The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 12 Rankinhs"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-11, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 12 Rankinhs"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-11 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

1st - James - Not the best vocals he's given but he can entertain an audience.
2nd - Lauren A - She still has a chance to be there at the end.
3rd - Casey - Not his best but continues to show versatility
4th - Scotty - Another solid performance and just a touch different
5th - Haley - Really like her but she is picking the wrong songs
6th - Pia - She needs to change it up, the same every week.
7th - Jacob - Very talented but this wasn't his best
8th - Stefano - His best performance but still not great to me
9th - Paul - He seems to get worse and worse
10th - Karen - Really not good at all
11th - Naima - She could be gone
12th - Thia - Should be gone but won't. I want to fall asleep every time she sings.

Overall - Still the same top 7, some not as good this week but the bottom 5 are not good to me.

Supposed to say Top 12 Rankings, sorry it won't let me edit.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 12 Rankinhs Estee 03-17-11 1
 RE: Top 12 Rankinhs Tummy 03-17-11 2
 RE: Top 12 Rankinhs emydi 03-17-11 3
   RE: Top 12 Rankinhs Tummy 03-17-11 5
 RE: Top 12 Rankinhs Corvis 03-17-11 4
   RE: Top 12 Rankinhs Estee 03-17-11 6
       RE: Top 12 Rankinhs Corvis 03-17-11 7
           RE: Top 12 Rankinhs Estee 03-17-11 9
   RE: Top 12 Rankinhs zazzy 03-17-11 10
 RE: Top 12 Rankinhs frodis 03-17-11 8
 RE: Top 12 Rankinhs Belle Book 03-17-11 11
 RE: Top 12 Rankinhs Max Headroom 03-19-11 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-11, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
It's a good thing we've got Arkham 'cause they really drive us bats!

Last night was a return to the death wish of Donald running this show. Four in a taxi, six in a mine shaft, and two launched into orbit. Blow up the whole thing and start over.

In a four-color world, Nigel's plot would have been uncovered by now.

1. Casey. Found most of the words, but lost the majority of the intent, power, and rebellion that stood behind them, settling for growling whenever he needed a break. Mutagenic sludge lighting does not a performance make, and the show's visible hatred of the once-different may have inflicted that on him -- but held it together enough to be average.

Last night's top rating was 'average'.

2. Scotty: I felt it was a major quality slip which showed just how narrow his rut really is, but he was still able to keep from completely losing the song. Anyone who didn't send viewers screaming from the room found something last night, if only MC's spare restraints.

3. Stefano. Forgettable. Forgetting... forgotten.

4. Pia. Let the backbeat drive her performance, take over the rhythm of her words, and basically allowed it to operate her like a puppet. Forget making the song her own: she couldn't even manage to take a breath that wasn't in tune with the drumbeats. And while she was so busy synchronizing with the background, she forget to bring the song's power to the foreground. Hurrah for one-note conformity -- literally.

5. Karen: "Bilingual: the ability to screw up equally in two languages." Residents of Arizona were not able to see that performance because their legislature banned the broadcast, so you'll have to trust me when I say she had some moments when she was on, more when she was off, and every last one was a time when she should have gone backstage, torn the dress off, and returned to finish in a handy curtain. But she insisted on following her mold, which is to try appealing to a pair of cultures and sell tracks to neither of them. To that end, she's right on schedule.

6. Lauren. Forget some of the lyrics. Ignored the significance of who had written the song. Tried to present a giant con job about herself and only succeeded in driving away a few of her preorders while failing to get the marks to approach within five miles of her sting. Desperately seeking a toilet to dunk her head in.

7. Hayley. The song ate her alive. Then it vomited a pile of chewed-up remains onto the stage. And then the panel said a few kind words about putting lipstick on a puddle of vomit. And then the Palins decided it was a personal insult and boycotted the show, but no one cared.

8. Thia. If they're this determined to prepackage everything about her, then I say we just leave her on the shelf in mint condition, wait ten years, and see if we can sell her for ten percent of the original value. May not be allowed to have an original thought until two seconds after she turns eighteen. Not being capable of having one is the scarier concept.

9. James. You're not as good as you think you are. Elvis wasn't as good as you think you are. You want to be that cocky? Let's drop you into a ring surrounded by elevated walls and watch you get clawed to death by someone else's talons. I know something else you're saving for the finals: the moment of blind rage when you go for the throat of the winner just because they had the nerve to not. be. you.

10. Naima. Let's just call her a victim of Hollywood Week. 'If I forget what I'm doing in midstream and play cute with it, there's a fifty percent chance the judges will advance me to the next round!' Nigel likes to pretend its our votes that do it, Naima. Let's see how many you get.

11. Jacob. Sung Heart. One person sung Heart and lived. You are not she. On her best days, she was barely she, she wasn't she when she was trying for that she, and while I'm sure I could award you the 75K and lifetime cosmetic supply under other circumstances, that's not the she you're ever going to reach. Left so much folly on the stage as to summon the ghost of 1938. Should have been hit with a taser shot, which only would have improved his vocals. Tried to dial himself up to 50 and had the needle break off at 'you're kidding, right?'

Or in short: oh hell no.

12. Paul. I honestly don't understand why the rest of you are letting it live. Seriously, it's as if y'all don't even own torches and pitchforks. Are you really going to sit back and wait until it breeds?

The people voting for it all want it to breed. With them.

The gears will grind as they go.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-17-11, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
Hated the whole night. Hated everyone.

1. Paul - at least I laughed. And no, not in the sexy I want to bed you way.

2. Pia - because she can sing but Yawn.

3-11 Everyone else except Casey.

12. Casey - scary. Not scary good, just scary. I've heard my husband sing that in the shower 10x better and he can't sing. Not sure if he does the scary eyes or not.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-11, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
1. Paul- Last week I was perturbed by him....this week something clicked and I got his awesome VFTWiveness! He has to stick around!

2. Casey-Tummy you have to laugh at Casey too! He's great! Although surprised that he used his one instrument song with an electric guitar and not the bass, but you really can't do that song w/o a guitar...He should have smashed it...if he had done that, I would have married him! I love his parents.

3. Scotty-OMH his parents sang babylockedemdoors!! I love it. He is consistently country good and this year that is fab!

4. Jacob-he finally let his inner diva out now bc Ashthon is gone!

5. James-by default-this sounded so odd to me. His TS was really acting up last night. FTR, I think he said finale not finals...when everyone sings with someone...Steven said he'd sing Aerosmith with him.

6. Thia-boring but good, she really has to mix it up next week

7. Karen-I like her probably bc she's not Pia. I do like when she sings Spanish

8. Lauren-meh better than last week, she is too entitled

9. Pia-I don't get her I really don't

10. Naima-I gave her a pass last week, this week, meh..if she's going to do that she has to bring for VFTW to it!!

11. Haley-I did not like this

12. Stefano-I really don't get him and not just his singing...he gets a DUI a year AFTER he's in the car crash caused by alcohol

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-11, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
Casey - I did adore his parents - I forgot about that. By the time Casey sang I was peeved off enough that I was wasting at least an hour of my time watching this that I had pinned my hope on him. He let me down. Badly. Therefore he gets the burden of my hatred.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-17-11, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
Is it just me or is the negative tone of the comments about the singers this year off the charts (I'm talking the Performance thread mostly)? The singers are no worse than past years, but yikes, people are completely unforgiving. It's almost painful to read. Maybe we need a separate Bashers forum for Idol too.

1) Pia - She has amazing talent and she's beautiful. I would like to see her branch out more or she's going to get boring. But I'm definitely not bored yet.

2) James - Every time he's on stage, I am compelled to watch him. Not as good as past performances, but still good. Yes, he was cocky last night. But he's 21 and I'll bet you anything with all the stuff he's been through in his life, he's never had the hint of cockiness before. So I say give him a break. He'll get some feedback on the cockiness and hopefully tone it down. If he doesn't, then he'll start losing fans.

3) Scotty - I know I say this every week, but I don't even like country and I like Scotty. And he did take a bit of a chance at the end of the song. If he keeps doing more of that, he won't get boring and go far.

4) Thia - She's great, but I am getting bored. She needs to come out of the gate with a passionate song next week and kill it.

5) Casey - still like him though this was not my favorite performance of his. Of course, I don't like Nirvana (*ducks*) so you know, the chances of me liking this performance weren't great.

6) Stefano - Really killed it at the end and I hope he keeps opening things up in the future weeks.

7) Lauren - Much better this week than last week.

8) Haley - Really didn't like this performance. Has great potential, but never lives up to it.

9) Naima - This high only because I like her. Not a good performance.

10) Jacob - What the holy heck was that? I get the feeling he sings for himself, not for the audience.

11) Karen - I'm still thinking enh with her.

12) Paul - I was worried about America not getting you. Now I don't get you. You need a game changer next week or it's over. Of course, it might already be over...

03-17-11, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
The singers are no worse than past years, but yikes, people are completely unforgiving.

Disagree. I think this is one of the weakest fields we've ever had, and the scripting is more blatant than ever. The show has reached the point where, if you told me every vote dialed in went to the electronic equivalent of a paper shredder, my only reaction would be 'one for each line or a single industrial size?' I'm not sure the panel has had an opinion Nigel didn't dictate since Hollywood Week.

VFTW feels this is the best season ever, and you kind of have to consider their standards on that. They're enjoying the show. To them, it's the Four Horsemen Of The Idolpocalypse: Paul, Casey, Jacob, and Naima. Four guaranteed quality pieces of svckage every week, two of whom have a good chance to win the whole thing, sell nothing, and sink the show's credibility to the point where Simon can knock it off with a backhand slap.

And I feel that unless someone not only has a huge breakout, but manages to get nominated for some awards while going a minimum of gold on their first release, the show is on the verge of losing all remaining credibility. People may vote -- but they don't buy. And as long as they keep watching, the show doesn't care. After all, they'll have another shot next year. Even if that one doesn't sell either.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-17-11, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
To be honest, I don't pay much attention to VFTW. I find them annoying. And you're mixing two different issues - talent of the contestants and the manipulation of the show. The second has nothing to do with my point - I'm just talking about the talent of the singers.

Compared to last year's group, I think this season is a lot better. James, Casey, Pia and Scotty are all better than Lee Dewyze, for instance, who won last year. Crystal and Siobhan were the stand outs in my mind last year - and this year we have Pia and James, who both have the potential to be better than those two were.

Yes, there are train wrecks this season - Jacob and Paul if you ask me - but last year we had Tim Urban, Katie Stevens and Andrew Garcia (remember he of the one good performance?).

I think the issue is that we haven't had that breakout performer this season (or last season). No Adam Lambert or Kelly Clarkson or Chris Daughtry. But it's early yet.

I think this group has far more potential than last year's group.

03-17-11, 06:14 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
The second has nothing to do with my point - I'm just talking about the talent of the singers.

I think they're two halves of the same issue -- the manipulation is extra-heavy this year because the talent pool is thin. (Also because Nigel's back and he's pissed off.)

While I don't agree with a lot of what VFTW does, I do find them to be an occasionally-objective voices which knows more about how the fanbases break down than anyone short of the show. It's helpful.

As for the rest -- mileage varying.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-11, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
I agree the talent is better than last year and imo, by a lot.

I think the ECST has had a negative bent, a snarky bent, for many years though.

I don't think the manipulation is any heavier than it has been in the past...and each contestant having a producer to work with is a step up imo. Still, I agree there is an agenda and part of the fun for me is trying to figure it out. The pimpage thread has detailed their methods for years now. I've lost some steam in updating it, though.

That's where PTTE comes in... it's a test of whether I can figure out their agenda before the top 13 sings.

You and I agree that James and Pia are the true front runners. This is like the season where Melinda and Lakisha are pushed and praised but the true agenda was Jordin. America chose Blake and AI made sure he stank on the F2 night.

Last year they made over Crystal from the outset, but Simon really wanted Lee to win and he gave well time praise to make Lee the winner. He was hand picked imo, and they sold the "paint store guy needs a break" story when the really- reallys were Lee had already released two albums and had videos produced to support them. The aw shucks thing was manufactured.

So this year I think they are uber praising Casey and Lauren and all the while James and Pia will grow on the audience. We'll see. Idol likes a growth story. Can't have the winner peak too soon. The wild card here is Scotty. He may be the one America chooses over any agenda they have!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-11, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
It was hard to to the ranking this week because I didn't really enjoy any of them.

01. James - Consistently good from him. It wasn't terribly exciting but it didn't suck.

02. Scotty - Consistently good from him It wasn't terribly exciting but it didn't suck. (yes, same critique as I gave James. These two were interchangeable for me this week, but I had to give the nod to James for overall performance quality.) I did like that he did a little more vocally than he's done in the past two weeks.

03. Stefano - Best he's done so far.

04. Pia - It's not her fault, but the backing music was really awful. Her voice is great.

05. Casey - Okay, it was bold, which I liked, but the actual performance was not that great.

06. Jacob - I finally saw the great voice that he is supposed to have. It was still overwraught, but I have to admit, I'm starting to look forward to his histrionics in a VFTW kind of way.

07. Lauren A - I thought she sounded flat and disconnected from the song. Not great.

08. Paul - I still like him. I don't want to have sex with him, thankyouverymuch. The appeal isn't sex appeal. It's. . . something else. He's entertaining.

09. Thia - She's starting to get boring and desparate. Voice is pretty. That song was too sweet.

10. Karen - I actually thought she picked a good song for her and despite the "not for real life" dress and hair, she looked good and she was really trying to project confidence. She really just looked scared to death, but I like her. It's too bad that she pales in comparison to Pia.

11. Naima - I didn't hate this but I didn't really like it either. She was too. . . stompy. And not in a confident strang way, but more like a crushing an infestation of crickets way.

12. Haley - I can't find anything good about this. She's trying too hard and it's looking artificial.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-11, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
Here are my rankings:

1. Lauren -- maybe you really should have a cold every week, since you sang that song so well!

2. Pia -- your song choice was surprisingly good -- or at least the arrangement of it was. And your vocals were awesome!

3. Stefano -- you were a pleasant surprise! Fine job!

4. Thia -- you sang "Colors of the Wind" beautifully, but I have to put you behind the Top 3.

5. Scotty -- you sang it well, but you're too predictable.

6. James -- very good performance, but not the best.

7. Jacob -- I've got to take points off for singing an overdone song like "Alone".

8. Haley -- better than I initially thought, but I've still got to take off points for the Whitney Houston song choice.

9. Karen -- a little on the boring side, and I'm afraid it might not have appealed to the Latino vote enough.

10. Naima -- she's unique enough, but she was very pitchy.

11. Casey -- ugh! He took a risk, true, but I hated his performance! And J-Lo was right, he was screechy!

12. Paul -- once again the worst, but in his defense he has a cold this week.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-11, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top 12 Rankinhs"
1. James - Still liking him the best.
2. Pia - A little flat this week but still the best of the women.
3. Scotty - Not a country fan at all, but the guy is excellent.
4. Casey - Screechy and loud this time, but I'll give him one do-over.
5. Lauren - Better than last week but still not great.
6. Stefano - A great effort this time but not that good overall.
7. Thia - Playing it safe but succeeding at avoiding the bottom three.
8. Haley - Has potential but isn't quite there yet.
9. Jacob - Better than he's shown the past couple of weeks.
10. Naima - Lacking in talent compared to the rest.
11. Karen - Thank goodness for the TiVo fast forward feature.
8,347. Paul - Will America ever get rid of this hopeless loser?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •