Okay, now this is happening.
Very tumultuous episode as we continue to go back and forth between Savii and Upolu.
1. Ozzy - That's right. Worst to first. He is making a huge move, and that is partially why I love it. This is his 3rd time playing the game. Either play big or don't come back in the first place. He gives his tribe their best chance at staying out of the minority at merge by going to RI. This is the first time that we've seen someone take RI into consideration. Sending their strongest is the exact right move. Of course, the edit has gone out of its way to make this move irrelevant even before it was hatched, but if you are Savii, do you take that chance? No, this is the smartest move. It just took someone with enough balls to try to pull it off.
2. Coach - He will get knocked for suddenly finding religion and hoisting it onto his tribe, but actually the entire HII ruse was one of the more intelligent ploys we have seen on Survivor. Finally, he acts like a coach who use psychological games all the time to motivate their teams. The prayer to find the HII followed by its faux discovery might have given his team the confidence they needed to win the IC. Of course, the other tribe having Cochran doesn't hurt. Yelling at his tribe to take their knees after the win was out of line, but if you noticed, they never did anyway and he didn't make a big deal out of it. He was talking about family at the IC and at the reward. The only question is whether he is the only person on his tribe that thinks like that. Regardless, Coach's edit looked suddenly strong again.
3. Edna - Typically, it is the important people who speak during reward, and we heard from Edna and Coach with the camera focusing on Edna a lot. If the merge comes, the danger for her will have passed. She's going to make it far now, and for a while now, I've believed there is enough edit there for her to make the end.
4. Cochran - Was mostly a whining weasel this episode who flubbed up the most important IC of the season in colossal fashion and then whined endlessly about how he didn't want to go to RI. I'm sure he was right though. If he goes to RI, Christine eats him for lunch. Fortunately for him, he took his place among the luckiest players in the history of the game as the gracious benefactor of Ozzy's ballsy move. Cochran has zero game, has done zero, but is in a great spot now. He is decent in confessional, at least. Could his mentions of being an "outsider" and "ostrasized" suggest he could be a free agent come the merge? Seems unlikely.
5. Albert - He appears to have easily slipped back to a supporting role with no bitterness from Coach. He was the key player for Upolu in the huge IC win. Things look good for Upolu after this episode, which is good for him.
6. Sophie - She continues to get her own voice, even when she isn't playing a key role. That is a big plus for her. She is wise to go along with Coach and Brandon versus openly opposing them and alienating herself from the rest of the tribe.
7. Jim - He has still played the best game, but he shouldn't have opposed Ozzy's move. It is the best play. If they did happen to go to a challenge without Ozzy, it still wouldn't be the end of the world. Jim and Keith have been big in challenges, and Dawn and Whitney are better in challenges than Edna and Sophie. So, it is still pretty even, even without Ozzy. He might ultimately pay the price for the move on Elyse though. They win that last challenge if they have her, likely, and has it ever been explained afterwards the logic of getting rid of her?
8. Rick - Just happens to be on the right side of things, for the moment.
9. Brandon- Easily fooled, and Coach seems almost daily to consider being free of him. However, I think if Upolu keeps the majority he has a good shot to make the end in the same manner Phillip did last season.
10. Dawn - If Savii isn't winning reward, she has nothing to say. Good. Still a better edit for her than for those below her.
11. Keith - Like Jim, he should have been fine with Ozzy going to RI. Again, it does give Savii their best chance at keeping 6 people. Of course, he shouldn't have ever voted out Elyse in the first place. Without that, none of this happens.
12. Whitney - Same as Keith.
Christine - her time is short
Make like a tree and beat it-
Mikayla - Performed in that challenge about the same as how she did everything else - half-assed. She far from vindicated her peers as competitors.