The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ozzy's plan"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-30-11, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ozzy's plan"
Still a little confused by Ozzy's plan. Especially why he gave the idol to Cochran. Does he trust him more than any other Savaii to give it back to him assuming he wins his challenge against Christine. If he doesn't, why would he want the least likely post-merge target on Savaii to have it?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ozzy's plan dabo 10-30-11 1
   RE: Ozzy's plan Belle Book 10-30-11 2
   RE: Ozzy's plan michel 10-30-11 4
 RE: Ozzy's plan michel 10-30-11 3
   RE: Ozzy's plan garyc 10-30-11 5
   RE: Ozzy's plan dabo 10-30-11 6
       RE: Ozzy's plan garyc 10-31-11 7
   RE: Ozzy's plan Belle Book 10-31-11 8
       RE: Ozzy's plan iltarion 10-31-11 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-11, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ozzy's plan"
I think giving the HII to Cochran was to insure that Cochran wouldn't be voted out, it would be a unanimous Ozzy vote. Had Cochran been voted out holding onto the HII the danger was, obviously, that he would feel so betrayed that he would just take the HII with him to RI. No one except Ozzy, who couldn't vote for himself, could vote for Cochran.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-30-11, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ozzy's plan"
I have to agree. I think Ozzy wanted to make sure that he was the one voted out, not Cochran -- for obvious reasons.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-11, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ozzy's plan"
I don't think that's why he gave the idol to Cochran because he had to know exactly how the others were voting. He wouldn't risk giving it to Cochran if there was the smallest chance the others would go against his plan. The last thing Ozzy wanted was to see the idol going to RI.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-11, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ozzy's plan"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-11 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

First, he had to give the idol to someone because he wants a Savaii to win. He didn't want to keep it and go home with it in his pocket if he loses the duel.

As you pointed out, the more interesting question is: Why Cochran? It'll be interesting to hear Ozzy's post game comment but I think one of the reasons had to be that Cochran was the least likely postmerge target. Cochran will go to the Upolus and pretend to want to flip. He will learn which player Upolu wants to target and he will then give the idol to that person.

Had Ozzy given it to Keith, the one he trusts the most, there was a possibility that Keith would feel the need to keep the idol, thinking he is being targeted. The idol can turn its possessor into Gollum, especially when you feel you need it.

Ozzy probably also figured that Cochran knew the game well enough to know that keeping the idol would be foolish. It would lose him jury votes and it would put a target on his back. The thing Ozzy may have not realized is that Cochran is savvy enough to know that he could find another use for the idol. Maybe build a whole new alliance.

Another reason to giving it to Cochran had to be to show him loyalty. As Jeff had said, it had been Cochran, Cochran, Cochran at each TC so even with this move, Ozzy probably felt Cochran needed more reassurance, needed to feel totally part of Savaii.

10-30-11, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ozzy's plan"
Your final reason makes the most sense to me.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-11, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ozzy's plan"
Agree, it does help reassure Cochran that he's the one that gets to hold onto the HII. But it also resolves any uncertainty about Keith and Jim's votes since they weren't 100% behind Ozzy's plan.

10-31-11, 07:02 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Ozzy's plan"
Could also be Ozzy's way of saying I don't trust you because of the Elyse vote.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-31-11, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ozzy's plan"
Unfortunately, that seems to be a problem for Ozzy; he's savvy but only up to a point. He wasn't as savvy as Yul, nor was he as savvy as Cirie or Parvati. And he's not as savvy as Cochran.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-31-11, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ozzy's plan"

Most explanations are simple.

Cochran was the one Ozzy first discussed his plan with.

Cochran was the only one to 100% support Ozzy's plan (for obvious reasons.)

And Cochran gives Ozzy his best chance at getting the HII back. Jim, Keith, and Whitney had betrayed Ozzy once already and didn't like Ozzy's plan. Plus, Jim and Keith would both be targets at the merge and want the HII for themselves. Cochran would not have such worries.

Since Ozzy didn't give Cochran the HII until after the vote, it clearly wasn't a move meant to influence the vote or protect Cochran.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •