The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-29-08, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
America's Player? Is back. And we get to decide who it is.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Big-Brother-News/800044112

Note the phrasing on the money available: up to $20,000 over one week. It doesn't mean this is a one-week-only twist, but I wouldn't cross the possibility off just yet.

So. Who do we want to screw?

No, in the other sense.

Posted to Spoilers because the news won't officially hit the show for a couple of hours.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Who do you pick abuse? Estee 07-29-08 1
   RE: Who do you pick abuse? Snidget 07-29-08 2
       RE: Who do you pick abuse? Estee 07-29-08 3
           RE: Who do you pick abuse? Snidget 07-29-08 5
 RE: If at first you ruin a contesta... vince3 07-29-08 4
 RE: If at first you ruin a contesta... true 07-29-08 6
   RE: If at first you ruin a contesta... Loree 07-29-08 7
       RE: If at first you ruin a contesta... Wacko Jacko 07-30-08 8
           RE: If at first you ruin a contesta... Estee 07-30-08 9
               RE: If at first you ruin a contesta... Wacko Jacko 07-30-08 10
                   RE: If at first you ruin a contesta... Estee 07-30-08 11
       RE: If at first you ruin a contesta... Queene1979 07-30-08 12
           RE: If at first you ruin a contesta... Wacko Jacko 07-30-08 13
               RE: If at first you ruin a contesta... volsfan 07-30-08 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-29-08, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Who do you pick abuse?"
I'm not always in the VFTW crowd -- I honestly don't want to interfere with someone's gameplay if they have any real chance of winning at all. At least, I don't want to do that if I can remotely stand the person involved. And with this show, that's a hard requirement to fulfill.

So if it came down to 'Who do you want to see pick up some extra cash because this twist means they can't win anyway?', I'd probably go with Dan or Renny. But if it's 'Who do you want to interfere with and ruin their entire life?' -- Libra, or Jessie if he stays in this week.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who do you pick abuse?"
While screwing with Libra has it's appeal, there is always messing with April and Ollie.

I remember the "can't talk to someone" thing and having one of them suddenly avoiding the other might at least give the feed-cappers a break.

07-29-08, 06:27 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Who do you pick abuse?"
I know, and they could use one. It's just that Libra's such a monumental control freak, the mere idea of having someone pulling her strings could kill her before anyone got a chance at the first tug.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who do you pick abuse?"
Do you think we'd be lucky enough that she'd last long enough to get out of the diary room before her head Dracos?

It's no fun if they can't catch it live on the feeds and put it on Youtube.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
I actually wouldn't mind Jerry being the AP.

1. It's not like he's actually gonna win this thing, if he even sniffs the Final 4 the panic will probably set in that he'd be a 7-0 sure thing to win.

2. It's not like anything that we'd make him do would be that much different than any of the carp he's already done in the house............

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
I hate the America's player twist. This show is about to lose me, and I've been barely hanging on as it is. Blech.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
I didn't like this last time and it caused ED to win.

If they want the public to have a vote why don't they just let America be HOH one week. Announce to the house that there is no HOH comp one week. We get to vote for who we want nominated one week. Top 2 vote getters are put on the block. Then if one gets off with the veto the next highest vote getter goes up. Just do this one week. It would cause some chaos in the house.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-30-08, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
Remember that whoever we vote for can decline to be America's Player. They get $20,000 if they accept.

I am thinking April or Ollie. Libra won't be around long. Jerry or Remy might be fun also. Jerry seems to think the 'playa' is Memphis. Honestly even Dan......I might just like America pick the player because it think all of them just the same...but it has to be someone who will be around a while. I don't think Jessie, Angie, Libra, or Keesha will be around long enough.

07-30-08, 10:29 AM (EST)
9. "RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
I'm pretty sure the payout will be based on tasks completed -- up to 20K. And the person voted in has to accept, under the show's contract.

In fact, once they tell that one person they're it, the show is committed: you can't go to a second option, because then one player knows there's a public vote factor in play -- and can anyone in this cage keep their mouth shut?

07-30-08, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-08 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

I am pretty sure they said that the person gets $20,000 just for accepting the America's Player role. It is not "up to $20,000".

Actually per the Big Brother site.........
"Tune-in Thursday night at 8,7 central, when the person you choose will be offered $20,000 to do your bidding. "

07-30-08, 12:40 PM (EST)
11. "RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
I'm going by the original press release, but it's possible for BB to change the setting on their three collective brain cells. I'd just be surprised by any series stunt that gave someone money without making them pay for it first -- and pay, and pay, and pay...

Point's semi-moot: we'll find out Thursday. (Or Sunday. Or Tuesday. Or, given this series, never.) But this is cheaper than what Eric was offered: his pay-per-task could have ultimately reaped $50,000 if he'd lasted the full season and succeeded at every assignment. Our new AP is being lowballed.

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-30-08, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
I really like this idea!!! I would LOVE to see the chaos this would cause in the house.

>I didn't like this last time
>and it caused ED to
>win.
>
>If they want the public to
>have a vote why don't
>they just let America be
>HOH one week. Announce
>to the house that there
>is no HOH comp one
>week. We get to vote
>for who we want nominated
>one week. Top 2
>vote getters are put on
>the block. Then if
>one gets off with the
>veto the next highest vote
>getter goes up. Just do
>this one week. It
>would cause some chaos in
>the house.

07-30-08, 03:03 PM (EST)
13. "RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
I ended up voting for Remmy. She is laying too low now. She could be interesting in this role. Imagine if she is told to flirt with someone in the house.....or get in bed with another.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-08, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
I voted for Dan. I just think he has layed low so much that not many peeps would suspect him of mischief.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •