URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5081
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"

Posted by byoffer on 04-28-11 at 12:14 PM
This season of Survivor has been very interesting with the introduction of Redemption Island. The strategy has been changed up quite a bit, and I still don't think I have a good handle on how this will play out.

For example, there are Jury members at Redemption Island who don't get to be witnesses to Tribal Council - I think that is a first.

And we have no idea how a jury might vote if, say, Matt were to somehow survive RI and re-enter the game for a second time. He will certainly have had a chance to bond with very many of the jury and will not have been responsible for voting against any of them! Maybe getting to the end via RI is better from a jury perspective.

The short sort of has 2 tribes now - Murlonio where they vote each other out, and RI where they just compete to eliminate others. I think the latter does less to hurt feelings (no back-stabbing required).

Jury management/decisions will be very interesting to analyze both before and after the final TC. Rob seems to be dominating the show, but is that good under the RI Jury model?

What are your thoughts?? (keeping this spoiler-free)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Redemption Island & Jury Dynamics"
Posted by red1martini on 04-28-11 at 12:56 PM
If one more goes to RI that would be 5 against 5 and two equal tribes. Wouldnt it be fun if they had the two tribes play against each other like in the beginning AND tribe immunity. At least for two or three votes and whomever remains in both tribes then merge and finish out the game. Now that would be a good twist.

Posted by michel on 04-29-11 at 07:36 AM
Stupid twist. Simple as that. Fire is life = You"re voted out, you're gone. That's the game.

As for jury dynamics, the returnee would have an advantage

Posted by dabo on 04-29-11 at 10:10 AM
Agree. One person will return to the game, has the potential of making it to Final Tribal, and has the advantage of having been able to socialize with most of those on the jury (while at Redemption) without the baggage of game politics, deals, schemes, vote outs. Big plus for someone who wasn't actually playing the game. Coat-tailers get criticized but at least they have a valid strategy for getting to Final Tribal, not being voted out.

Posted by iltarion on 04-29-11 at 02:12 PM

Well, I would point out that the basic rules of Redemption Island were spelled out to everyone at the beginning of the season. Therefore, everyone playing the game has to understand that voting someone out at TC doesn't end their game. They are still in the game, playing the game, and if you haven't planned for the possibility of their return, then that is your fault.

Actually, this is another possible advantage to RI, possibly a crucial one, that it allows potential finalists even MORE influence on the jury. Whatever Ometepe gets sent to RI first, the game will very much still be going for them. They will find themselves in the minority for once, and will have the opportunity to distinguish themselves from Rob and earn votes.

I would suggest at this point that Ometepe should be seriously considering sending Grant to RI where his challenge abilities would do the most good for them. He could essentially wipe out the Zaps and get them all on the jury.

>

Posted by dabo on 04-29-11 at 02:16 PM
This is beginning to sound as if Rob should go to RI if he really wants to win, fight his way back while the OmeMurlonios have to Lord of the Flies on each other.

Posted by michel on 04-29-11 at 07:02 PM
If they spelled put before the season that there would now be 4 outs in every inning, do you think it would make it all good. Anyway, people still have to be voted out so it is not as if there is a way around it.

As for Grant being the pawn, he would be stupid to accept. Isntead of being sent to fight on RI, I would tell Rob that it would be better for the two of them to stay ion the game and team up there, fight together, whenever someone returns.

Posted by garyc on 05-02-11 at 04:40 AM
can't see why anyone would want to be sent to Redemption Island, as it deprives them of the opportunity to help determine events in the game, though in Matt's case he'd be long gone without it.

Posted by MizJazmine on 05-03-11 at 10:18 PM
>This season of Survivor has been
>very interesting with the introduction
>of Redemption Island. The
>strategy has been changed up
>quite a bit, and I
>still don't think I have
>a good handle on how
>this will play out.
>
>For example, there are Jury members
>at Redemption Island who don't
>get to be witnesses to
>Tribal Council - I think
>that is a first.
>
>And we have no idea how
>a jury might vote if,
>say, Matt were to somehow
>survive RI and re-enter the
>game for a second time.
> He will certainly have
>had a chance to bond
>with very many of the
>jury and will not have
>been responsible for voting against
>any of them! Maybe
>getting to the end via
>RI is better from a
>jury perspective.
>
>The short sort of has 2
>tribes now - Murlonio where
>they vote each other out,
>and RI where they just
>compete to eliminate others.
>I think the latter does
>less to hurt feelings (no
>back-stabbing required).
>
>Jury management/decisions will be very interesting
>to analyze both before and
>after the final TC.
>Rob seems to be dominating
>the show, but is that
>good under the RI Jury
>model?
>
>
>What are your thoughts?? (keeping
>this spoiler-free)
>
>
>

I was thinking along these lines as well. On some level on RI they're bonding and there's no scheming just challenges. So there aren't necessarily the hurt feelings from a jury that's been stabbed up. I think it's going to be interesting if someone from RI ends up in the F2/F3.

"Such crap"
Posted by Jims02 on 05-05-11 at 06:22 PM
The above post summarizes pretty well what's wrong with a post-merge Redemption Island.

But then in last night's episode, only the Redemption Island players can play in Reward Challenge?????? And they're given the opportunity to earn goodwill from jury votes, via giving away their prize????? Are you kidding me????

Geez, why do the contestants bother playing the immunity challenge if they can just have Mike hand it to one of them...

A 2003 IceCat original

"Agree"
Posted by dabo on 05-06-11 at 01:27 AM
On the other hand, "lovrd ones" is basically just an overblown TV thing, it plays well but means little in the actual game. Mike even recognized in confessional that it was strategically futile and pointless.

"RE: Agree"
Posted by bleespoorpa on 05-10-11 at 08:26 AM
This season is doing great these days..It is finally coming to an end soon..The return of Bob and Russel made this show more interesting and full of twists.

Love to watch it here: http://survivor.download-tvshows.com/