The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hollywood Week/Group Nights"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-14-13, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hollywood Week/Group Nights"
First of all, it is no coincidence that this group of guys is the most diverse you have ever seen, from flaming cross-dressers to the Turbanator and every non-caucasian race in between. The Powers That Be for this show SO don't want another WGWG to win, they are stacking the deck against that happening. The only power the judges have in this flawed voting system is right now, Hollywood Week, where they can actually make decisions, so they are doing everything they can to make sure the pool is lacking cute white guys. After this, when it's in America's hands, all they can do is try to stem the tide of swooning teenage girls with smartphones and unlimited numbers of votes, which never works.

That being said, they are also pimping the girls BIG time, saying they are just SO sure a girl is going to win this year. Let me start by saying that it's never made sense to me why we need to have an even gender split at this point in the competition, nor do I get why they seem to push the boys vs. girls attitude...if it's a true talent competition, gender shouldn't matter. If the best top 20 are 18 guys and 2 girls...so be it, right? Also, let me go on record that no one...NO ONE should ever have put Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know" on the short list of songs to choose from for Group Night. It's a catchy song, I love it, and I even bought the CD last year because of it, but it's not a group song, you can't harmonize in it, and all three groups that chose it last night simply prove my point.

My last point about Idol is that, no matter how much they want a girl to win, absolutely no one stands out to me at all. The only one that I remember this morning is that crazy androgynous chick, and not in a good way.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hollywood Week/Group Nights Estee 02-15-13 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-15-13, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hollywood Week/Group Nights"
You might want to note the title of this week's Grantland review.

Most of the media has noted the dearth of XY Southerners on through, which brings up the question of 'Does the last white guy standing automatically win?' Is it possible the tweens just aren't capable of voting for anything else? Absolutely. Will they take the last category fit on autopilot even if he isn't even remotely cute, has no personality, and can't sing? Hello, Lee DeWyze!

(And now a brief pause while everyone says "Who?")

But it's just too important to The Powers Which Assume We Can't Work The Math to say "One hundred million votes!" Why can't they do what every other voting system does? Lie.

If all else fails, watch the frau vote for Keith.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •