The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Would you go on BB if you had a chance? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-24-09, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Would you go on BB if you had a chance? "
We're watching J (and J) make what seems to be a boneheaded move today. We think that we would be able to see things more clearly and play better if we were in the BB house.

Would you go on BB if you had a chance? Would you want your every word, every story recorded by the live feeders, people making videos with some silly thing you said, people posting your towel/bathing suit slip on the web for all to see?

And if you did go on BB, would you lie, lie, lie, like Nat has done? And how would your family and friends receive you after the show if you did?

I'd never go on reality tv. Game show, possibly, but not reality tv where you can get edited however the show needs you to be edited ... and not something that is really you. And yes, I think I could lie when necessary, because it is a game.

I'd never go on BB because there would most likely be the types of people in the cast who drive me up the wall, like an Evel ##### who gets in your face and is nasty just to be nasty.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Would you go on BB if you had a... kingfish 08-24-09 1
 RE: Would you go on BB if you had a... Estee 08-24-09 2
   RE: Would you go on BB if you had a... vince3 08-24-09 4
   RE: Would you go on BB if you had a... kingfish 08-24-09 5
 RE: Would you go on BB if you had a... no reality 08-24-09 3
 Only if I could IceCat 08-24-09 6
   RE: Only if I could Round Robin 08-25-09 7
 RE: Would you go on BB if you had a... qwertypie 08-25-09 8
   RE: Would you go on BB if you had a... kingfish 08-26-09 9
 RE: Would you go on BB if you had a... Colonel Zoidberg 09-19-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-09, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Would you go on BB if you had a chance? "
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-09 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

Yes. For a chance at a million (or even a half Million) I'd wear the unitard the whole time, and lie and deceive and backstab and backdoor, and eat slop if I had to. If the diary room asked to let the towel slip, no porb. If it happened accidentally, so what!

I have done cold showers, and I don't mind them.

I would not give one of Icecat's rat patooties how they edited me.

Cause I know y'all (and my family) would love me no matter what.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-09, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Would you go on BB if you had a chance? "
As far as the established network reality shows go, BB's always been the one where I had the highest chance of being recruited. (A little more realistically, there may be a raised middle finger directed towards a VH1 casting agent somewhere in my future.) So I'd given this some casual daydream thought before the thread came up.

I value my privacy. Going on the show would mean giving up every last bit of it for up to three months and losing a large degree of anonymity I might have left: for some I would turn into 'that person who...' instead of 'that stranger'. It would take a major upheaval in my life for that to change. Just about the only justification I can come up with under the current situation is 'I'm going to go punch holes in a few stereotypes.' And that's laughable, because while the live feed people might get some sort of real picture, the editors could render any efforts I made into a joke with a single mouse click.

Ultimately, I would be perceived the way they wanted me to be seen -- and the odds of that being the way I am are far too low to ever bet on.

If I somehow wound up there anyway...

(This next bit will confuse a lot of people.)

...I'm not Alex: we don't see situations the same way. But some of the rules she followed for her game are solid: lie by omission, say what you mean without saying everything you're thinking, never be arrogant, don't display power unless there's no other choice. All of those carry over word for word into the hamster cage.

With that said -- would I directly lie? Yes, but not casually. I'd try to commit to the truth as much as possible (or at least partial truths based on not giving people every last detail): save the lies for when they would be the most necessary. One or two falsehoods held up by a network of half-truths might be easier to deal with than a full-fledged pure creation of the spool.

My circle would accept that I was playing the game as best I could: they know me well enough to realize my intentions within the system. It wouldn't keep them from taking notes for later...

You touched upon one of my secondary issues with going into the cage: the sure and certain knowledge that the casting director would have chosen at least half the personalities in the hopes they'd clash with mine. I would have to accept that I'd be going into a household of harpies with no real room to retreat and get a moment of peace: that's a hard fact to deal with. No way to get away from the idiots (and there would be idiots) and bigots (strong probability) plus the willfully ignorant (guaranteed) except by breaking down the front door. Stressful? Make me face down enough raw dumb and I might just take a half-million dollar stroll to make it stop.

And I don't think I would do well without some sort of distraction to take my mind off the show. No computer, television, radio, or music. Nothing to read except the rulebook and an optional Bible. No news of any kind. I might be able to take a couple of weeks on that level of disconnect -- but up to three months? Owsie. Hope we have masters of the art of storytelling in there. At the very least, throw us a deck of cards or I'm going to be in the backyard trying to scratch art into the wall with my fingernails.

I think I could potentially do well within the game. I just don't know about staying inside that environment.

One thing I did daydream-consider: getting up before everyone else each morning, stepping into the backyard, facing a camera, and providing a ten-minute review of the prior day, my thoughts on same, and upcoming strategies, all as a means of destressing and working things out. America's Confessional.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-09, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Would you go on BB if you had a chance? "
One thing I did daydream-consider: getting up before everyone else each morning, stepping into the backyard, facing a camera, and providing a ten-minute review of the prior day, my thoughts on same, and upcoming strategies, all as a means of destressing and working things out. America's Confessional.

I think it's somewhat been done, but at night, by ED in season 8..... and if I was ever in the cage, I'd probably do something similar to help me sleep.......

08-24-09, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Would you go on BB if you had a chance? "
I would donate to the fund to get you on BB. And you could hold a picture in front of your face, like Kim.

Mainly because all you would have to do, all you could do, is write. Your reviews of the show, of your version of the show (fake guests, fake challenges, etc.) and of the other guests, etc. And I think you'd be famous and in demand afterward. If you see this as a Juno parallel, then so be it.

For my donation I would require a portion of your advances and a 2% royalty in publishings for ten years. Alternatively, I'd sign as your agent at 10% of your gross, guaranteed 10 year contract (Fooner promised I’d get something educational from Shark Tank)

Maybe you'd have time and sanity for that Sci-Fi novel? With America's choice plot lines, twists, alien creature features...

And because I can't believe that someone who can add two and two can fail to see some of the stuff that seems so obvious from TV viewing land. This is a direct reference to JJ, but also a reference to 99% of the hamsters in history; I would grant Nakonis an exception to that generalization.

no reality 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-24-09, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail no%20reality Click to send private message to no%20reality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Would you go on BB if you had a chance? "
No! I would absolutely not go on BB if I had the chance. You would have to be talking a lot more money and a lot different terms. The money doesn't sound too bad, IF YOU WIN, but consider the money that most of the contestants receive for their time in the BB House or thereafter. It just doesn't make sense to me but then look at most of the people who are on that program. Its just the greatest opportunity that they will ever see in their lives.

Most of them really haven't got much going for themselves. Sure, its not a bad idea for someone to play the game when they have their regular jobs that they can go back to. I laugh when I hear that some of the contestants say that they are actually making less money being on the show. Then why are they there? Of course, many of the people on the show think that they will be "discovered" and go on to big and better things.

Just how many of the previous contestants have made it big after being on the show other than being able to be on radio or TV programs relating to Big Brother in later years? I can't recall seeing too many of them on anything.

I think that CBS is making a killing on this program at the expense of these simple hampsters. How many of this year's contestants are going to be seen well in the public eye once this season is over for them? They even make them eat slop. How pathetic!

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-09, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Only if I could"

... get mah boobs done before the show.

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-25-09, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Only if I could"
You'd have to be nuckin' futs to go on that show. To go on a show on which the other dozen contestants are mental cases you'd have to live with 24/7 for over 2 months, you'd have to be a mental case yourself. I'm a mental case, but not enough of one to do that!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-09, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Would you go on BB if you had a chance? "
NOPE.

Tho' I can guarantee it would make for very interesting TV if I did.

08-26-09, 09:05 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Would you go on BB if you had a chance? "
I would donate to your fund too.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-19-09, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Would you go on BB if you had a chance? "
Thos of you who went to OT circa December 2007 know that my hometown of Columbus, OH had an open casting call around that time, and I tried out. I crashed and burned (I'm not the show's type, although neither are Ronnie and Michele.) But yes, given the chance, I'd do it.

I'd much rather go on TAR (first choice) or Survivor (second.) But BB would be a nice bronze medal.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •