we really need one set in Honolulu.

05-18-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
I should work for CBS. How's this for an idea for the next CSI?

CSI: Honolulu starring Taye Diggs.

See? I joined ideas from the two previous posts to come up with a terrific idea. I know I'm not the only woman who would be enjoying that show...especially if Taye stripped down a few times each episode as part of his investigation.

Have whip, will travel.

05-18-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
Woo-Hoo!

okay, who is taye diggs?

05-18-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
7. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
He's the reason Stella got her groove back.

Have whip, will travel.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-18-04, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"

- of course it's a Slicey!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

05-20-04, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
And the only reason I watched that ridiculous "Malibu's Most Wanted" movie. Dumb movie but Taye is quite funny in it. It's worth a rental just to see him.

05-18-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
9. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
Now there's an idea!

Instead of the "sunglasses on and off" move, Taye would demonstrate the "shirt on and off" move. Instead of the dramatic pauses between words, it would all be one long dramatic pause, while he stares smokily at the camera. Mmmmmmm.....

And instead of the camera shots all starting at the shoes, it would zero in on the butt.

dangerkitty

05-18-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
I would also like to suggest that this be a musical version, since his voice is as awesome as his bod.

Torn between the smoky stare into the camera and the disarming smile.

Have whip, will travel.

05-20-04, 07:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
CSI: Los Angeles starring Mark Furhman
CSI: San Francisco starring Brandon from Survivor: Africa
CSI: Seattle starring Kelsey Grammar
CSI: Nantucket starring the cast of Wings
CSI: Dallas starring Colby

Pretty soon the entire TV schedule will be nothing but CSI.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-26-04, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "New York"
I think NYC is saturated with crime dramas right now.

As much as I love that city, I'd have to agree. Do you think that all these NY shows could cut down on costs by sharing their arial shots of NY. I felt like I was watching "Without a Trace".

If it wasn't for Gary Sinise, wouldn't have watched. Kudos to the casting crew.

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-03-04, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

We may not have a CSI here but we do have a police drama about to emerge called (what else?) Hawaii. Look for me in the background (hey, ya never know-LOL). Hopefully it will be better than that hideous new show, the name of which I can't recall as it is so unmemorable, set on North shore (that could be the name of it I guess) at the Turtle Bay Hotel.

Being a resident, I will, no doubt, critique it for you.

ETA: I missed it too and can't stomache Caruso but LOVES me some Senise. I was probably watching Schmo at the time. (not even sure when CSI: Miami is on but I am okay with that)

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

remember to say only things that, if it were the last words another person were to hear, would not have caused harm

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
Hawaii stars Michael Beihn (sp?) and it's actually pretty good.

And that other show is called North Shore, and I've never watched it.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Omnia in bonum o-

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
Not to deviate from the Taye Diggs conversation...but did anyone notice how bright and sunny it was in Miami and how dark and gray it was in New York? I hope the sun comes out every now and then in New York next season....

-Will be suckered into watching CSI: New York because I also *heart* Gary Sinese, and like Melana with the really, really long name...

05-18-04, 09:16 PM (EST)
13. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
That would certainly explain the lack of grass-skirted hula dancers in the show.

SMILES ARE FREE

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
It WAS dark....with a faint tint of blue.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-04, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
OK I love the original CSI in Vegas. But I have never been able to watch the Miami series. I can't stand David Caruso. And no matter how often I try to watch an ep I always end up disgusted and I change the channel. I kept hoping at first they would kill off "H". But now I have given up on that dream. What is with him standing with his hands on hips like Superman? Ewww! And when he wears his sunglasses indoors but stands outside and squints without them. What an idiot. But I forced myself to watch the ep where they introduced the NY team. I want to watch that series and Gary Sinese. But it meant I had to put up with Caruso. I kept hoping when he walked in the dark apartment wearing his shades that he would trip and fall downstairs. How that show stays up in the ratings with Caruso is beyond me.

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
I too love the original but hate Caruso. I tried to watch Miami twice and vomited both times. I decided to NOT watch the Miami introduction of CSI-NY because I was afraid that Caruso would somehow spoil the show for me, plus I am tired of shampooing my carpet.

I have high hopes for CSI-NY! Gary Sinese can carry the show unless the scripts really suck. But I agree with dabo that we need a good show set in Hawaii. I still miss Magnum, P.I.

