The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob..he tells a good story"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-11, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob..he tells a good story"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-11 AT 09:07 AM (EST)

It has long been my belief that the editors love the sound bites from Rob, he is an editor's dream. Basically in the video, Jeff says that Rob is the guy he wants to be! He's good at making things, good at challenges and strategy..but what sets him apart is that he is very good at telling the story and in an interesting way. Jeff says that is why they keep going back to him.

And seriously when Rob said last night that he loved Amber and he loved Survivor I really believed him, he should win for that alone imo!

edited to removed expired link.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob.... dabo 05-12-11 1
   RE: Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob.... jbug 05-13-11 2
   RE: Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob.... michel 05-14-11 3
       RE: Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob.... Travel_Queen 05-17-11 4
           RE: Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob.... iltarion 05-17-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-11, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob..he tells a good story"
Yeah, Rob is a great reality show person, he has the number one trait of being able to gab. I don't know if he'll win, but it is kind of a shame he was basically the only one playing Survivor this season.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-11, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob..he tells a good story"
I agree. He's played with more strategy than almost all those on the past few season put together.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-11, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob..he tells a good story"
>...but it is kind
>of a shame he was
>basically the only one playing
>Survivor this season.

The thing is though that every single player in Survivor history had their own personal story and strategy. Players and editors are really in conflict because the players all want their story to be told while the editors choose the story they like. Even Purple Kelly had it all figured out and she was going to make the F3 with Na Onka and Brenda.

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-11, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob..he tells a good story"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-11 AT 05:17 PM (EST)

It's not just Rob's personal story, but the fact that he could explain his moves and strategies, consequences if they failed, alternative moves..etc. So in otherwords, the story that was unfolding. Did Matt have a strategy, maybe..but it wasn't as interesting as his "faith story".. In my opionion, only Philip and Andrea really were articulate enough to express their strategies.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-17-11, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why Jeff crushes on Boston Rob..he tells a good story"

Rob is good TV, always has been. He has been rough at times in his confessionals, but I don't think he ever had to become a despicable human being or a crazy person to be entertaining. If you make a list of the 10 best Survivor quotes of all time, he probably said 4 of them.

"Phillip, he's crazy. Not N-word crazy. Just regular crazy."

"I won't even bother to blindside him. I'll frontside him."

"I have to do something to keep myself entertained."

(talking about Cesterino's efforts at shelter building) "I think Cesternino was on permanent coffee break."

"If two attractive women want to make me a Rob-sandwich out of me, you think I'm going to be an idiot and say no?"

"Amber and I will definitely be doing something together after this is done. We'll be spending my million, or worst case scenario, we'll be spending hers." (still best Survivor line of all time)

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •