URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5061
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor 22 Episode #4 Lvoe List"

Posted by iltarion on 03-11-11 at 04:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-11 AT 09:28 PM (EST)

Episode #4 was a strong hour of entertainment ending with an utterly predictable TC. It happens, shows you don't need a great TC to have a good show. I really loved how the editing went all over the place this episode, giving nearly every castaway some screen time. Of course, it also didn't hurt that we had Russell crying like a toddler who just broke his favorite toy.

1. B-Rob - Of course, all the haters must not be enjoying this season as much as me because this was another strong episode for B-Rob. He schemed his way to the HII, and this was the second TC in a row that went exactly as he planned. Numbers are a dire problem. Best hope is actually that the Zap6 win out and the merge happens at 8-4, allowing Stephanie and Krista to join his alliance of 4. Of course, RI puts a wrench in that as well, but if his alliance could somehow get to even numbers, then knowing Rooster has the HII could be an advantage. Best line of the show, again, with- "The malice towards Philip at this point is palpable."

2. Mike - Camera found him a lot once again, and he got two confessionals of his own. He might have had the other line of the show with his claim that he's so hungry he hasn't thought about sex in two weeks. Hard to believe considering some of the women around him. He was right about synergy, and I liked that he had a big smile when Sarita revealed Russell cried on his way out.

3. Natalie - Rebounded nicely with a couple confessionals this episode, including actual strategy talk about Kristina not looking for the idol. Put your hair down, girl.

4. Grant - Got 2 confessionals himself though that was mostly to talk about Philip. Guy is an absolute stud and in Rob's tight alliance of 4. Type of challenges is not allowing him to carry the team. Numbers are an even worse concern for him with no HII to protect him. Also, could have booted Philip but let Rob have his way.

5. Sarita - Took the leap up that I wanted her to though Russell naming her Zap leader was not a positive development. She got a couple confessionals and a cry for joy when she saw Russell get beat. Kept her head at RI just like she kept her head at TC.

6. David - Though it might have been hard to notice, he again got multiple confessionals and seemed to wisely keep his eye on Stephanie and Krista. It seems possible that he could use them if the need arose.

7. Ashley - Drops down in Rob's alliance for only getting one confessional and that just being about Philip. Also for not polling the women together and booting Philip. You can't stand the guy; get rid of him. Don't obey Rob. However, the camera loves to find her for reaction shots, and it settles on her a lot at TC, where she definitely looks good with her hair down. Still loving the nearly obscene little bikini, but wow this girl could use some food.

8. Rooster - Maybe down further than he belongs because of his foolishness at RI, and because I am kind of getting annoyed with him. Was key to the IC win however.

9. Steve - Big drop after his tour de force week. He was one of the only Zap's to get no confessionals. He also might have overreacted to the news of Russell's demise. He had won the battle, no reason to gloat over it.

10. Julie - Also perhaps deserves to be higher. Got her one confessional to describe her relief at Russell being gone. That is a good sign.

11. S.A.M - I'm sure many will have him higher, considering the edit loved him once again, but at this point, he is basically a sideshow that everyone on his tribe is overtired with. It was pathetic how quickly he caved to Rob on the info at RI.

12. Andrea - Was one of the only players to get zero confessionals, and that was even after Matt beat Russell. Has sad eyes every time the camera finds her.

13. Krista - She SPEAKS! Got one confessional to say she needs to just lay low. REALLY? She has already proven adept at that.

14. Stephanie - Could be higher. Actually kept her mouth shut for the most part this episode, and seemed to help in the IC. If she were a player, she'd work on David who seems receptive.

RI

MATT - Elijah! My man! Way to strike down the tyranny of man with furious wrath!

Kristina - Has had enough of an edit that beating Matt is possible. Fate was sealed within the first couple days. Not sure if it was because she targeted Rob from the get go, or if it was because Rob was obviously never going to include her.

Buff Burned

Francesca - still not sure how Matt beat her

Russell - Went out perfectly for him- crying, complaining, and basically throwing a tantrum. Trying to make himself important to the end by giving Imhotep as much info as possible. He says he is done for good. Yeah, whatever. Even if his Survivor days are over, I expect Celebrity Apprentice is next like some other jack@ss I know.

>

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor 22 Episode #4 Lvoe List"
Posted by garyc on 03-11-11 at 08:00 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-11 AT 08:02 AM (EST)

Don't hate Rob. He's very entertaining and its fun to watch him operate. But it's also frustrating watching him exercise near total control over a group of people supposedly there to play and win. He should only be allowed to play against experienced players. They might be able to compete.

Posted by michel on 03-12-11 at 05:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-11 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

1-Rob: Who else invents a game just to get people out of camp? That was even funnier than Parvati telling Amanda she stinks and should go wash up before the meal, giving her time to find her idol. His talk with Phillip showed why the Mafia is always ahead of the federal agents!

2- Natalie: She is the one that Rob trusts because he asked her if Ashley or grant could flip and she contributed to the voting decision, poining out that Kristina was "acting weird."

3- Matt: Great job getting rid of the troll.

4-Stephanie: She certainly should be rated high but I knew she'd stay low on Iltarion's list. She handled two legs in the challenge and she had a funny snarky remark to Mike who didn't know why Ometepe booted Matt: "People do dumb stuff like throw challenges when they are ahead." I'll nominate that for line of the evening.

5- Andrea: She could have been a little more attentive to what Rob was doing but she did succeed in getting back under the radar.

6-Phillip: I think Phillip is a better, bigger character than Coach. Quite a piece of work and now he's talking about what he needs to do to Outlast, Outplay, Outwit. This one could hurt.

7- Mike: I'll move Mike back at the top of the Zap6 but I'm not sure he knows much about synergy and chemistry. He thinks his tribe is in control but his dumb smile tells me that something bad is about to happen.

8- Ralph: Ralph is still presented as the leader of his crew but, despite his challenge and outdoors skills, we are reminded that he is a rookie at this game, giving everything he had to the other side.

9- Sarita: She wanted to see Russell fall but then choked up seeing his tears. I think she realized, if only for a moment, that they made the wrong move.

10- David: Will he be Zapatera's Shambo or their Eliza? He didn't participate in the last challenge, the tribe counting on Stephanie more than him so will that worry him about his standing in the 6 and he'll Shambo his way to the other side? Or will the Zap 6 think that they could be the Zap 5 and target him like Yasur targeted Eliza? There could be something interesting brewing with David.

11- Steve: He didn't receive any credit for making the big decision.

12- Ashley: She'll have to endure Phillip for a few more days...or more.

13-Krista: When she said she wanted to put her game face on, I thought she meant lipstick, eye-liner and blush more than poker face.

14- Grant: The guy can run so maybe he really was an NFL wide receiver.

15-Julie: Her joy at learning of Russell's departure also made me think that something bad is about to happen to her.

The Troll: Adios.
Kristina: Rock it all you want but Matt can't lose.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

Posted by garyc on 03-13-11 at 09:32 AM
There's only one Coach.

Posted by michel on 03-13-11 at 11:17 AM
Yes, as these make clear:

http://funny115.com/v2/106.htm

http://funny115.com/v2/96.htm

http://funny115.com/v2/82.htm

(And I'm sure Mario will have more Coach entries as he continues his count-down)

But, until his break-down in Heroes vs Villains, Coach didn't have the self-awareness that Phillip demonstrated. Delusional and self-aware at the same time? Hero and fool in saggy pink underwear? Like Coach, Phillip is one of a kind but I think he understands the game better so, while Coach messed everything up, Phillip can mess up and succeed at the same time.

Posted by garyc on 03-16-11 at 01:48 AM
yes, Coach wasn't much on strategy. He was all about the entertainment.

Posted by iltarion on 03-16-11 at 04:08 PM

Who else but Coach would cry like a 5 year old one moment and then compare himself to Julius Caesar the next? There is indeed only one Coach.

Again, michel appears to disregard the beloved social game whenever it is expedient. Philip strategically might have more game than Coach, but what does that matter? He has NO social game. He is generally despised by everyone on his tribe. The only way he could make the end is as the goat.

>

Posted by michel on 03-16-11 at 05:47 PM
When did I say Phillip had a good, average or bad social game? I know he isn't liked by his tribe but that is often a good thing in this game. What will hurt is that those that can't stand him will have to endure him a long time, I think.

Posted by garyc on 03-17-11 at 10:40 PM
Funny. No disrepect to Sierra whom I kind of liked, but the much more Coach-like name he gave her during the game, "Dragon Dung" should have been used here.

Might be a fun, unpredictable post-merge game this season if Stephanie, Phillip and Andrea can stay alive and either Matt or Krista return.