06-09-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Yeah Swami"
I still miss Magnum, P.I

<sigh> Loved me some Magnum.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: CSI New York"
I keep seeing commercials for the NY version - which I cannot wait for - BUT they have to stop showing everything in NYC in blue. I grew up in New York and I can assure you that there is not a faint blue tinge to everything in the city. I swear no matter how good Gary Sinese and CSI are, I will not watch a show that looks like it emerged from one of Van Gogh's bad moods!

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: CSI New York"

I will not watch a show that looks like it emerged from one of Van Gogh's bad moods

this is my favorite line of the day. i know you didn't say it today. but i *found* it today. so there.

~ cq

first nude cheesy man now this - BostonT

08-16-04, 01:19 PM (EST)
25. "RE: CSI New York"
BUT they have to stop showing everything in NYC in blue.

I was wondering what was up with that. Thought maybe Bono lent his sunglasses to the camera man.

08-20-04, 10:46 PM (EST)
26. "Miami Hype"
One of the regular characters is going to get offed in the season premiere. Read that somewhere.

Who's betting Khandi walked away from another good gig? She has a habit of doing that.

(Of course, all the the characters on that show are forgettable anyway.)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-04, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Miami Hype"
I was just disappointed to find out it wasn't David Caruso's character.

09-22-04, 03:04 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Miami Hype"
Well, at least it was one of the two characters I couldn't ever keep straight. Did they ever say why the gun jammed?

Singsing 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-22-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Singsing Click to send private message to Singsing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Miami Hype"
I'm glad that Speed died. The actor played too arrogant, show-off.

If only David Caruso could improve too.

09-23-04, 06:22 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Miami Hype"
I was disappointed. I was a little warm for Speed's form. That was probably what did it -- usually the characters I like are the ones who get offed.

MC Kitt-Katt in the hizzouse

HeywasupBoop 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-08-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeywasupBoop Click to send private message to HeywasupBoop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Miami Hype"
I liked Speed, I was sorry to see him go...he was a bit unusual but I liked that in his character.
I like the blonde lady I can't think of her name at the moment but they could improve on her speech..she doesn't speak clear at all.
When I first started watching the show I could hardly understand what she was saying..my husband and I would always say ..."what did she say" I guess we are getting use to her voice because we don't say that as often.

I think of the three CSI shows I like New York first, Miami second and Las Vegas last.
Las Vegas use to be number one until they split them up..and took the one guy out of the lab..he was so funny in the lab and now he's too serious.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Miami Hype"
It was ruled "gun malfunction" but it was implied that he slacked off in keeping it clean.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"

I thought CSI:NY was just a bit creepy. And the subject matter of how, and why, the bad guy was doing what he was doing was creepy.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Omnia in bonum o-

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Another show from New York"
Cause
"There are eight million stories in the Naked City... this has been one of them."

Surveysez

willinCal 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-22-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail willinCal Click to send private message to willinCal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
Tuned in to watch last week's episode where Ryan got shot in the eye with a nail gun. Ugh! My head was hurtin' just watching that episode.

In last night's episode about the gamers living out one of those video games literally, there was an extended ending on CBS' website. Obviously, it's toting the Hummer H3. Ryan was being told by that news lady that there is a mole within the CSI. Who could it be?

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-05, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
<Ryan got shot in the eye with a nail gun. Ugh! My head was hurtin' just watching that episode.

And now the poor guy may be going blind. I like that character.

Cannot stand the cold, precise blonde.

She makes a nice wooden acting pair with Caruso. His sunglasses do more acting than he does.

One would think that a show set in Miami might have characters with WARM blood running through their veins. Those two act like Dracula's minions.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

12-08-05, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeywasupBoop Click to send private message to HeywasupBoop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
Yep that was hard to watch Ryan getting shot in the eye with a nail gun and then the ride to the hospital was just too much ..
I like Ryan too. I hope they don't have him going blind in the show.
I really liked Speed but Ryan was a good choice for his replacement.
Eric needs to chill our and smile more..he's too serious.

12-08-05, 08:14 PM (EST)
37. "RE: CSI Miami in New York"
Yep, I was telling my husband the same thing..those sunglasses scenes crack me up...he spends so much time putting them on and taking them off. it's so much a part of the show if he quit I would think something was wrong with the show..hee hee

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •