The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI12: Auditions begin."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-16-13, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI12: Auditions begin."

We lose!

The White Guy With Guitar wins.

(Sorry: should I have put Spoiler Alert there?)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Opener. Estee 01-16-13 1
 RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Estee 01-16-13 2
 Camp Mariah. Estee 01-16-13 3
 RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Maroonclown 01-16-13 4
   RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Estee 01-16-13 6
 RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Estee 01-16-13 5
   RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Maroonclown 01-16-13 7
 Consider it practice. Estee 01-16-13 8
 RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Estee 01-16-13 9
   RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Maroonclown 01-16-13 10
       RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Estee 01-16-13 12
 New Jersey farmlands. Estee 01-16-13 11
 RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Estee 01-16-13 13
   RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Maroonclown 01-16-13 14
       RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Estee 01-16-13 15
 RE: AI12: Auditions begin. mrc 01-17-13 16
   RE: AI12: Auditions begin. JessicaRN 01-17-13 17
       RE: AI12: Auditions begin. agman 01-17-13 18
 The ratings slide continues. Estee 01-17-13 19
 Night #2 of the Nicki Minaj Show. Estee 01-17-13 20
 Idol Bingo. Estee 01-17-13 21
 RE: AI12: Auditions begin. susang 01-19-13 22
 Charlotte Auditions mrc 01-24-13 23
   RE: Charlotte Auditions Estee 01-24-13 24
 RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Donald Chump 01-24-13 25
   RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Estee 01-25-13 26
 RE: AI12: Auditions begin. Tummy 01-31-13 27
   RE: AI12: Auditions begin. JessicaRN 01-31-13 28
       Long Beach Auditions susang 02-02-13 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-16-13, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Opener."
Hey, no fair! That white guy already won!

...ye gawds. I think that's the most ego I've ever seen gathered in one segment. And I've seen the Hantz family. We're not even dealing with the divas -- just the show endlessly blowing its own horn.

This one's gonna hurt.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-16-13, 09:13 PM (EST)
2. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
So we're in New York and we're going to do Gotham City jokes using cheesy 60s sound effects.

Stay classy, FOX.

01-16-13, 09:22 PM (EST)
3. "Camp Mariah."
I just got a killer idea for Joe Schmo #4.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-13, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
Hey Estee, is it possible that no-one is watching because I'mreally enjoying the trainwreck that is 95 year old Mariah and 5 year old Nicki?

01-16-13, 09:54 PM (EST)
6. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
So that averages out to fifty years of music experience each?

I was starting to get the feeling that if one more person told Mariah they'd been listening to her all their life, that life wouldn't last much longer. Not quite seeing the obsessive need to have the camera on one and only one side, though.

Honestly, I think no one's watching because at this point, we all know how the story goes. Lots of tragic backgrounds, a few people we're meant to laugh at, tons of manufactured drama, the producers lie about how this year's crop of talent exceeds all others (again), the judges predict a female winner, and some WGWG takes it before vanishing two years later. Switching out judges doesn't change that: it just gives you new voices reading the same parts.

It's also been nearly an hour and I'm still waiting for five minutes of content.

01-16-13, 09:49 PM (EST)
5. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
When cancer isn't enough to get you into Hollywood, the approaching sob stories can be assumed intense.

However, in general, nothing is happening. Very few singers are being seen. The banter occupies time without actually bantering. Even the joke acts are dim and lifelessly passing through the walls. It's a shadowland Idol, and the show feels like it's grasping at the remnants of someone else's memory. If that sounds depressing, try watching it.

I know this is going Pinkamena in a hurry. I'll give it another segment and then decide whether to cut out.

01-16-13, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
I agree. But they have to ramp up the cancer stories now. A 17 year old dancer losing leg to bone cancer totally beats out every other cancer dude/dudette story from past seasons. It's the best cancer story ev.er

Isreal girl is imitating, not singing. *sigh*

01-16-13, 10:06 PM (EST)
8. "Consider it practice."
Ironically, not only does singing for quarters in the subway system pay better than most music contracts, but it's also where many show contestants end up. This kid's just doing it in reverse!

01-16-13, 10:12 PM (EST)
9. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
If Nicki's hair came into contact with Donald's, would everyone in a twenty-mile radius go bald?

01-16-13, 10:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
There's only one way to find out.

01-16-13, 10:28 PM (EST)
12. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
Not before I get out of the radius there isn't.

01-16-13, 10:24 PM (EST)
11. "New Jersey farmlands."
As forty-nine other states desperately try to convince themselves it was all a hallucination.

01-16-13, 10:34 PM (EST)
13. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
Supposedly this is the first year where gay contestants will be allowed to openly admit to it, shedding a tiny part of the show's homophobic reputation in the security that the voters will never allow them to win anyway.

In order to compensate, the show has decided to openly loathe Asians twice as much.

01-16-13, 10:50 PM (EST)
14. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
But there's gotta be some merit in putting "turb" through. maybe 'mericans won't be so afraid if the turb is more of a fashion statement than a cultural or , go forbid, a religious symbol.

01-16-13, 11:10 PM (EST)
15. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
The cold encourages delusions, huh?

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-13, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
I'm probably one of the few peeps around here who enjoys the audition stage, but egads! Last night was horrible. The jabbing between Mariah and Nicki was boring and irritating. I think Keith could actually contribute good feedback, but we'll never see it, of course.

I'm finally ready to admit that AI may have jumped the shark.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-17-13, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
That just felt odd and uncomfortable. Nicki seemed to have come in looking for a fight with Mariah, Mariah seems to have taken on the affectations of the royal family, and the contestants were merely an after thought. Plus, they are back to the 4 judge format, which never really has worked.

I did like Keith though, what little we heard from him.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-13, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
I didn't get to hear the whole story, but what was up with that phony accent Miriah was using? She was bugging the carp our of me.

01-17-13, 05:13 PM (EST)
19. "The ratings slide continues."
Premiere (and this still won the night): 6.0/17.9m overall, down 19% from last year. I haven't seen an half-hourly breakdown, but I'd guess this slid through the broadcast as viewers lost interest.

Little bit surprised by this, honestly. I thought the carefully-spread panel fight stories would lure in the trainwreck crowd. Maybe they're waiting for blood.

01-17-13, 07:41 PM (EST)
20. "Night #2 of the Nicki Minaj Show."
Anger Management is starting to look oddly appealing.

01-17-13, 09:11 PM (EST)
21. "Idol Bingo."
Following Mackenzie's audition, Seacrest claimed Chicago was about to deliver the most talent in a dozen seasons. And then they teased the Nicki-Mariah Wars.

I filled in the last chips and changed the channel.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-19-13, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
The 2 Night AI Premiere. In a word, underwhelming.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-13, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Charlotte Auditions"
What a big letdown. The "fight" was all hype, which shouldn't have been a surprise.

OTOH, I thought this was one of the best audition episodes I've seen in years. I don't know if it was the talent or what, but I enjoyed those two hours (minus commercials).

A Slice of Manga

01-24-13, 11:25 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Charlotte Auditions"
So you enjoyed the fourteen and a half minutes.

I'm starting to wonder if this year's ratings decline is from frau incapable of dealing with Nicki. Given the trouble they normally have with 'singing', anything beyond that is guaranteed to throw them.

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-24-13, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-13 AT 08:35 PM (EST)

Is Kez Ban male or female?

When they pick the top 12, it's going to be 6 boys and 6 girls ... so where would Kez Ban go?

01-25-13, 10:09 AM (EST)
26. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
Kez is female -- first name Katherine -- and would be grouped accordingly -- but it's a Top 10 this year: five males, five females. (The cutdown process is a little weird -- four episodes to cut from 40 to 20 via judge decision, then two performance shows for 20 to 10 by public vote.) Anyone who makes single-elimination makes the tour.

Rumors say we have a transgender contestant this season: if so, that singer will be put with the group identified with. (The Worsters say she got through in the 1/17 airing, spotted only in montage.) Stay tuned.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-31-13, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
Last night's auditioner Matheus Fernandes was a contestant on Season One of the Glee Project. I couldn't remember how far he made it so I Googled it - he made it to the 5th episode. I remember not liking his personality much and not being sad he was eliminated.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-31-13, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: AI12: Auditions begin."
I had that same reaction to him during the Glee Project.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-02-13, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Long Beach Auditions"
The screaming girl is back. She has also auditioned for X Factor Season 1, and AGT.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •