The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-11, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"
This season of Survivor has been very interesting with the introduction of Redemption Island. The strategy has been changed up quite a bit, and I still don't think I have a good handle on how this will play out.

For example, there are Jury members at Redemption Island who don't get to be witnesses to Tribal Council - I think that is a first.

And we have no idea how a jury might vote if, say, Matt were to somehow survive RI and re-enter the game for a second time. He will certainly have had a chance to bond with very many of the jury and will not have been responsible for voting against any of them! Maybe getting to the end via RI is better from a jury perspective.

The short sort of has 2 tribes now - Murlonio where they vote each other out, and RI where they just compete to eliminate others. I think the latter does less to hurt feelings (no back-stabbing required).

Jury management/decisions will be very interesting to analyze both before and after the final TC. Rob seems to be dominating the show, but is that good under the RI Jury model?

What are your thoughts?? (keeping this spoiler-free)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynami... red1martini 04-28-11 1
 RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynami... michel 04-29-11 2
   RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynami... dabo 04-29-11 3
       RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynami... iltarion 04-29-11 4
           RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynami... dabo 04-29-11 5
           RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynami... michel 04-29-11 6
               RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynami... garyc 05-02-11 7
 RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynami... MizJazmine 05-03-11 8
 Such crap Jims02 05-05-11 9
   Agree dabo 05-06-11 10
       RE: Agree bleespoorpa 05-10-11 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

red1martini 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-11, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red1martini Click to send private message to red1martini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"
If one more goes to RI that would be 5 against 5 and two equal tribes. Wouldnt it be fun if they had the two tribes play against each other like in the beginning AND tribe immunity. At least for two or three votes and whomever remains in both tribes then merge and finish out the game. Now that would be a good twist.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"
Stupid twist. Simple as that. Fire is life = You"re voted out, you're gone. That's the game.

As for jury dynamics, the returnee would have an advantage

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"
Agree. One person will return to the game, has the potential of making it to Final Tribal, and has the advantage of having been able to socialize with most of those on the jury (while at Redemption) without the baggage of game politics, deals, schemes, vote outs. Big plus for someone who wasn't actually playing the game. Coat-tailers get criticized but at least they have a valid strategy for getting to Final Tribal, not being voted out.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-29-11, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"

Well, I would point out that the basic rules of Redemption Island were spelled out to everyone at the beginning of the season. Therefore, everyone playing the game has to understand that voting someone out at TC doesn't end their game. They are still in the game, playing the game, and if you haven't planned for the possibility of their return, then that is your fault.

Actually, this is another possible advantage to RI, possibly a crucial one, that it allows potential finalists even MORE influence on the jury. Whatever Ometepe gets sent to RI first, the game will very much still be going for them. They will find themselves in the minority for once, and will have the opportunity to distinguish themselves from Rob and earn votes.

I would suggest at this point that Ometepe should be seriously considering sending Grant to RI where his challenge abilities would do the most good for them. He could essentially wipe out the Zaps and get them all on the jury.

>

04-29-11, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"
This is beginning to sound as if Rob should go to RI if he really wants to win, fight his way back while the OmeMurlonios have to Lord of the Flies on each other.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"
If they spelled put before the season that there would now be 4 outs in every inning, do you think it would make it all good. Anyway, people still have to be voted out so it is not as if there is a way around it.

As for Grant being the pawn, he would be stupid to accept. Isntead of being sent to fight on RI, I would tell Rob that it would be better for the two of them to stay ion the game and team up there, fight together, whenever someone returns.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-02-11, 04:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"
can't see why anyone would want to be sent to Redemption Island, as it deprives them of the opportunity to help determine events in the game, though in Matt's case he'd be long gone without it.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-03-11, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"
>This season of Survivor has been
>very interesting with the introduction
>of Redemption Island. The
>strategy has been changed up
>quite a bit, and I
>still don't think I have
>a good handle on how
>this will play out.
>
>For example, there are Jury members
>at Redemption Island who don't
>get to be witnesses to
>Tribal Council - I think
>that is a first.
>
>And we have no idea how
>a jury might vote if,
>say, Matt were to somehow
>survive RI and re-enter the
>game for a second time.
> He will certainly have
>had a chance to bond
>with very many of the
>jury and will not have
>been responsible for voting against
>any of them! Maybe
>getting to the end via
>RI is better from a
>jury perspective.
>
>The short sort of has 2
>tribes now - Murlonio where
>they vote each other out,
>and RI where they just
>compete to eliminate others.
>I think the latter does
>less to hurt feelings (no
>back-stabbing required).
>
>Jury management/decisions will be very interesting
>to analyze both before and
>after the final TC.
>Rob seems to be dominating
>the show, but is that
>good under the RI Jury
>model?
>
>
>What are your thoughts?? (keeping
>this spoiler-free)
>
>
>

I was thinking along these lines as well. On some level on RI they're bonding and there's no scheming just challenges. So there aren't necessarily the hurt feelings from a jury that's been stabbed up. I think it's going to be interesting if someone from RI ends up in the F2/F3.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Such crap"
The above post summarizes pretty well what's wrong with a post-merge Redemption Island.

But then in last night's episode, only the Redemption Island players can play in Reward Challenge?????? And they're given the opportunity to earn goodwill from jury votes, via giving away their prize????? Are you kidding me????

Geez, why do the contestants bother playing the immunity challenge if they can just have Mike hand it to one of them...

A 2003 IceCat original

05-06-11, 01:27 AM (EST)
10. "Agree"
On the other hand, "lovrd ones" is basically just an overblown TV thing, it plays well but means little in the actual game. Mike even recognized in confessional that it was strategically futile and pointless.

bleespoorpa 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-10-11, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bleespoorpa Click to send private message to bleespoorpa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Agree"
This season is doing great these days..It is finally coming to an end soon..The return of Bob and Russel made this show more interesting and full of twists.

Love to watch it here: http://survivor.download-tvshows.com/

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •