URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5124
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Preseason Ranking"

Posted by Aruba on 02-06-12 at 09:21 PM
Hey folks...back from my sabatical. Making up for lost time with a preseason ranking list. Not much to base it on other than interviews and promos but first impressions can be fun. Maybe it's just me, but I find when an individual offers information and says initially they're not a certain type of person, nine out of 10 times they are. Anyway here's my first crack and I'm sure it'll change once we really get to know the castways better.

1) MONICA - "Easy on the eyes" would be the understatement of this season. She's gorgeous...and being a wife and mom, if Monica advances far in the game, it won't be by acting like a Ho. Appears athletic enough to be a factor in the challenges, and her maturity level could give her an advantage over the younger castaways who don't have a clue in life other than looking good.

2) LEIF - I know; I'm a sucker for an underdog. Guilty as charged. Dwarf? Midget? With the pettiness in today's thin-skinned society not sure what is politically correct anymore, but will casting a midgetman be a new Production trend? Can we expect a bearded-lady for next season? If so, I'm sure we'll lose my main man Iltarion as a Survivor fan! Anyway, as long as Leif does not suffer from Small Man Snydrome or has a Napoleonic Complex I think he could do fine.

3) TROY"ZAN" - I mentioned in an earlier post anyone over 25 with a nickname is a loser in my book. That being said I can still see myself rooting for Troy early on because he seems to have a lot of heart for the game. In an interview he stated one of the reasons he got his nickname was because he once raised a family of 12 monkeys. This experience could prove valuable considering the bozos Production usually casts for this game.

4) CHRISTINA - Of all the attractive girls for this season, Christina is #1 on my "crush" list. Much like Monica, I do not see her as a Skankivor. I think she'll rely more on her brains than her looks (which scores points with me) and I hope she does so successfully because I'd like to see a lot of her this season.

5) BILL - Even though I've always viewed "Survivor" from a Robinson Crusoe persepective, you do need that zany character to add some entertainment to the season. Bill's class clown antics could fit the "bill"...pardon the pun. But he'll need to be more than that to stay high on my list.

6) NINA - Always have a soft spot for the older woman in a season because of the tremendous odds they must face; especially with a bunch of hotties in this cast. This season's twist with both gender tribes living together could be a break for her. If she had to live separately with the other girls, she would be a goner at their first TC.

7) MATT - Seems to possess all the elements to be a solid Survivor player. But this could go either way for him. Those attributes could take him far, or it could make Matt an obvious Anti-Darwin Snydrome candidate.

8) JAY - With Jay I can't stop comparing him to Bobbie Jon. I admired Bobby Jon's work ethic and competitiveness, but being on the "wrong" tribe contributed to his downfall. Should benefit from the "One World" concept because the Barbie Dolls will want to keep him around.

9) CHELSEA - She talks the talk being outdoorsy and having survival skills necessary for the game, but I just can't visualize it. If she can back up her claim, she'll move up my list. If not, she's just another piece of eye-candy the male members of the casting crew drooled over.
Preseason Prediction: Jay & Chelsea are engaged on the Reunion Show. LOL

10) KAT - Nice to look at, but not sure why she was casted. Actually I take that back; I do know why she was casted...because she's nice to look at.

11) KIM - One of my pet peeves is someone cracking a nervous giggle after every completed sentence. Her cuteness makes it bearable to put up with for a 1:30 interview, but 12 weeks of that annoyance would drive me CRAZY.

12) JONAS - Seems like a castaway who may be invisible for a while or a non-factor in the game. CBS could be holding out on us for a surprise factor...but I don't think so.

13) GREG - Two castway's claim to be "Tarzan?" This should be interesting! We have several "Janes" and maybe even a couple "Cheetahs," but I don't see this dude as "King of the Jungle." Greg comes off as abrasive. If he can't hold his tongue, Tarzan will be swinging away from TC after his torch is snuffed sooner than later.

14) KOURTNEY - Perhaps it's the tatoos, but I can't get that "fresh out of rehab" look out of my mind. With so many "shiny, happy people" casted for this season, the freak factor won't work. See Ya later, Alligator!

15) COLTON - OK, all together now...can we say, "TOKEN?" But hey, Todd was a "token" in China and went on to be a dominant player en route to a million dollar payday. I sense bitterness in his interviews which could result in some hissy fits. Will probably come off as yet another casting debacle, but Production will feel they "did their job."

16) MICHAEL - He says he'll backstab and lie and feel bad about it. Yeah...right. It's not like Michael will be the first villian ever, and if so, he better bring more to the table, i.e., a key contributor in challenges, strong survival skills, finding HIIs without clues, etc. to win me over. Otherwise he stays near the bottom of my list.

17) SABRINA - Even though she said she's not an "angry black woman," just mentioned those words makes her a prime candidate to play the race card. If so, I despise that. Historically, ethnicity, religion, or sexual preference has not been a reason for a player being voted off. So anyone who even insinuates that angle gives the impression of coming into the game with a chip on their shoulder. Like Greg, her mouth could be her undoing.

18) ALICIA - This chick has skank written all over her. Too bad there's several GQ guys who may eat up that crap. A dominant older player, i.e. Tom Westman or Terry, might be able to nip it in the bud and orchestrate an early boot. But I don't see that type of player in this cast, so we may have to put up with a Reality Show Ho for a while.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Preseason Ranking"
Posted by SOAR64 on 02-07-12 at 09:14 AM
What a breath of fresh air. Not a single retread from past seasons. I like Matt to go far in the game. I have always enjoyed watching which new survivor contestants would rise to the top of their tribes and run things.

Posted by michel on 02-07-12 at 09:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-12 AT 09:49 PM (EST)

I've really haven't done much research on the cast because I want to limit myself to the edits but I have seen the promos so I'll take a shot at the women of Salami and the men of Manono. (Aruba, I can tell right away we won't agree!)

1- Kim: As soon as I saw the picture of the tall brunette on the end of the line:

It reminded me of this one:

Now, considering she said: "I'm a huge fan of the game and it gives me a huge advantage... I'm competitive. I'm really tough. I just want to PLAY BIG. I'm passionate about the game. I love the game."
That makes her my pre-season favorite.

2- Colton: After three consecutive seasons with little or no strategy, I am looking forward to what this villain is planning.

3- Alicia: Or maybe the fireworks will come from this woman. I hope she lives up to her words: "If I find out one of these dudes like me, they're gonna get played "

4- Michael: I have high hopes (for once) about this new twist and his words are the essence of what it could bring to the game: "Right off the bat I need to make alliances with the women."

5- Monica - She looks like a leader to me. Strong in body and mind. I hope she lasts.

6-Chelsea: This cute woman deserves a shot just for saying: "I'm the country girl that's not the southern belle. The country girl that likes to be out in the woods."

7- Jay - He said: "Never gonna go down without a fight. Never gonna quit." I hope it's a promise and wasn't used for irony.

8- Kat: I think she can make her way in a strong alliance.

9- Bill: His words are promising: "I don't know what that move is yet but I fantasize that there is a move that no one's ever seen be made." However, I feel his move will be to put a target on his back.

10- Matt: He wants to be the nice guy that cuts the throat of his friends but being named Matt isn't a good sign!

11- Christina: She says she wants to be on the attack but I think she will be on the defensive right off the bat.

12- Leif: A little person with a fedora! A new Russell? I'm sure he's smarter.

13- Troyzan: He's your favorite? Really?? He looks like Jimmy T to me. Loudmouth dumbass.

14- Sabrina: I have doubts regarding her skills.

15- Greg (Tazan): I guess they wanted to give Leif a chance by casting him. He's cannon fodder.

16- Nina: It seems that she was cast to be the first voted out. Smart players vote their weakest first, giving the tribe a few extra days to settle in. Dumb tribes keep their weak for too long and then they wind up going deep in the game.

17- Jonas: Everything I've seen about him says BORING.

18- Kourtney: Maybe she's nice but I saw this picture and thought: Does she want to be the first one voted out?

Posted by Aruba on 02-08-12 at 07:44 AM

>13- Troyzan: He's your favorite? Really?? He looks like Jimmy T to me. Loudmouth dumbass.

Actally when I look at GREG I think Jimmy T. Troy kinda reminds me of Big Tom. Maybe not as dumb but perhaps just as entertaining.

If Kim is another Danni she'll skyrocket up my list...it's just that darn annoying giggle.

Of course we won't agree...if we did what fun would that be???!!!

Posted by michel on 02-08-12 at 06:43 PM
I could have my "zans" mixed up...Troy or Tar? Not much difference to me but this is Troy and it sure looks like Jimmy T:

If he is as entertaining as Big Tom (the Africa version, not the @SS "star") then he will climb up my charts but I expect a battle over nickname ownership.

Posted by Aruba on 02-08-12 at 08:08 PM
There's no doubt you've come across some images and interviews I have not seen yet...and vica-versa.

In the Troy interview I heard/saw he stated he would do crazy antics to break the tension and/or get people laughing. One such antic he specifically said was a "tribal dance around the camp fire." When I heard that I immediately thought of Big Tom and the goofy dance he did in Africa that cracked me up everytime. That is mostly what I went by when I placed him in my preseason ranking.

The above pic you posted could very well be one of the antics he talked about...or maybe part of his "tribal dance." LOL

OH BTW, yes it is Big Tom Africa I am talking about; not the season CBS had the audacity to call "All-Stars." When referencing former players I only go back to the "real" seasons, and I know you know me by now that any season with former players/losers I do not regard as real seasons IMHO.

Posted by jasonkola on 02-14-12 at 01:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-12 AT 00:52 AM (EST)

Hi I am new here but thought I would put a ranking up. It is obvious we do not see things the same. This list is hard to make as my favorites are not necessarily the ones I think will go far in the game. I will try to make a hybrid list.

1. Chelsea - She is gorgeous and a country girl who can hunt and spear fish. This game will be a good fit for her. Hopefully she can get into a good alliance and go far.

2. Alicia - She is one of those love her or hate her types. I like her and from the promo's she seems to fit well in with the girls and she will flirt with the guy's which will help her get far into the game.

3. Kim - At first I really did not like her that much but she has grown on me the more I learned about her. I believe she will bond well with the girls and the guys will like her so she is another I expect to go far in the game.

4. Troyzan - I like this guy I think he will be entertaining and I also think he is a good fit for the game. Hopefully his personality dose not clash with the other guys too much as I would like to see him go far into the game.

5. Bill - I like this guy I believe survivor needs a little comic relief and he could fit the bill. He seems like a likable guy and I hope he dose well.

6. Jay - This guy is a good ole boy. He will be liked by the girls and he is strong. I like his attitude. I think he will do well.

7. Christine - This girl is a lot more attractive than I first thought and I too hope she dose well as I would like to see more of her this season.

8. Micheal - This guy has villain written all over him. I usually do not like villains but this guy looks like he could be interesting. we will have to wait and see. He could move down or up my list depending on how he plays.

9. Leif - I think it will be interesting to see this guy play survivor.

10. Monica - I am not sure how well she will fit in. She may play the nurturing mother type and fit in that way.

11. Kat - This girl just dose nothing for me. From what I have seen in the promo's she dose fit in well with the girls so she will probably do well. As skinny as she is I can only imagine how skinny she will be if she lasts deep into the game. Not what I want to see.

12. Sabrina - I am really unsure about her. She dose not look like she will fit in. We will see.

13. Jonas - To me this guy is boring. I see him playing under the radar.

14 Kourtney - I actually think this girl is cute in her own unique way. But I do not see her as fitting in well and she may go early.

15. Nina - I do not see her fitting in. She may also be seen as a weak player and get voted out early.

16. Matt - Mat is a lawyer and thinks too highly of himself. His condescending egotistical attitude may make him a early boot.

17. Greg - This guy has a personality that annoys me. plus he will be seen as a weaker player and may be an early boot.

18. Colton - Just about every thing about this guy annoys me. All I can say is I hope he gets the boot early so I do not have to watch too much of him.

Posted by michel on 02-14-12 at 08:06 PM
Welcome to the boards, Jasonkola. Interesting list but you've got two Kims and no Kats!

"Backstreets' Back, Alright!"
Posted by iltarion on 02-15-12 at 10:21 PM

I don't do the preseason thing, but I do have one thing to say....

AAAAAAARRRRRRRUUUUUUBBBBBBBAAAAAAAABBBBBBAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to have the homey back in the house!

>

"RE: Backstreets' Back, Alright!"
Posted by Aruba on 02-16-12 at 06:39 PM
I'm feeling the love dude!!!

Thanks for the well wishes.

I'll have the Episode 1 rankings up fairly soon.