LAST EDITED ON 03-12-11 AT 09:28 PM (EST)
Episode #4 was a strong hour of entertainment ending with an utterly predictable TC. It happens, shows you don't need a great TC to have a good show. I really loved how the editing went all over the place this episode, giving nearly every castaway some screen time. Of course, it also didn't hurt that we had Russell crying like a toddler who just broke his favorite toy.
1. B-Rob - Of course, all the haters must not be enjoying this season as much as me because this was another strong episode for B-Rob. He schemed his way to the HII, and this was the second TC in a row that went exactly as he planned. Numbers are a dire problem. Best hope is actually that the Zap6 win out and the merge happens at 8-4, allowing Stephanie and Krista to join his alliance of 4. Of course, RI puts a wrench in that as well, but if his alliance could somehow get to even numbers, then knowing Rooster has the HII could be an advantage. Best line of the show, again, with- "The malice towards Philip at this point is palpable."
2. Mike - Camera found him a lot once again, and he got two confessionals of his own. He might have had the other line of the show with his claim that he's so hungry he hasn't thought about sex in two weeks. Hard to believe considering some of the women around him. He was right about synergy, and I liked that he had a big smile when Sarita revealed Russell cried on his way out.
3. Natalie - Rebounded nicely with a couple confessionals this episode, including actual strategy talk about Kristina not looking for the idol. Put your hair down, girl.
4. Grant - Got 2 confessionals himself though that was mostly to talk about Philip. Guy is an absolute stud and in Rob's tight alliance of 4. Type of challenges is not allowing him to carry the team. Numbers are an even worse concern for him with no HII to protect him. Also, could have booted Philip but let Rob have his way.
5. Sarita - Took the leap up that I wanted her to though Russell naming her Zap leader was not a positive development. She got a couple confessionals and a cry for joy when she saw Russell get beat. Kept her head at RI just like she kept her head at TC.
6. David - Though it might have been hard to notice, he again got multiple confessionals and seemed to wisely keep his eye on Stephanie and Krista. It seems possible that he could use them if the need arose.
7. Ashley - Drops down in Rob's alliance for only getting one confessional and that just being about Philip. Also for not polling the women together and booting Philip. You can't stand the guy; get rid of him. Don't obey Rob. However, the camera loves to find her for reaction shots, and it settles on her a lot at TC, where she definitely looks good with her hair down. Still loving the nearly obscene little bikini, but wow this girl could use some food.
8. Rooster - Maybe down further than he belongs because of his foolishness at RI, and because I am kind of getting annoyed with him. Was key to the IC win however.
9. Steve - Big drop after his tour de force week. He was one of the only Zap's to get no confessionals. He also might have overreacted to the news of Russell's demise. He had won the battle, no reason to gloat over it.
10. Julie - Also perhaps deserves to be higher. Got her one confessional to describe her relief at Russell being gone. That is a good sign.
11. S.A.M - I'm sure many will have him higher, considering the edit loved him once again, but at this point, he is basically a sideshow that everyone on his tribe is overtired with. It was pathetic how quickly he caved to Rob on the info at RI.
12. Andrea - Was one of the only players to get zero confessionals, and that was even after Matt beat Russell. Has sad eyes every time the camera finds her.
13. Krista - She SPEAKS! Got one confessional to say she needs to just lay low. REALLY? She has already proven adept at that.
14. Stephanie - Could be higher. Actually kept her mouth shut for the most part this episode, and seemed to help in the IC. If she were a player, she'd work on David who seems receptive.
MATT - Elijah! My man! Way to strike down the tyranny of man with furious wrath!
Kristina - Has had enough of an edit that beating Matt is possible. Fate was sealed within the first couple days. Not sure if it was because she targeted Rob from the get go, or if it was because Rob was obviously never going to include her.
Francesca - still not sure how Matt beat her
Russell - Went out perfectly for him- crying, complaining, and basically throwing a tantrum. Trying to make himself important to the end by giving Imhotep as much info as possible. He says he is done for good. Yeah, whatever. Even if his Survivor days are over, I expect Celebrity Apprentice is next like some other jack@ss I know.