The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"More to Love"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-29-09, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"More to Love"
Can we throw this one in here rather than on the "Other" thread?
After all, tho on a different network, I think it is produced by the same peeps.

So, am I the only one who watched?
Luke seems like a nice enough guy, but I also think he's in this for the fun - and whatever else (yea, whatever) he gets by being there! He was already into the sucky face stuff on the first night

I wish someone would help plus-size women in selecting their clothing.
Some of the women looked nice; others looked like they insisted on wearing what would have looked good on a small woman whether it looked good on them or not.

Looks like this show will have a lot of crying on it.

Agman 2009

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: More to Love Loree 07-29-09 1
 RE: More to Love sharnina 07-29-09 2
   RE: More to Love jbug 07-29-09 3
 RE: More to Love riverrocker 07-30-09 4
 RE: More to Love Puffy 07-30-09 5
   RE: More to Love catsnotkids 07-31-09 6
       RE: More to Love Snidget 08-01-09 7
 RE: More to Love fullofgrace2470 08-02-09 8
   RE: More to Love Snidget 08-03-09 9
 RE: More to Love blacknwhitedog 08-04-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-09, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: More to Love"
I watched. And yes, some of the clothing choices were unfortunate.

There sure were alot of crying women. Probably because so many of them seemed desperate. Alot of them thought this was their last chance to have a date.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-29-09, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: More to Love"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-09 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

I hated what little I saw of it. Could not believe that they published the girls' heights and weights. Disgusting.

Those girls and that guy are not "more to love" - they are extremely unhealthy and we should not be celebrating and encouraging what got them where they are. I feel that I can say this because I am and was one of those "desperate" girls. I've waited too many years to do something about it but I am doing something.

I will not watch this show.

Love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything.
1 Peter 4:8 (The Message)

Shar's World

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-09, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: More to Love"
I understand what you mean.
When Luke was talking about how he was happy with himself the way he is; how he loves to eat; blah blah blah, I was thinking
'yea, cause you don't want to make the effort to change.'

I can understand how the women can feel left out and shuffled aside in favor of more - or less - curvy women. But they can not be happy with the weight they are carrying. Every one of them have self esteem problems.

I can a lot of upset women as they get sent home - especially since most all of them think this is their one and only chance.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-30-09, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: More to Love"
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-09 AT 05:10 PM (EST)

We watched; thought it was painful. If any of those ladies wears a size "12 to 14" (according to their hype about "the average woman's size,") then I guess I'm shopping in the wrong places! According to their heights/weights and definitions, "I" should be in a size "6 to 8"--yeah, right, only for a shoe size!

Bless their hearts. Their clothing choices were just terrible, with maybe one or two exceptions, and made them look worse than need be had they had better dress selections and some help with appearance.

Luke is not impressing us at all as being a "gentleman."

Only Fox would come up with something so inappropriate as this. Sad, painful, pitiful, and humiliating--can't believe they printed the ladies' heights and weights!

edited to correct grammar

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-09, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: More to Love"
I can only imagine what will (or won't) go on if the girl who has never had a date ends up in the fantasy suite. The kiss she got when she got a promise ring was probably her first kiss.

Birthday siggy from Agman

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-31-09, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: More to Love"
I don't get why all of these women have so little dating experience. I know plenty of heavy women who date. Some even get married! I mean, really. To make it out like overweight people are so pathetic and never date and have no chance at love other than this show is ridiculous.

ITA about putting their height/weight up: really offensive. They certainly don't do that on the traditional Bachelorette/Bachelor shows!

I thought Luke was sort of creepy. Trying to kiss the women - look dude - they've known you five minutes and they already are inexperienced, only the stupid ones are going to jump in quite that quickly with you.

This show is doing a real disservice to those carrying a few extra pounds - portraying them as pathetic losers.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-09, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: More to Love"
Why?

Because casting a bunch of well-adjusted, socially adept, confident women would not Bring.The.Drama!

Much better to cast a bunch of desperate women who think this is their last chance. I mean how are you going to get a fatty fight on tape if the women don't have massive issues?

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-02-09, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: More to Love"
What I don't get is why, if one person is overweight, they have to only date other overweight people. Do only skinny people date other skinny people? I would like this show more if there were more variety.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-09, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: More to Love"
Really to get much range of body type you need a VH1 dating show.

In this case they want a heavy person to win so only having heavy people fits the bill, not letting the person chose between the hot and the not and like every other hot vs not show the size 2 hottie wins in the end and once again anyone who isn't Hollywood misses out.

So I can see why they have only heavy people. Now the guy didn't have to be heavy, but there is something to people often gravitated to those that are like them. I know a few "Mutt and Jeff" couples but more of the couples seem to be in the same range of body type rather than one very heavy and one very slim.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-09, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: More to Love"
I have never watched the bachelor- but man these women seemed desparate! And they dressed terrible!

Syren 2007

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •