Hey folks...back from my sabatical. Making up for lost time with a preseason ranking list. Not much to base it on other than interviews and promos but first impressions can be fun. Maybe it's just me, but I find when an individual offers information and says initially they're not a certain type of person, nine out of 10 times they are. Anyway here's my first crack and I'm sure it'll change once we really get to know the castways better.
1) MONICA - "Easy on the eyes" would be the understatement of this season. She's gorgeous...and being a wife and mom, if Monica advances far in the game, it won't be by acting like a Ho. Appears athletic enough to be a factor in the challenges, and her maturity level could give her an advantage over the younger castaways who don't have a clue in life other than looking good.
2) LEIF - I know; I'm a sucker for an underdog. Guilty as charged. Dwarf? Midget? With the pettiness in today's thin-skinned society not sure what is politically correct anymore, but will casting a midgetman be a new Production trend? Can we expect a bearded-lady for next season? If so, I'm sure we'll lose my main man Iltarion as a Survivor fan! Anyway, as long as Leif does not suffer from Small Man Snydrome or has a Napoleonic Complex I think he could do fine.
3) TROY"ZAN" - I mentioned in an earlier post anyone over 25 with a nickname is a loser in my book. That being said I can still see myself rooting for Troy early on because he seems to have a lot of heart for the game. In an interview he stated one of the reasons he got his nickname was because he once raised a family of 12 monkeys. This experience could prove valuable considering the bozos Production usually casts for this game.
4) CHRISTINA - Of all the attractive girls for this season, Christina is #1 on my "crush" list. Much like Monica, I do not see her as a Skankivor. I think she'll rely more on her brains than her looks (which scores points with me) and I hope she does so successfully because I'd like to see a lot of her this season.
5) BILL - Even though I've always viewed "Survivor" from a Robinson Crusoe persepective, you do need that zany character to add some entertainment to the season. Bill's class clown antics could fit the "bill"...pardon the pun. But he'll need to be more than that to stay high on my list.
6) NINA - Always have a soft spot for the older woman in a season because of the tremendous odds they must face; especially with a bunch of hotties in this cast. This season's twist with both gender tribes living together could be a break for her. If she had to live separately with the other girls, she would be a goner at their first TC.
7) MATT - Seems to possess all the elements to be a solid Survivor player. But this could go either way for him. Those attributes could take him far, or it could make Matt an obvious Anti-Darwin Snydrome candidate.
8) JAY - With Jay I can't stop comparing him to Bobbie Jon. I admired Bobby Jon's work ethic and competitiveness, but being on the "wrong" tribe contributed to his downfall. Should benefit from the "One World" concept because the Barbie Dolls will want to keep him around.
9) CHELSEA - She talks the talk being outdoorsy and having survival skills necessary for the game, but I just can't visualize it. If she can back up her claim, she'll move up my list. If not, she's just another piece of eye-candy the male members of the casting crew drooled over.
Preseason Prediction: Jay & Chelsea are engaged on the Reunion Show. LOL
10) KAT - Nice to look at, but not sure why she was casted. Actually I take that back; I do know why she was casted...because she's nice to look at.
11) KIM - One of my pet peeves is someone cracking a nervous giggle after every completed sentence. Her cuteness makes it bearable to put up with for a 1:30 interview, but 12 weeks of that annoyance would drive me CRAZY.
12) JONAS - Seems like a castaway who may be invisible for a while or a non-factor in the game. CBS could be holding out on us for a surprise factor...but I don't think so.
13) GREG - Two castway's claim to be "Tarzan?" This should be interesting! We have several "Janes" and maybe even a couple "Cheetahs," but I don't see this dude as "King of the Jungle." Greg comes off as abrasive. If he can't hold his tongue, Tarzan will be swinging away from TC after his torch is snuffed sooner than later.
14) KOURTNEY - Perhaps it's the tatoos, but I can't get that "fresh out of rehab" look out of my mind. With so many "shiny, happy people" casted for this season, the freak factor won't work. See Ya later, Alligator!
15) COLTON - OK, all together now...can we say, "TOKEN?" But hey, Todd was a "token" in China and went on to be a dominant player en route to a million dollar payday. I sense bitterness in his interviews which could result in some hissy fits. Will probably come off as yet another casting debacle, but Production will feel they "did their job."
16) MICHAEL - He says he'll backstab and lie and feel bad about it. Yeah...right. It's not like Michael will be the first villian ever, and if so, he better bring more to the table, i.e., a key contributor in challenges, strong survival skills, finding HIIs without clues, etc. to win me over. Otherwise he stays near the bottom of my list.
17) SABRINA - Even though she said she's not an "angry black woman," just mentioned those words makes her a prime candidate to play the race card. If so, I despise that. Historically, ethnicity, religion, or sexual preference has not been a reason for a player being voted off. So anyone who even insinuates that angle gives the impression of coming into the game with a chip on their shoulder. Like Greg, her mouth could be her undoing.
18) ALICIA - This chick has skank written all over her. Too bad there's several GQ guys who may eat up that crap. A dominant older player, i.e. Tom Westman or Terry, might be able to nip it in the bud and orchestrate an early boot. But I don't see that type of player in this cast, so we may have to put up with a Reality Show Ho for a while.