The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-10-10, 03:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-10 AT 03:45 AM (EST)

Hey, great episode! Who saw that coming? Not me.

1. Sandra- Is in virtually no danger now and actually has a shot to win this. Has the idol, has the ability to play any side she wants with impugnity, and can win a vote against about anyone. She has Coach and Courtney's votes in the bag, and all the Heroes know she offered to save them from Russell.

2. Parvati- Losing her "faithful soldier," as Brian once coined. is a huge blow to her game, which was a virtual tiptoe through the tulips until now. I thought immediately telling Amanda about her HII was the first strategical error she made, but that actually worked out in her favor. Now she made her second error in failing to pull in Geri. Still, I can put her no lower than 2nd. She is still the best social player in the game and can win an IC if it is the right one.

3. Rupert- Now, actually has a chance to win this. Who would have believed it? Made his best move in 3 seasons of Survivor by fooling the Villians with a rock in his pocket, and then proceeded to dodge bullets through consecutive TCs. Problem is, everyone thinks he is too well-liked to risk taking to the end. He will remain the target. It would help if the ICs stopped being so biased towards the women. Haha... What's next? A balance beam challenge?

4. Geri- Is below Rupert only because of his smart play with the rock. I loved her move to go after Candice right after Candice flipped. She is now under everyone's radar and also has a decent chance to win this.

5. Colby- Has done little and continues to do little. Best thing going for him is that Rupert is a bigger target and now maybe Russell. Loved his comments about Candice at TC though.

6. Russell- Yes, should have moved him down here sooner. Hey, great move by getting rid of Danielle. It made things more difficult for Parvati instead of letting her coast to a win. He can't win, regardless. So, no difference for him. I have a lot to say about his discussion with Rupert. I will post it elsewhere.

Set up 2 more cots at Ponderosa:

Candice- Hahaha... Turns out, she DIDN'T learn from her first time. At least after her first mutiny, she got to stick around for a while, though about half that time was spent on EI. She blew it. Sandra gave her a shot at winning, and she threw it away. Her move wasn't just risky; it was unwarranted.

Danielle- Wow. Went from position of power to meltdown at TC and elimination. That's the danger of dancing with the Devil. HE doesn't share power.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... garcor 05-10-10 1
 RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... Belle Book 05-10-10 2
 RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 05-10-10 3
   RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... garcor 05-10-10 4
       RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 05-10-10 5
           RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... garcor 05-11-10 6
   RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... iltarion 05-11-10 7
       RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 05-11-10 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-10-10, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-10 AT 07:05 AM (EST)

1. Rupert: Jeff criticized him in his blog for moralizing in a game where all is fair but I didn't get the criticism. From what was shown, Candice could him given the Heroes the numbers advantage as Sandra was willing to join them until she realized Candice was flipping. And while Rupert started the unpleasant conversation with Russell, he told the cameras in advance he needed to stir something up as he was the likely next target.

Anyway, woke up a few episodes back when Candice warned him about Russell and did the most this episode to help himself, and his remaining tribesmate, by fooling Russell with the rock. The argument with Russell also put Russell's personality, at its ugliest, out there for all to see and hear.

2. Sandra: Should have been next target after Coach. Instead looks safe for a while longer. If the other players dislike Russell so leaves next, she could end up as the swing vote between heroes and villains. Has probably played the smartest game of anyone, if the object is to actually win the jury vote.

3. Parvati: Don't think she's running anything now Danielle is gone. Giving of idols to Geri and Sandra might keep her around, though could see Sandra not caring enough about that to not target Parvati as the best remaining player with a chance to win the jury vote.

4. Geri: No problem with me in her targeting Candice.

5. Russell: Explosion in Rupert's argument not likely to make anyone like or respect him more. Agree with argument that voting out Danielle was probably illadvised though not positive of that.

6. Colby: Still hasn't done much beyond calling out Candice for turning on her tribe.

Gone:

Candice: Deserved in that she killed her tribe's last chance by flipping at a point where it looked to have a chance to gain control. Making it worse Russell offered her nothing for flipping. Candice was willing to talk switching with him and then let herself think Villain's would dislike her if she didn't actually do it. They might have respected her more. Think Candice, while no doubt intelligent, has trouble getting people (many of these players are older remember) to listen to her and take her seriously. Feeling left out she then abandons them, hoping her new allies will give her more of a voice.

Danielle: Did deserve better. Wonder if her boast of having wrestled the idol clue away from Amanda made Russell take her more seriously than necessary, and decide he needed her gone.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-10-10, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 12"
Here's my list:

1. Sandra -- way to go, girl! You got the HII and are safe till the Final 5 at least!

2. Parvati -- losing her loyal soldier is the only reason she's in second. That and the fact that I like Sandra more. Still, she's cleverer than the others in the game.

3. Rupert -- he actually has a chance to win. But will he get the Immunity wins he needs to get to the finals? I doubt it.

4. Jerri -- I think she voted out Danielle because she was afraid she'd be out in the cold. Still, she should've voted out Rupert before going after Danielle.

5. Colby -- the worst of the remaining Heroes. Still, he's better than one person on my list.

6. RussHell the Troll -- idiot. And a troll. That's all I've got to say about this worthless specimen of humanity.

Voted out:

Candice -- you seem to have a problem with timing your decisions to jump ship. Those problems doomed you in Cook Islands and they doomed you here as well.

Danielle -- actually, RussHell should've dumped Parvati, not you. That said, you shouldn't have let him get under your skin with his actions.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-10, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-10 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

1- Parvati: How often have viewers asked: Why don’t they compare notes? Parvati did and she caught Russell in his lies. She stayed calm which seems to be her game plan. Russell won this round but Parvati told us something that gives her a big advantage over Russell: It would be suicidal for him to take any of his two new best friends to the end. She understands the situation.

2- Sandra: In the recap, Sandra was presented as being the only one to go against Russell and survive. She continued to get fun, lippy comments after each challenge. She one-upped Russell by finding an idol almost under his nose and keeping it secret from him. Her role in the second half of the episode was much less important.

3- Russell: You have to give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar: No one has ever been better at gaining instant control of a game. However, he should have simply planted a seed in Danielle’s head and left it at that. Telling two allies two different things is a big mistake. When it comes to his chances of winning the game, he is more like the Emperor with new clothes than Caesar. Vini, Vidi, Dummy.

4- Rupert: When Russell told him to vote against “Danellie”, maybe it wouldn’t have been wise for Rupert to go to Parvati to turn the vote against the player who was even worse than Fairplay but it would have been heroic. For a guy who started the episode only wanting to show how terrible it was to align with Russell, he quickly renounced his principles. The Hidden Immunity Rock was hilarious and well played.

5- Jerri: She changed the way the first vote went and she made the crucial vote against Danielle. Jerri was the key to both TCs yet she received very little airtime.

6- Colby: He is proud of the way he is playing the game? Really?? We've had 3 endurance challenges and he has probably lasted less than 25 minutes TOTAL! PATHETIC. Then he loses a race to Sandra! As for his strategic game, he finally made his first decision.

Booted - Candice: Russell said it best: Voting her out was a mistake and: “It was her best move. She goes to the villains’ side at number 6 and, unless you are going to give all the villains a million dollars, something’s got to break within the villains.” It could have led her to the F3. She was not going anywhere but F4/F5 with the Heroes.

- Danielle: She played a solid game, only beaten by Russell's insecurities.

As for: "It would help if the ICs stopped being so biased towards the women."

Endurance challenges are the fairest of all. In previous seasons, JT won the telephone cabin one and Ozzy won the pole stand. Over the years, these challenges have been pretty equally divided by gender. The second challenge was more made for men, especially that wall.

05-10-10, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 12"
Yes something broke, Candice. Still don't see her switch as a smart move. She might have been able to outsmart Colby, Rupert, and Amanda. And at least they'd likely have kept her around a little longer than the Villain's did.

Good point about Parvati talking to Danielle. Forgot about that.

05-10-10, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 12"
Jeff asked Amanda: "How do you convince Sandra from switching from 5th on the Villains to 5th on the Heroes?"
Amanda, without batting an eye, replied: "You offer her a better deal."
A better deal meant it had be at Candice's expense. Anyway, Candice had no chance to beat any of the Heroes at FTC. I'd have gone with the chance of facing the biggest goat there; Russell.

I don't give a damn about finishing 8th or 4th. I do care about having a chance to win. Some players see it this way also. Big risk for big reward.

05-11-10, 06:31 AM (EST)
6. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 12"
Promises aren't always kept. And at that moment Sandra likely figured she needed the Heroes as much as they needed her.

I don't know that Candice is one of those players. I think she was just frustrated with her place in her tribe, and with their less than intelligent recent play.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-11-10, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-10 AT 11:27 AM (EST)

As expected, the unusually constant defender of all things womanly... It is quite the curiosity.

We have seen that EXACT same challenge 3 times- the 3 winners: Shi Ann, Parvati, Parvati. History shows advantage lies with a certain body type.

Not all endurance challenges are created the same. At the end of Vanuatu, Chris outlasted Twila and Scout in holding an arrow strung. No surprise. Clear advantage to the man there.

I've tried holding my arm above my head for an extended period of time. It is quite difficult for a man. Raising the arm means lifting the shoulder. My arm and shoulder is much heavier than my wife's. Yes, I'm much stronger, but trust me, it doesn't balance out. Let her hold a one pound weight straight out while I hold a 5 pound weight. I'll probably lose. It doesn't matter if I'm 5 times stronger. It is the cumulative effect of holding a heavier weight.

Props to Rupert for almost winning that challenge twice. Dude is just strong.

I agree the 2nd IC challenge was slightly advantageous to men. Slightly. A tall and fairly strong woman like Amanda or Danni could have scaled that wall as quickly as most men. However, the too-small-for-a-man pole challenge and the arm above the head challenge were clearly designed to give a woman immunity. I don't have a problem with an IC here or there being to the advantage of women since so many of them are advantageous to the men, but 2 of the last 3 ICs being that way is starting to approach a trend.

>

05-11-10, 07:51 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 12"
When you go overboard in praising a woman, any woman, I'll take the other side. I do remember arguing against Morasca when you were saying she was about the greatest of all times behind Brian and Tom. That was a long time ago!!!!

To be exact, the same challenge was run another time in Africa and Teresa won BUT, and this is key, Clarence was right there with her and gave her the win. Stupid move that gets forgotten.

ALSO, Jason lasted 6 hours alongside Parvati and again, he gave up immunity to feed the tribe. I do not see it as strictly made for women when men have been able to last 6 hours.

In A$$, Rob and Tom probably never really tried to win immunity. Why strain themselves? Put them on the block instead of Shii Ann and let's see what happens before using it as an example.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •