The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-11, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
*checks off 'casual lie' box*

So much for the promise to not force contestants into singing outside their comfort zone... hey, all I need is a four-star depimp and I've got Bingo!

And if you believed that promise? You get five minutes to overcome the shame.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... KoalaChick 03-18-11 1
 RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... Belle Book 03-18-11 2
   RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... Snidget 03-19-11 3
 RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... Maroonclown 03-19-11 4
 RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... zazzy 03-20-11 5
   RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... zazzy 03-20-11 6
   RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... skye 03-21-11 7
       RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... Estee 03-23-11 10
 RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... geekboy 03-23-11 8
   Nothing changed. Estee 03-23-11 9
       RE: Nothing changed. zazzy 03-23-11 13
 RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... Max Headroom 03-23-11 11
   RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... Estee 03-23-11 12
   RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown... zazzy 03-23-11 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-18-11, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
So much for shaking things up this year. Looks like we're well on our way to White Guy with a Guitar #4.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-18-11, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
I think the only one who will definitely have a hard time is Scotty. Country and Motown just don't get along well, and he's not as versatile as Lauren. This may be a trainwreck.

However, this might be good news for those who want Paul gone. He might be decent, but not good -- and if that happens, often that person winds up in the Bottom 3, and sometimes goes home!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-11, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
Well there was a cover of My Girl done by Glen Campbell that is pretty much right up Scotty's Lane, fairly low country voice can be sung moderate to slow pace.

There are probably some other country covers he could use as a template.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-11, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
One of those chicks need to find her inner Adele or Amy Winehouse (without the heroin) and she will be the winner. That is all I have to say about this.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-20-11, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "

From AInow:

Thursday, March 24: 1 Finalist Eliminated (8-9pm ET)
*Jennifer Hudson Performs
*Sugarland Performs

And ITA about Scotty singing My Girl is a strong likelihood.

Is this where Thia sings up tempo?

Casey or James...Ain't To Proud to Beg?

03-20-11, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
Some other future Thursday night performers on AI:

Found on idolforums, credit to rumorfix:

http://rumorfix.com/full-entry/2011/3/18/e...rican-idol.html

Exclusive: Bruno Mars To Perform On American Idol
Posted on DateMarch 18, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Exclusive: Bruno Mars To Perform On American Idol

We like Bruno Mars just the way he is -- and apparently so does American Idol!

RumorFix has learned exclusively that the "Grenade" singer will be performing on the talent competition show.

Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe has said that Idol is getting calls from musicians who want to be part of the magic and he confirmed that Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler's Aerosmith will be performing on the FOX show this season.

And as RumorFix first reported, Lady Gaga is already booked for the season finale.

We can't wait to see what other surprises Nigel and his team come up with next!

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-21-11, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "

>Is this where Thia sings up
>tempo?

Rockin' Robin FTW!

03-23-11, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
Caw! Caw!

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-23-11, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 10:03 AM (EST)

I am extremely disappointed that the pre-season "rumor/statement" by Nigel (or whomever) that the theme weeks would be gone is not happening. These first two weeks of the real competition has been a breath of fresh air - with little to no restrictions on genre, with Iovine and the producers...things have changed for the good. Now....another Motown week? What happened to "allowing the kids to stay in their wheelhouse"?

ETA: Here is the link. Wonder what changed?

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

03-23-11, 11:21 AM (EST)
9. "Nothing changed."
This is the status quo two-part equation of AI publicity.

1. Nigel said it.
2. Therefore, it is a lie.

03-23-11, 05:58 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Nothing changed."
In the article Lythgoe says "individual artist" is what they won't do anymore, i.e., everybody sings Dolly Parton's songs.

Motown is broader than an individual artist, likewise songs from the year you were born. So far he's held to what he said.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-11, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
Can't wait to hear Scotty McCreery sing Motown.

My ears have already started bleeding.

03-23-11, 03:56 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
That's just a side effect from all those drugs you've been smuggling.

03-23-11, 06:00 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Top 11 theme (et. all): Motown. "
My Girl is one he could do. Also Glen Campbell did something from Motown IIRC...so he could go that direction. They want Scotty to be there awhile, so I doubt it will totally suck and could even surprise.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •