URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 1264
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"

Posted by Estee on 07-29-08 at 05:58 PM
America's Player? Is back. And we get to decide who it is.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Big-Brother-News/800044112

Note the phrasing on the money available: up to $20,000 over one week. It doesn't mean this is a one-week-only twist, but I wouldn't cross the possibility off just yet.

So. Who do we want to screw?

No, in the other sense.

Posted to Spoilers because the news won't officially hit the show for a couple of hours.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Who do you pick abuse?"
Posted by Estee on 07-29-08 at 06:14 PM
I'm not always in the VFTW crowd -- I honestly don't want to interfere with someone's gameplay if they have any real chance of winning at all. At least, I don't want to do that if I can remotely stand the person involved. And with this show, that's a hard requirement to fulfill.

So if it came down to 'Who do you want to see pick up some extra cash because this twist means they can't win anyway?', I'd probably go with Dan or Renny. But if it's 'Who do you want to interfere with and ruin their entire life?' -- Libra, or Jessie if he stays in this week.

"RE: Who do you pick abuse?"
Posted by Snidget on 07-29-08 at 06:21 PM
While screwing with Libra has it's appeal, there is always messing with April and Ollie.

I remember the "can't talk to someone" thing and having one of them suddenly avoiding the other might at least give the feed-cappers a break.

Posted by Estee on 07-29-08 at 06:27 PM
I know, and they could use one. It's just that Libra's such a monumental control freak, the mere idea of having someone pulling her strings could kill her before anyone got a chance at the first tug.

Posted by Snidget on 07-29-08 at 07:05 PM
Do you think we'd be lucky enough that she'd last long enough to get out of the diary room before her head Dracos?

It's no fun if they can't catch it live on the feeds and put it on Youtube.

"RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
Posted by vince3 on 07-29-08 at 06:43 PM
I actually wouldn't mind Jerry being the AP.

1. It's not like he's actually gonna win this thing, if he even sniffs the Final 4 the panic will probably set in that he'd be a 7-0 sure thing to win.

2. It's not like anything that we'd make him do would be that much different than any of the carp he's already done in the house............

"RE: If at first you ruin a contestant's chances of winning, do it to someone else!"
Posted by true on 07-29-08 at 07:39 PM
I hate the America's player twist. This show is about to lose me, and I've been barely hanging on as it is. Blech.

Posted by Loree on 07-29-08 at 08:29 PM
I didn't like this last time and it caused ED to win.

If they want the public to have a vote why don't they just let America be HOH one week. Announce to the house that there is no HOH comp one week. We get to vote for who we want nominated one week. Top 2 vote getters are put on the block. Then if one gets off with the veto the next highest vote getter goes up. Just do this one week. It would cause some chaos in the house.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-30-08 at 08:56 AM
Remember that whoever we vote for can decline to be America's Player. They get $20,000 if they accept.

I am thinking April or Ollie. Libra won't be around long. Jerry or Remy might be fun also. Jerry seems to think the 'playa' is Memphis. Honestly even Dan......I might just like America pick the player because it think all of them just the same...but it has to be someone who will be around a while. I don't think Jessie, Angie, Libra, or Keesha will be around long enough.

Posted by Estee on 07-30-08 at 10:29 AM
I'm pretty sure the payout will be based on tasks completed -- up to 20K. And the person voted in has to accept, under the show's contract.

In fact, once they tell that one person they're it, the show is committed: you can't go to a second option, because then one player knows there's a public vote factor in play -- and can anyone in this cage keep their mouth shut?

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-30-08 at 12:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-08 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

I am pretty sure they said that the person gets $20,000 just for accepting the America's Player role. It is not "up to $20,000".

Actually per the Big Brother site.........
"Tune-in Thursday night at 8,7 central, when the person you choose will be offered $20,000 to do your bidding. "

Posted by Estee on 07-30-08 at 12:40 PM
I'm going by the original press release, but it's possible for BB to change the setting on their three collective brain cells. I'd just be surprised by any series stunt that gave someone money without making them pay for it first -- and pay, and pay, and pay...

Point's semi-moot: we'll find out Thursday. (Or Sunday. Or Tuesday. Or, given this series, never.) But this is cheaper than what Eric was offered: his pay-per-task could have ultimately reaped $50,000 if he'd lasted the full season and succeeded at every assignment. Our new AP is being lowballed.

Posted by Queene1979 on 07-30-08 at 01:18 PM
I really like this idea!!! I would LOVE to see the chaos this would cause in the house.

>I didn't like this last time
>and it caused ED to
>win.
>
>If they want the public to
>have a vote why don't
>they just let America be
>HOH one week. Announce
>to the house that there
>is no HOH comp one
>week. We get to vote
>for who we want nominated
>one week. Top 2
>vote getters are put on
>the block. Then if
>one gets off with the
>veto the next highest vote
>getter goes up. Just do
>this one week. It
>would cause some chaos in
>the house.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-30-08 at 03:03 PM
I ended up voting for Remmy. She is laying too low now. She could be interesting in this role. Imagine if she is told to flirt with someone in the house.....or get in bed with another.

Posted by volsfan on 07-30-08 at 05:33 PM
I voted for Dan. I just think he has layed low so much that not many peeps would suspect him of mischief.